|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as he is being announced to speak, he notices that:
2. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
3. The police take Wormold to:
4. Wormold receives a cable from Hawthorne saying that he is to report to:
5. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
2. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
3. Why does Beatrice say she came to the Havana Club?
4. What did they want from Raul?
5. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
6. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
7. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
8. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
9. What does Beatrice advise Wormold to tell his agents?
10. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 2
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)