|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
2. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
3. What lent credibility to the drawing submitted by Wormold, according to Hawthorne, was the other sales plans to:
4. On the day of the European Traders' Association, Wormold is too nervous to:
5. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
Essay Topic 2
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wormold's actions from the viewpoint of morality and ethics? Does the fact that he wanted a better life for his daughter affect your answer? If so, how?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)