|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Beatrice see walking by the office?
(b) the police
(c) a strange man
(d) Jim, the Negro with the limp
2. Captain Segura asks Wormold to accompany him to the:
(a) Wonder Bar
(b) Havana Club
(d) Shanghai Club
3. Wormold, sensing Carter doesn't want to leave the hotel, finds that Carter is waiting for:
(a) a call girl
(b) a phone call from Dr. Braun
(c) no one
(d) Braun to arrive at his room
4. Just as he is being announced to speak, he notices that:
(a) he has forgotten his speech
(b) he doesn't feel well
(c) the head waiter is watching him
(d) the man named Carter has a stammering aspirate just as the man on Segura's tape did
5. What does a man named MacDougal offer Wormold?
(a) advice on public speaking
(b) his seat at a table
(c) his business card
(d) a shot from his flash
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold is served his plate at the luncheon, he:
2. According to the Ambassador:
3. Wormold and Captain Segura meet at the:
4. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
5. Segura accuses Wormold of:
Short Essay Questions
1. When Wormold returns to his home, what does he tell Beatrice?
2. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
3. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
4. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
5. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
6. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
7. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
8. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
9. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
10. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)