|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Ambassador:
2. Throughout the meeting with Segura, Wormold maintains that:
3. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
4. When Wormold enters the dining room, he:
5. What does a man named MacDougal offer Wormold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
2. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
3. What are Wormold's plans?
4. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
5. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
6. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
7. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
8. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
9. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
10. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
Essay Topic 2
There are some humorous scenes in the book, like the giant vacuum cleaner. In some ways, the whole deception of Wormold's is humorous. When you think of your overall impression of the book, does the word humorous come to mind? Why or why not? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Is there a hero in the novel? If so, who? Would you consider the Chief or Captain Segura heroes? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)