|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawthorne say of the sketches Wormold provided?
2. What lent credibility to the drawing submitted by Wormold, according to Hawthorne, was the other sales plans to:
3. Wormold meets with the Ambassador at:
4. Wormold feels that if he attends the banquet and they find out who the assassin is, that he will:
5. Who was shot at, supposedly by accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
2. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
3. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
4. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
5. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
6. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
7. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
8. What are Wormold's plans?
9. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
10. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 2
Hawthorne recruits Wormold for intelligence work. Explain how. How did Hawthorne know that Wormold wouldn't refuse? What did Wormold's financial situation have to do with his recruitment?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold was motivated by greed. He accepted the job from Hawthorne for the money so he could give Milly the things that she wanted. Do you blame Wormold for this? Do you think he should have learned to say no to Milly and others?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)