|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Segura tells Wormold that Carter:
2. What did Wormold do about the list of agent names?
3. Segura threatens to:
4. Wormold says all but the following about Carter:
5. Who summons Wormold to a meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Wormold's plans?
2. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
3. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
4. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
5. What did they want from Raul?
6. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
7. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
8. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
9. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
10. Why does Beatrice say she came to the Havana Club?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hasselbacher was Wormold's best friend and in some ways one of the most tragic figures in the novel. Discuss Hasselbacher's role. Do you think the was really trapped as he claimed? Why was he killed?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Wormold was creative in his handling of the intelligence reports? Why didn't the experts catch the sketches of the vacuum cleaner parts? Do you think that this kind of situation could really happen?
Essay Topic 3
When Wormold met with Hawthorne, he didn't ask any questions. Do you think Wormold understood what was expected of him? Did the money influence Wormold?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)