|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold says that he wants:
2. Who broke the book code?
3. What does Hasselbacher do that is out of character for him?
4. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
5. What does Segura say about the search and ransacking of Hasselbacher's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
2. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
3. Why does Beatrice say she came to the Havana Club?
4. What does Beatrice advise Wormold to tell his agents?
5. What are Wormold's plans?
6. What did they want from Raul?
7. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
8. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
9. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
10. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Wormold met with Hawthorne, he didn't ask any questions. Do you think Wormold understood what was expected of him? Did the money influence Wormold?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wormold's actions from the viewpoint of morality and ethics? Does the fact that he wanted a better life for his daughter affect your answer? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold was motivated by greed. He accepted the job from Hawthorne for the money so he could give Milly the things that she wanted. Do you blame Wormold for this? Do you think he should have learned to say no to Milly and others?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)