Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
4. What does the Chief want?
5. What does Wormold collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
5. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
6. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
7. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
8. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
10. While waiting to see the Chief, what impressions does Wormold receive from Hawthorne and Beatrice?
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Wormold is opposed to Captain Segura from the first time he hears about him because of his friendship with Milly. Throughout most of the book, they appear as adversaries. In the overall context of the novel, was Segura helping Wormold or was he hurting him? Does your answer change when you consider that Segura knew of a the trouble that Wormold was in?
Wormold was motivated by greed. He accepted the job from Hawthorne for the money so he could give Milly the things that she wanted. Do you blame Wormold for this? Do you think he should have learned to say no to Milly and others?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)