|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) recruit new agents
(b) handle communications with the sub-agents
(c) serve as a courier
(d) keep Hasselbacher away
2. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
(a) his office fan parts
(b) a carbuerator
(c) an airplane engine
(d) the Atomic Pile vacuum cleaner parts
3. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
(a) to confuse a mike
(b) to see if it is clean
(c) to wash his hands
(d) so he doesn't have to listen to Wormold
4. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
(a) for communications in code
(b) good reading
(c) to enlighten Wormold
(d) Hawthorne purchased duplicates by accident
5. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
(a) the police
(b) Rudy, the radio operator
(c) Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) Captain Segura
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold learns that the Red Vulture is:
2. What does the Chief want?
3. Dr. Hasselbacher is upset because:
4. Who does Wormold find is driving Milly home from school:
5. Wormold tells Hasselbacher that he was offered money:
Short Essay Questions
1. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
2. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
3. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
4. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
5. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
6. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
7. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
8. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
9. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
10. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)