Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
4. What does the Chief want?
5. What does Wormold collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
5. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
6. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
7. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
8. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
10. While waiting to see the Chief, what impressions does Wormold receive from Hawthorne and Beatrice?
Essay Topic 1
Wormold used Segura's gun to kill Carter. When Segura gave Wormold a going away gift of a miniature whiskey bottle and a bullet, what was he telling Wormold? Do you think he was telling Wormold not to return to Cuba?
Essay Topic 2
Hasselbacher was Wormold's best friend and in some ways one of the most tragic figures in the novel. Discuss Hasselbacher's role. Do you think the was really trapped as he claimed? Why was he killed?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)