|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
(a) trained staff
(c) a gun
2. When the police find Wormold's postcard to Hasselbacher, Wormold tells them that Hasselbacher is:
(a) a medical doctor
(b) a bar owner
(c) a woman named Emma
(d) an employee of Captain Segura
3. Hawthorne is known as:
(d) the attache
4. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
(a) high prices
(b) the market is glutted
(c) power outages
(d) high unemployment
5. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) serve as a courier
(b) recruit new agents
(c) keep Hasselbacher away
(d) handle communications with the sub-agents
Short Answer Questions
1. The police:
2. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
3. The duenna is what Wormold's refers to that:
4. In Santiago, Wormold is:
5. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
4. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
5. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
6. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
7. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
8. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
9. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
10. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)