Book One, The Cup and The Lip; Chapter 1, On the Look Out; Chapter 2, The Man From Somewhere; Chapter 3, Another Man; and Chapter 4, The R. Wilfer Family
1. What is Jessie Hexam also known as?
2. Who is Jessie traveling with on the Thames River?
(a) His business partner.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
3. What does Jessie pull out of the water?
(a) A toy.
(d) A buoy.
4. Near what bridge does Jessie and his companion pass?
5. What does Jessie say has given his livelihood?
(a) The town.
(b) The bank manager.
(c) His father.
(d) The river.
6. Who are the Veneerings friends with?
(a) Melvin Twemlow.
(b) Mortimer Lightwood.
(c) Jessie Hexam.
(d) Lizzie Hexam.
7. What social event do the Veneerings host at their home?
(a) A luncheon.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A theater performance.
(d) A movie night.
8. What is the name of the Veneering's lawyer?
(a) Mortimer Lightwood.
(b) Jessie Hexam.
(c) Lizzie Hexam.
(d) Melvin Twemlow.
9. What does the lawyer talk about?
(a) A rich son and his inheritance.
(b) A lawsuit by the poor.
(c) A court injunction against his son.
(d) A divorce from his wife.
This section contains 3,735 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)