|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
(b) Captain Segura
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
(a) move to a house
(b) intoduce her to his agents
(c) give up the vacuum cleaner business
(d) move to a bigger office
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
(a) reminded him of a giant vacuum cleaner
(b) a new airplane
(c) a new bomb
(d) a missile
4. What does the Chief want?
(a) a meeting with Wormold
(c) updated information
(d) photographs of the machinery
5. What does Wormold collect?
(a) miniature whiskey bottles
(b) old newspaper
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
2. In a cable to Hawthorne, Wormold tells of:
3. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
4. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
5. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
2. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. While playing checkers with Wormold, Captain Segura questions him about his activities. How does Segura explain his position?
5. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
6. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
7. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
8. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Professor Sanchez call the police on Wormold?
10. While waiting to see the Chief, what impressions does Wormold receive from Hawthorne and Beatrice?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)