|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold enters the Sloppy Joe bar, what does he see?
2. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
3. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
4. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
5. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
2. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
3. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
4. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
5. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
6. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
7. What are Wormold's plans?
8. While waiting to see the Chief, what impressions does Wormold receive from Hawthorne and Beatrice?
9. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
10. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
Essay Topic 1
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Wormold met with Hawthorne, he didn't ask any questions. Do you think Wormold understood what was expected of him? Did the money influence Wormold?
Essay Topic 3
Hawthorne recruits Wormold for intelligence work. Explain how. How did Hawthorne know that Wormold wouldn't refuse? What did Wormold's financial situation have to do with his recruitment?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)