|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Segura asks:
(a) that Wormold send Beatrice home
(b) Wormold to leave the country
(c) to marry Milly
(d) Wormold to help set up Dr. Hasselbacher
2. In regards to Milly, Wormold tells Segura that:
(a) he does not approve
(b) Segura should stay away from Milly
(c) he approves of the match
(d) he can talk to her about the subject of marriage
3. Wormold says all but the following about Carter:
(a) a trained professional
(b) likes his pipe
(c) liked to watch the steamers on the river
(d) scared of women
4. Wormold receives a cable from Hawthorne saying that he is to report to:
(d) the British Virgin Island
5. When Wormold is served his plate at the luncheon, he:
(a) ignores it
(b) passes it down the table
(c) refuses it
(d) accepts it
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beatrice see walking by the office?
2. Wormold meets with the Ambassador at:
3. On the day of the European Traders' Association, Wormold is too nervous to:
4. How does Wormold find Hasselbacher?
5. When Wormold walks away from Professor Sanchez's house, who is waiting for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wormold feel he has to attend the luncheon?
2. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
3. What does Segura have that Wormold wants?
4. What does Hasselbacher tell Wormold about his involvement?
5. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
6. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
7. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
8. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
9. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
10. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)