|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beatrice insist they go to the Shanghai Theater?
(a) to hide
(b) to talk
(c) to get out of the house
(d) to warn Teresa
2. Wormold says all but the following about Carter:
(a) a trained professional
(b) scared of women
(c) liked to watch the steamers on the river
(d) likes his pipe
3. The advice of the Ambassador is that Wormold should:
(a) go home to England
(b) avoid Captain Segura
(c) talk to Captain Segura
(d) meet with Hawthorne in Jamaica
4. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
(a) Segura will give Milly a good life
(b) Lopez is an informer
(c) it is time to leave Havana
(d) he wants to marry Betrice
5. Several times Wormold considers:
(a) telling Beatrice to mind her own business
(b) going home and letting the supposed agents fend for themselves
(c) telling Beatrice the truth
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Segura asks Wormold to accompany him to the:
2. The plate with no carrots which was served to Wormold is passed down the table when the:
3. According to the Ambassador:
4. What is the excitement that Milly talks about?
5. The Chief uses all of the following terms to describe Hasselbacher:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
2. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
3. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
4. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
5. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
6. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
7. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher from Captain Segura?
8. What are Wormold's plans?
9. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
10. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)