|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold want from Segura?
2. The previous morning, the Ambassador was visited by:
3. Wormold, sensing Carter doesn't want to leave the hotel, finds that Carter is waiting for:
4. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
5. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
Essay Topic 1
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
London is so impressed with Wormold's information that they send him a secretary and radio operator. How does this interfere with Wormold's plans? How does he adapt his work routine? What problems did they have?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold insisted on attending the European's Traders' Association luncheon because he wanted to find the killer. Do you think this was a wise move? What did he want to prove? Why didn't he skip the luncheon?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)