|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
(a) the Atomic Pile vacuum cleaner parts
(b) his office fan parts
(c) an airplane engine
(d) a carbuerator
2. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
(a) Captain Segura
(b) the police
(c) Rudy, the radio operator
(d) Dr. Hasselbacher
3. Who does Wormold find is driving Milly home from school:
(a) Mother Superior
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
(c) Captain Segura
(d) her boyfriend
4. Dr. Hasselbacher and Mr. Wormold are talking in:
(a) the Wonder Bar
(b) the Consulate
(c) the park
(d) Dr. Hasselbacher's office
5. Wormold goes with Hasselbacher to key:
(b) lottery tickets
(c) the newspaper
(d) theater tickets
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
2. On the trip, Wormold:
3. Dr. Hasselbacher is upset because:
4. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
5. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
2. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
3. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
4. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
5. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
6. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
7. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
8. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
9. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
10. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)