|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Captain Segura arrives, Wormold tells him that:
2. Who broke the book code?
3. The Chief is talking to the Permanent Under-Secretary about:
4. Segura accuses Wormold of:
5. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
2. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
3. What did they want from Raul?
4. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
5. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
6. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
7. What are Wormold's plans?
8. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
9. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
10. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 2
Who was the "they" and "them" that Hasselbacher talked about and the "other side" that Hawthorne referred to? Why did they want Wormold dead? Why did they kill Hasselbacher?
Essay Topic 3
Hawthorne recruits Wormold for intelligence work. Explain how. How did Hawthorne know that Wormold wouldn't refuse? What did Wormold's financial situation have to do with his recruitment?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)