|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
2. The advice of the Ambassador is that Wormold should:
3. Segura threatens to:
4. When Wormold arrives at the Nacional for the luncheon, who is waiting for him in the lobby?
5. Segura ties his marrying Milly to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
2. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
3. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
4. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
5. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
6. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
7. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
8. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
9. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
10. What are Wormold's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion of the novel? Does it seem probable to you? Would you recommend the book to others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
Essay Topic 3
London is so impressed with Wormold's information that they send him a secretary and radio operator. How does this interfere with Wormold's plans? How does he adapt his work routine? What problems did they have?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)