|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they play the checkers game:
2. The police take Wormold to:
3. When Wormold walks away from Professor Sanchez's house, who is waiting for him?
4. Regarding Wormold's agents, Beatrice advises that:
5. What does Wormold learn from Captain Segura?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
2. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
3. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
4. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
5. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
6. What did they want from Raul?
7. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
8. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
9. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
10. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion of the novel? Does it seem probable to you? Would you recommend the book to others? Why or why not?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)