|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding his trip, Wormold tells Hawthorne that the purpose is to:
2. In regard to providing information for money, Hasselbacher advises Wormold to:
3. What does Wormold collect?
4. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
5. When Wormold asks Lopez if he wants to earn a little extra money, Lopez thinks:
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
2. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
3. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
4. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
5. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
6. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
7. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
8. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
9. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
10. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a hero in the novel? If so, who? Would you consider the Chief or Captain Segura heroes? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Did Captain Segura really want to marry Milly? Yes or no? Was he using Milly to reach Wormold? Segura didn't seem very interested in talking to Milly at the airport. How does this affect your view?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the British interested in Cuba? What was occurring at the time that was of interest to them? Why would Hawthorne select someone one like Wormold?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)