|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wormold is in Jamaica, he is worried that:
(a) he will be arrested on British soil
(b) he will have to pay back the money
(c) he will be called to London
(d) he will be fired
2. When Wormold enters the dining room, he:
(a) refuses every drink that is offered
(b) asks for water
(c) doesn't drink his usual drink
(d) asks for a Coke
3. What do Professor Sanchez and his girlfriend think when Wormold appears to warn them?
(a) that it is a joke
(b) he is in no truble
(c) the police are looking forhim
(d) that the professor is in trouble with Senora Sanchez or Maria
4. Why does Beatrice insist they go to the Shanghai Theater?
(a) to talk
(b) to warn Teresa
(c) to hide
(d) to get out of the house
5. Wormold feels that if he attends the banquet and they find out who the assassin is, that he will:
(a) appear as a hero to Milly
(b) have earned his money
(c) impress London
(d) be able to sleep at night
Short Answer Questions
1. Segura threatens to:
2. The police take Wormold to:
3. What did Hasselbacher say would have happened if he didn't help 'them'?
4. What does Hasselbacher do that is out of character for him?
5. When Wormold is describing the shooting to Beatrice, he tells her:
Short Essay Questions
1. What, does Wormold learn, gives him credibility in Hawthorne's eyes?
2. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
3. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
4. As they sit down to play, what does Wormold ask Segura to do?
5. What does Beatrice remember seeing in Hasselbacher's apartment?
6. What information does Wormold learn from Carter?
7. Why does Wormold go to see Hasselbacher after leaving Beatrice?
8. How does Wormold obtain the list of names from Captain Segura?
9. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
10. What does the Chief discuss during his dinner with the Permanent Under-Secretary?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)