Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold want from Segura?
2. The previous morning, the Ambassador was visited by:
3. Wormold, sensing Carter doesn't want to leave the hotel, finds that Carter is waiting for:
4. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
5. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
Essay Topic 1
Hasselbacher was Wormold's best friend and in some ways one of the most tragic figures in the novel. Discuss Hasselbacher's role. Do you think the was really trapped as he claimed? Why was he killed?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Wormold was creative in his handling of the intelligence reports? Why didn't the experts catch the sketches of the vacuum cleaner parts? Do you think that this kind of situation could really happen?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)