Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
4. What does the Chief want?
5. What does Wormold collect?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
5. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
6. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
7. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
8. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
10. While waiting to see the Chief, what impressions does Wormold receive from Hawthorne and Beatrice?
Essay Topic 1
Who was the "they" and "them" that Hasselbacher talked about and the "other side" that Hawthorne referred to? Why did they want Wormold dead? Why did they kill Hasselbacher?
Essay Topic 2
Wormold insisted on attending the European's Traders' Association luncheon because he wanted to find the killer. Do you think this was a wise move? What did he want to prove? Why didn't he skip the luncheon?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Wormold's actions from the viewpoint of morality and ethics? Does the fact that he wanted a better life for his daughter affect your answer? If so, how?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)