|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Havana, Wormold receives a panicky phone call from:
(a) Captain Segura
2. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
(a) he feels men like Hawthorne have done this to his friend
(b) he is worried that Lopez will report him
(c) he is worried about his own safety
(d) he is worried about Harthorne
(a) is Dr. Hasselbacher's assistant
(b) works at the consulate
(c) attends a convent school
(d) is a nun
4. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
(a) a cat and a nun
(b) two dogs
(c) a dog and a cat
(d) a wasp and a chicken
5. What does Wormold collect?
(c) old newspaper
(d) miniature whiskey bottles
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
2. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
3. What did Milly do at the age of thirteen when a boy pulled her hair?
4. Dr. Hasselbacher is upset because:
5. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
2. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
3. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
4. How does Wormold get the British to pay for his yearly trip to visit retailers?
5. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
6. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
7. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
8. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
9. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
10. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)