|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Captain Segura arrives, Wormold tells him that:
2. When Wormold enters the dining room, he:
3. When Wormold is in Jamaica, he is worried that:
4. Wormold meets with the Ambassador at:
5. Who does Wormold want to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
2. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
3. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
4. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
5. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
6. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
7. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
8. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
9. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
10. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
Essay Topic 2
Hasselbacher was Wormold's best friend and in some ways one of the most tragic figures in the novel. Discuss Hasselbacher's role. Do you think the was really trapped as he claimed? Why was he killed?
Essay Topic 3
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)