Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold want from Segura?
2. The previous morning, the Ambassador was visited by:
3. Wormold, sensing Carter doesn't want to leave the hotel, finds that Carter is waiting for:
4. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
5. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
Essay Topic 1
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wormold's actions from the viewpoint of morality and ethics? Does the fact that he wanted a better life for his daughter affect your answer? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
There are some humorous scenes in the book, like the giant vacuum cleaner. In some ways, the whole deception of Wormold's is humorous. When you think of your overall impression of the book, does the word humorous come to mind? Why or why not? Explain.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)