|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) recruit new agents
(b) keep Hasselbacher away
(c) serve as a courier
(d) handle communications with the sub-agents
2. Who does Wormold find is driving Milly home from school:
(a) her boyfriend
(b) Mother Superior
(c) Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) Captain Segura
(a) attends a convent school
(b) is a nun
(c) is Dr. Hasselbacher's assistant
(d) works at the consulate
4. Who pays for the Wormold country club membership?
(a) Dr. Hasselbacher
(b) Captain Segura
(c) the British Secret Service
5. Wormold makes a yearly trip outside of Havana to:
(a) visit friends
(c) visit retailers
(d) get Milly out of the city
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding his trip, Wormold tells Hawthorne that the purpose is to:
2. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
3. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
4. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
5. In Havana, Wormold receives a panicky phone call from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
2. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
3. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
4. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
5. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
6. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
7. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
8. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
9. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
10. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)