|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wormold finds the Englishman works for the:
(a) vacuum cleaner company
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) British Secret Service
2. Dr. Hasselbacher and Mr. Wormold are talking in:
(a) the Consulate
(b) the Wonder Bar
(c) Dr. Hasselbacher's office
(d) the park
3. Wormold tells Hasselbacher that he was offered money:
(a) to provide information
(b) to leave town
(c) for his business
(d) for women
4. Regarding his trip, Wormold tells Hawthorne that the purpose is to:
(a) recouperate from an illness
(c) meet government officials
(d) to check out information
5. Hawthorne is known as:
(a) the attache
Short Answer Questions
1. In Santiago, Wormold is:
2. The police:
3. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
4. The duenna is what Wormold's refers to that:
5. While they have a discussion at their table, a woman at the next table:
Short Essay Questions
1. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
4. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
5. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
6. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
7. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
8. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
9. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
10. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)