|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they play the checkers game:
2. Captain Segura plans to blame the death on:
3. Wormold enters Hasselbacher's apartment by:
4. Segura threatens to:
5. Wormold tells Hasselbacher to go home and that he:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
2. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
3. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
4. What does Beatrice advise Wormold to tell his agents?
5. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
6. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
7. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
8. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
9. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
10. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold used Segura's gun to kill Carter. When Segura gave Wormold a going away gift of a miniature whiskey bottle and a bullet, what was he telling Wormold? Do you think he was telling Wormold not to return to Cuba?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Wormold was creative in his handling of the intelligence reports? Why didn't the experts catch the sketches of the vacuum cleaner parts? Do you think that this kind of situation could really happen?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold was motivated by greed. He accepted the job from Hawthorne for the money so he could give Milly the things that she wanted. Do you blame Wormold for this? Do you think he should have learned to say no to Milly and others?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)