|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
(a) an airplane engine
(b) the Atomic Pile vacuum cleaner parts
(c) a carbuerator
(d) his office fan parts
2. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
(b) trained staff
(c) a gun
3. The cable Wormold received came from:
4. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
(a) his deposit didn't go through
(b) he has an overdraft of fifty dollars
(c) the bank refuses to do business with him
(d) he is refused for a loan
5. The duenna is what Wormold's refers to that:
(a) makes Milly a good Catholic
(b) is Milly's hired bodyguard
(c) is Milly's hired governess
(d) is a nun
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
2. In regard to providing information for money, Hasselbacher advises Wormold to:
3. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
4. Who joins their table at the outing for Milly?
5. Wormold finds that Milly wants to:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wormold worried about meeting Hawthorne in Kingston?
2. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
5. Why does Captain Segura discuss with Wormold?
6. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
7. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
8. What happens that evening at the hotel?
9. What does Wormold recognize in Carter?
10. What does Wormold do when Segura passes out?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)