|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold returns to Segura, Segura is:
2. Several times Wormold considers:
3. When Wormold is served his plate at the luncheon, he:
4. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
5. Captain Segura asks Wormold to accompany him to the:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
2. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
3. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
4. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
5. What are Wormold's plans?
6. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
7. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
8. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
9. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
10. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a hero in the novel? If so, who? Would you consider the Chief or Captain Segura heroes? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold more or less stumbles into intelligence work not knowing what was expected of him or that it could be dangerous. At what point does he begin to realize the dangers? What precautions does he take? Does Beatrice have anything to do with it?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)