|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
2. Why does Wormold worry?
3. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
4. What does Wormold collect?
5. Wormold writes to his sister and sends his nephew:
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
2. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
3. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
4. What happens when Wormold returns to England?
5. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
6. What does Wormold find when he talks to the Chief?
7. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
8. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
9. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
10. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
Essay Topic 1
Hawthorne recruits Wormold for intelligence work. Explain how. How did Hawthorne know that Wormold wouldn't refuse? What did Wormold's financial situation have to do with his recruitment?
Essay Topic 2
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There are some humorous scenes in the book, like the giant vacuum cleaner. In some ways, the whole deception of Wormold's is humorous. When you think of your overall impression of the book, does the word humorous come to mind? Why or why not? Explain.
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)