|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold asks Lopez if he wants to earn a little extra money, Lopez thinks:
2. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
3. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
4. Beatrice tells Wormold that London's impression of him is that he is:
5. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
2. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
3. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
4. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
5. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
6. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
7. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
8. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
9. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
10. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wormold used Segura's gun to kill Carter. When Segura gave Wormold a going away gift of a miniature whiskey bottle and a bullet, what was he telling Wormold? Do you think he was telling Wormold not to return to Cuba?
Essay Topic 2
Hawthorne apparently checked out Wormold before recruiting him, but when discussing him with his Chief, he said he was uncertain about Wormold. In what way does Hawthorne press the responsibility to his Chief? In what way does Hawthorne pass the responsibility to her Chief? Do you think he had to know his Chief rather well in order to do this?
Essay Topic 3
Wormold insisted on attending the European's Traders' Association luncheon because he wanted to find the killer. Do you think this was a wise move? What did he want to prove? Why didn't he skip the luncheon?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)