Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
4. What does the Chief want?
5. What does Wormold collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
5. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
6. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
7. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
8. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
10. While waiting to see the Chief, what impressions does Wormold receive from Hawthorne and Beatrice?
Essay Topic 1
Who was the "they" and "them" that Hasselbacher talked about and the "other side" that Hawthorne referred to? Why did they want Wormold dead? Why did they kill Hasselbacher?
Essay Topic 2
Does the book have a happy ending? Yes or no? Explain your position. How else could it have ended? Is the ending realistic from your point of view? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)