|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Englishman tells Wormold to meet him:
(a) at his apartment
(b) in the Gents
(c) at the WonderBar
(d) at his store
2. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
(a) they want to question him
(b) they want him to talk with the security staff
(c) they are waiting for a full report
(d) they don't want to know anything about his activities
3. The Englishman, whose name is Hawthorne, wants to:
(a) send Wormold home to England
(b) go to lunch
(c) recruit Wormold to work in an intelligence network
(d) close Wormold's vacuum cleaner business
4. For Milly's seventeenth birthday, Wormold takes Milly and Hasselbacher to the:
(b) Country Club
(d) Wonder Bar
5. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
(a) a list of Country Club members
(b) a love letter to Captain Segura
(c) receipts for her shopping
Short Answer Questions
1. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
2. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
3. Milly is the:
4. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
5. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Segura say of Hasselbacher's death?
2. Who sees Wormold and Milly off at the airport?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. Hasselbacher is sitting in the lobby when Wormold arrives. What does he say to Wormold?
5. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
6. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
7. How does Wormold have the checkers game in the memory of Dr. Hasselbacher?
8. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
9. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
10. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)