|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to Milly, Wormold tells Segura that:
2. What does a man named MacDougal offer Wormold?
3. When Captain Segura arrives, Wormold tells him that:
4. Who does Wormold want to kill?
5. How does Wormold have Segura classified with the British?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
2. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
3. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
4. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
5. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
6. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
7. What did they want from Raul?
8. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
9. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
10. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Wormold was creative in his handling of the intelligence reports? Why didn't the experts catch the sketches of the vacuum cleaner parts? Do you think that this kind of situation could really happen?
Essay Topic 2
Is there a hero in the novel? If so, who? Would you consider the Chief or Captain Segura heroes? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Who was the "they" and "them" that Hasselbacher talked about and the "other side" that Hawthorne referred to? Why did they want Wormold dead? Why did they kill Hasselbacher?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)