|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hasselbacher say would have happened if he didn't help 'them'?
(a) they would kill Wormold
(b) he would be deported
(c) they would kill him
(d) they would have him arrested
2. Hasselbacher tells Wormold not to go into the dining room because:
(a) they plan to demand his resignation
(b) he is a poor speaker
(c) they play to heckle him
(d) they plan to poison him
3. What does Wormold learn from Captain Segura?
(a) Beatrice is a phoney
(b) Hasselbacher's phone is tapped
(c) Raul is dead
(d) Professor Sanchez isn't married
4. The plate with no carrots which was served to Wormold is passed down the table when the:
(a) head waiter seizes it
(b) waiters begin to laugh
(c) meal is eaten by Dr. Braun
(d) waiters ignore it
5. When Wormold walks away from Professor Sanchez's house, who is waiting for him?
(a) the police
(c) Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) a man named Raul
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beatrice see walking by the office?
2. As they play the checkers game:
3. Who broke the book code?
4. Wormold says that he wants:
5. Wormold meets with the Ambassador at:
Short Essay Questions
1. Wormold is served a plate without carrots. What does he do?
2. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
3. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
4. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
5. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
6. What did they want from Raul?
7. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
8. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
9. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
10. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)