|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Segura asks Wormold to accompany him to the:
2. Why does Beatrice insist they go to the Shanghai Theater?
3. When Wormold returns to Segura, Segura is:
4. Who summons Wormold to a meeting?
5. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
Short Essay Questions
1. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
2. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
3. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
4. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
5. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
6. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
7. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
8. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
9. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
10. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why were the British interested in Cuba? What was occurring at the time that was of interest to them? Why would Hawthorne select someone one like Wormold?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion of the novel? Does it seem probable to you? Would you recommend the book to others? Why or why not?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)