|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Havana, Wormold receives a panicky phone call from:
(c) Captain Segura
2. How long is Wormold in Santiago?
(a) two weeks
(b) five days
(c) three days
(d) one day
3. In regard to providing information for money, Hasselbacher advises Wormold to:
(a) hire someone to obtain it
(b) make up the information
(d) ask at thegovernment offices
4. What does the Chief want?
(a) a meeting with Wormold
(b) photographs of the machinery
(d) updated information
5. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
(a) good reading
(b) Hawthorne purchased duplicates by accident
(c) for communications in code
(d) to enlighten Wormold
Short Answer Questions
1. While they have a discussion at their table, a woman at the next table:
2. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
3. Wormold learns that the Red Vulture is:
4. When Wormold is in Santa Cruz:
5. What does the Englishman know about Wormold?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
2. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
3. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
4. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
5. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
6. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
7. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
8. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
9. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
10. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)