|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Wormold want to kill?
2. Wormold receives a cable from Hawthorne saying that he is to report to:
3. The police take Wormold to:
4. The previous morning, the Ambassador was visited by:
5. Captain Segura raises all but the following issues:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
2. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
3. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
4. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
5. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
6. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
7. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
8. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
9. What are Wormold's plans?
10. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold used Segura's gun to kill Carter. When Segura gave Wormold a going away gift of a miniature whiskey bottle and a bullet, what was he telling Wormold? Do you think he was telling Wormold not to return to Cuba?
Essay Topic 2
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)