|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold enters Hasselbacher's apartment by:
2. What does a man named MacDougal offer Wormold?
3. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
4. What did Hasselbacher say would have happened if he didn't help 'them'?
5. Wormold says that he wants:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
2. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
3. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
4. Why does Beatrice say she came to the Havana Club?
5. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
6. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
7. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
8. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
9. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
10. What are Wormold's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Wormold met with Hawthorne, he didn't ask any questions. Do you think Wormold understood what was expected of him? Did the money influence Wormold?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold used Segura's gun to kill Carter. When Segura gave Wormold a going away gift of a miniature whiskey bottle and a bullet, what was he telling Wormold? Do you think he was telling Wormold not to return to Cuba?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)