|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold and Captain Segura meet at the:
2. What does Captain Segura suspect Wormold of being involved in:
3. Segura tells Wormold that Carter:
4. When Wormold returns to Segura, Segura is:
5. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
2. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
3. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
4. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
5. What did they want from Raul?
6. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
7. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
8. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
9. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
10. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
Essay Topic 2
There are some humorous scenes in the book, like the giant vacuum cleaner. In some ways, the whole deception of Wormold's is humorous. When you think of your overall impression of the book, does the word humorous come to mind? Why or why not? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wormold's actions from the viewpoint of morality and ethics? Does the fact that he wanted a better life for his daughter affect your answer? If so, how?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)