|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief want?
2. Who pays for the Wormold country club membership?
3. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
4. Wormold invents his sub-agents by:
5. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
2. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
3. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
4. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
5. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
6. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
7. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
8. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
10. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hawthorne recruits Wormold for intelligence work. Explain how. How did Hawthorne know that Wormold wouldn't refuse? What did Wormold's financial situation have to do with his recruitment?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Wormold's actions from the viewpoint of morality and ethics? Does the fact that he wanted a better life for his daughter affect your answer? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
When Wormold met with Hawthorne, he didn't ask any questions. Do you think Wormold understood what was expected of him? Did the money influence Wormold?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)