|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beatrice tells Wormold that London:
(a) wouldn't want him to risk attending the banquet
(b) has people at the banquet
(c) wants the assassin found
(d) ordered him to attend at all costs
2. Wormold enters Hasselbacher's apartment by:
(a) the window
(b) he knocks on the door
(c) he meets him in the lobby
(d) he calls from the lobby
3. When Wormold is in Jamaica, he is worried that:
(a) he will be arrested on British soil
(b) he will be called to London
(c) he will have to pay back the money
(d) he will be fired
4. When Wormold returns to Segura, Segura is:
(a) still unconscious
(b) demanding to see Milly
(c) waiting for him
5. Just as he is being announced to speak, he notices that:
(a) the man named Carter has a stammering aspirate just as the man on Segura's tape did
(b) he has forgotten his speech
(c) the head waiter is watching him
(d) he doesn't feel well
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold and Captain Segura meet at the:
2. Regarding Wormold's agents, Beatrice advises that:
3. What do Professor Sanchez and his girlfriend think when Wormold appears to warn them?
4. What does Wormold want from Segura?
5. Several times Wormold considers:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
2. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
3. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
4. Why does the British Ambassador summon Wormold?
5. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
6. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
7. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
8. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
9. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
10. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)