|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold goes with Hasselbacher to key:
2. What do Wormold and Hasselbacher do every morning?
3. Why does Wormold worry?
4. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
5. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
2. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
3. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
4. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
5. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
6. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
7. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
8. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
9. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
10. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is your opinion of the novel? Does it seem probable to you? Would you recommend the book to others? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 3
Who was the "they" and "them" that Hasselbacher talked about and the "other side" that Hawthorne referred to? Why did they want Wormold dead? Why did they kill Hasselbacher?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)