|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
3. Wormold goes with Hasselbacher to key:
4. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
5. The cable Wormold received came from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
2. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
3. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
4. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
5. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
6. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
7. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
8. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
9. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
10. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Wormold used Segura's gun to kill Carter. When Segura gave Wormold a going away gift of a miniature whiskey bottle and a bullet, what was he telling Wormold? Do you think he was telling Wormold not to return to Cuba?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold was motivated by greed. He accepted the job from Hawthorne for the money so he could give Milly the things that she wanted. Do you blame Wormold for this? Do you think he should have learned to say no to Milly and others?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)