|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Segura tells Wormold that Carter:
2. Captain Segura raises all but the following issues:
3. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
4. When Wormold enters the dining room, he:
5. What does a man named MacDougal offer Wormold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did they want from Raul?
2. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
3. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
4. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
5. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
6. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
7. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
8. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
9. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
10. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold more or less stumbles into intelligence work not knowing what was expected of him or that it could be dangerous. At what point does he begin to realize the dangers? What precautions does he take? Does Beatrice have anything to do with it?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Wormold was creative in his handling of the intelligence reports? Why didn't the experts catch the sketches of the vacuum cleaner parts? Do you think that this kind of situation could really happen?
Essay Topic 3
What is your opinion of the novel? Does it seem probable to you? Would you recommend the book to others? Why or why not?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)