|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
(a) purchased a large combination safe
(b) read through Wormold's cables
(c) questioned Wormold about his contacts
(d) cleaned the office
2. What does the Englishman know about Wormold?
(a) he was botrn in Havana
(b) he was born in London
(c) he attended Cambridge
(d) he was born in Nice
3. The cable basically says that Hawthorne has:
(a) been replaced
(b) fired Wormold
(c) received no information from Wormold
(d) no further need for Wormold's services
4. Who pays for the Wormold country club membership?
(a) the British Secret Service
(b) Captain Segura
(d) Dr. Hasselbacher
5. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
(b) some papers that were thirty years old
(c) his passport
Short Answer Questions
1. The duenna is what Wormold's refers to that:
2. What do Wormold and Hasselbacher do every morning?
3. When Wormold enters the Sloppy Joe bar, what does he see?
4. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
5. Dr. Hasselbacher and Mr. Wormold are talking in:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
2. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
3. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
4. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
5. How does Wormold get the British to pay for his yearly trip to visit retailers?
6. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
7. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
8. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
9. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
10. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)