|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wormold, who is responsible for the deaths of Raul, Hasselbacher and the dog?
2. Captain Segura asks Wormold to formally identify the body of:
3. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
4. Wormold and Captain Segura meet at the:
5. What does Hawthorne say of the sketches Wormold provided?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold more or less stumbles into intelligence work not knowing what was expected of him or that it could be dangerous. At what point does he begin to realize the dangers? What precautions does he take? Does Beatrice have anything to do with it?
Essay Topic 2
Hawthorne apparently checked out Wormold before recruiting him, but when discussing him with his Chief, he said he was uncertain about Wormold. In what way does Hawthorne press the responsibility to his Chief? In what way does Hawthorne pass the responsibility to her Chief? Do you think he had to know his Chief rather well in order to do this?
Essay Topic 3
There are some humorous scenes in the book, like the giant vacuum cleaner. In some ways, the whole deception of Wormold's is humorous. When you think of your overall impression of the book, does the word humorous come to mind? Why or why not? Explain.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)