|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
2. Dr. Hasselbacher is upset because:
3. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
4. Who does Wormold find is driving Milly home from school:
5. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
2. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
3. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
4. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
5. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
6. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
7. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
8. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
9. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
10. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Wormold met with Hawthorne, he didn't ask any questions. Do you think Wormold understood what was expected of him? Did the money influence Wormold?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Wormold was creative in his handling of the intelligence reports? Why didn't the experts catch the sketches of the vacuum cleaner parts? Do you think that this kind of situation could really happen?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the Chief's handling of the Havana situation? Do you think he did the right thing with the message that the constructions were a failure? What would have happened if he didn't devise this plan?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)