|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
(a) he has an overdraft of fifty dollars
(b) his deposit didn't go through
(c) he is refused for a loan
(d) the bank refuses to do business with him
2. When Wormold is in Santa Cruz:
(a) he buys a diamond necklace for Milly
(b) he sells a vacuum cleaner
(c) his car breaks down
(d) he recruits an agent
3. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
(a) a steady flow of dividends
(c) retiring to England with Milly
(d) Milly safely married
(a) attends a convent school
(b) is Dr. Hasselbacher's assistant
(c) is a nun
(d) works at the consulate
5. In a cable to Hawthorne, Wormold tells of:
(a) a big military installation being built in Oreinte Province
(b) strange man asking questions about Hawthorne
(c) Lopez demanding large amounts of money
(d) what happened to Hasselbacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
2. The police:
3. Wormold invents his sub-agents by:
4. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
5. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
2. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
3. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
4. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
5. How does Wormold get the British to pay for his yearly trip to visit retailers?
6. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
7. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
8. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
9. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
10. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)