|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
(a) a cat and a nun
(b) a dog and a cat
(c) a wasp and a chicken
(d) two dogs
2. What does the Englishman know about Wormold?
(a) he attended Cambridge
(b) he was born in Nice
(c) he was born in London
(d) he was botrn in Havana
3. As the blind Negro walks, he:
(a) looks around
(c) counts the number of steps
(d) greets people
4. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
(a) London wnat Wormold to recruit Hasselbacher
(b) London doesn't like Hasselbacher
(c) Hasselbacher is a Russian agent
(d) he is not to have any contact with Hasselbacher
5. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
(b) a love letter to Captain Segura
(c) receipts for her shopping
(d) a list of Country Club members
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
2. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
3. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
4. Wormold finds the Englishman works for the:
5. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
2. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
3. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
4. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
5. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
6. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
7. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
8. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
9. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
10. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)