|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hawthorne is known as:
(d) the attache
2. Wormold makes a yearly trip outside of Havana to:
(a) visit friends
(c) get Milly out of the city
(d) visit retailers
3. A cable from London tells Wormold:
(a) to try to recruit Captain Segura
(b) to minimize contacts with Hasselbacher
(c) to use Milly as a courier
(d) to try to recruit Hasselbacher
4. In regard to providing information for money, Hasselbacher advises Wormold to:
(a) hire someone to obtain it
(c) make up the information
(d) ask at thegovernment offices
5. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
(a) to wash his hands
(b) to confuse a mike
(c) to see if it is clean
(d) so he doesn't have to listen to Wormold
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police find Wormold's postcard to Hasselbacher, Wormold tells them that Hasselbacher is:
2. How long is Wormold in Santiago?
3. Oriente Province, which he visits is:
4. What task does Wormold refuse to do:
5. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
2. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
3. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
4. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
5. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
6. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
7. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
8. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
9. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
10. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)