|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold finds that Milly wants to:
2. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
4. Where is Wormold planning to take Milly for her birthday:
5. Milly is the:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
2. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
3. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
4. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
5. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
6. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
7. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
8. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
9. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
10. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are some humorous scenes in the book, like the giant vacuum cleaner. In some ways, the whole deception of Wormold's is humorous. When you think of your overall impression of the book, does the word humorous come to mind? Why or why not? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why were the British interested in Cuba? What was occurring at the time that was of interest to them? Why would Hawthorne select someone one like Wormold?
Essay Topic 3
London is so impressed with Wormold's information that they send him a secretary and radio operator. How does this interfere with Wormold's plans? How does he adapt his work routine? What problems did they have?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)