|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief tell Hawthorne to look into arranging for Wormold?
(a) a new car
(b) a Spanish speaking secretary
(c) a loan
(d) a newoffice
2. Where is Wormold planning to take Milly for her birthday:
(a) on a cruise
(c) on a picnic
(d) to a nightclub
3. Regarding his trip, Wormold tells Hawthorne that the purpose is to:
(b) recouperate from an illness
(c) to check out information
(d) meet government officials
4. Why are there fewer tourists in Havana than usual?
(a) there are disturbances
(b) it is too expensive
(c) there is a ban on alcohol
(d) the weather is bad
5. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
(a) a playboy
(b) advantageously placed with good business contacts
(c) too expensive tastes for them
(d) theonly man he could find
Short Answer Questions
1. Hasselbacher had received a phone call:
2. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
3. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
4. What does the Chief want?
5. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
2. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
3. How does Wormold get the British to pay for his yearly trip to visit retailers?
4. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
5. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
6. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
7. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
8. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
9. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
10. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)