|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
(a) works at the consulate
(b) is Dr. Hasselbacher's assistant
(c) attends a convent school
(d) is a nun
2. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
(a) he will drop by the store later
(b) he has narrowed it down to two
(c) he tells him to have a Scotch
(d) he hasn't yet decided
3. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
(a) they want him to talk with the security staff
(b) they don't want to know anything about his activities
(c) they want to question him
(d) they are waiting for a full report
4. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
(a) so he doesn't have to listen to Wormold
(b) to see if it is clean
(c) to confuse a mike
(d) to wash his hands
5. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
(b) a love letter to Captain Segura
(c) a list of Country Club members
(d) receipts for her shopping
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
2. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
3. Wormold finds that Milly wants to:
4. The woman introduces herself to Wormold as:
5. The Englishman tells Wormold to meet him:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
2. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
3. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
4. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
5. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
6. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
7. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
8. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
9. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
10. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)