|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oriente Province, which he visits is:
(a) a vacation resort
(b) the home of the rebels
(c) big market for vacuum cleaners
(d) new market for vacuum cleaners
2. On the trip, Wormold:
(a) meets with his sub-agents
(b) interviews people he could recruit
(c) decides to quite the Secret Service
(d) collects names to send to Hawthorne
3. Wormold writes to his sister and sends his nephew:
(a) lottery tickets
(c) Cuban stamp
(d) miniature whiskey bottles
4. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) he finds he is to late for the meeting
(b) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
(c) he is arrested by Captian Segura
(d) he is megged in the street
5. Wormold learns that the Red Vulture is:
(a) Captain Segura
(b) a drink
(c) a bar
(d) a rare exotic bird
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
2. While they have a discussion at their table, a woman at the next table:
3. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
4. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
5. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
2. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
3. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
4. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
5. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
6. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
7. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
8. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
9. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
10. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)