|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hasselbacher obtain a copy of Lamb's Tales?
(a) he borrowed from the library
(b) from Milly
(c) From Rudy
(d) he bought a copy
2. What does Wormold want from Segura?
(a) an assurance to keep Beatrice out of it
(b) a list of names
(c) a ride home
(d) assurance he won't be implicated
3. Wormold says that he wants:
(a) Carter to take him to Dr. Braun
(b) Carter to confess
(c) to show Carter the Havana nightspots
(d) to kill Carter
4. According to the Ambassador:
(a) Hasselbacher was a spy
(b) Wormold is in trouble
(c) Wormold did a good job
(d) Braun is a spy
5. What did Hasselbacher say would have happened if he didn't help 'them'?
(a) he would be deported
(b) they would have him arrested
(c) they would kill Wormold
(d) they would kill him
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
2. Wormold says all but the following about Carter:
3. As they play the checkers game:
4. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
5. When Wormold returns to Segura, Segura is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Beatrice say she came to the Havana Club?
2. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
3. What are Wormold's plans?
4. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
5. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
6. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
7. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
8. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
9. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
10. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)