|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, Mr. Wegg Prepares a Grindstone for Mr. Boffin's Nose; Chapter 15, The Golden Dustman at his Worst; Chapter 16, The Feast of the Three Hobgoblins; and Chapter 17, A Social Chorus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the inspector investigating a report of missing lime?
(a) Six Jolly Fellowship Porters.
(b) Veneering mansion.
(c) Harmon villa.
(d) Boffins residence.
2. After recovering from the death of the young orphan, who decides to leave the Boffin residence?
(a) Bella Wilfer.
(b) Betty Hidgen.
(c) Mrs. Lammle.
(d) Georgiana Podsnap.
3. What do the Boffins show their visitor related to John Harmon?
(a) His letters and books.
(b) His savings and accounts.
(c) His clothes and toys.
(d) The room kept for him.
4. What happens to Rokesmith at Rogue's residence?
(a) He falls asleep and wakes up to find himself stranded on an island.
(b) He is drugged, knocked out and thrown into the water.
(c) He is kidnapped by pirates and thrown into a bucket of spuds.
(d) He gets into a bloody brawl leaving with a black eye.
5. What was John Rokesmith afraid of becoming that made him take on a different persona?
(a) A sailor.
(c) Like his father.
(d) An accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rokesmith supposed to marry?
2. Who comes to the Boffins' house to teach Mr. Boffin how to read?
3. What does Bella yell at Mr. Boffin in Book 3, Chapter 15?
4. Who has been helping out at the Bower along with Silas in Book 3, Chapter 14?
5. What assumption is made about Rokesmith concerning his affection for Bella in Book 3, Chapter 15?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)