|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
(a) they don't speak
(b) Wormold confesses that he made it all up
(c) Wormold refuses to discuss the situation
(d) Beatrice asks a lot of questions
2. Captain Segura asks Wormold to accompany him to the:
(a) Shanghai Club
(c) Wonder Bar
(d) Havana Club
3. When Wormold enters the dining room, he:
(a) refuses every drink that is offered
(b) asks for a Coke
(c) doesn't drink his usual drink
(d) asks for water
4. Wormold tells Hasselbacher to go home and that he:
(a) will call as soon as he leaves the dining room
(b) will eat nothing
(c) knows about the plot
(d) knows the story that circulated
5. Several times Wormold considers:
(a) telling Beatrice to mind her own business
(b) going home and letting the supposed agents fend for themselves
(c) telling Beatrice the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Segura give Wormold as a going away gift?
2. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
3. What did Wormold do with the micro photograph?
4. Throughout the meeting with Segura, Wormold maintains that:
5. What is the excitement that Milly talks about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
2. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
3. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
4. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
5. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
6. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
7. Why does Beatrice say she came to the Havana Club?
8. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
9. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
10. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)