|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
(a) advantageously placed with good business contacts
(b) too expensive tastes for them
(c) theonly man he could find
(d) a playboy
2. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
(a) to send Milly to a Swiss finishing school
(b) to flee on
(c) to move to bigger parties
(d) to buy a new car
3. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
(a) the Americans haven't mentioned anything to theBritish
(b) the Secret Service is not interested in the drawings
(c) he wants documentation
(d) he says the information doesn't sound correct
4. As the blind Negro walks, he:
(a) counts the number of steps
(c) greets people
(d) looks around
5. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
(c) a gun
(d) trained staff
Short Answer Questions
1. On the trip, Wormold:
2. What task does Wormold refuse to do:
3. Wormold writes to his sister and sends his nephew:
4. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
5. The woman introduces herself to Wormold as:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
2. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
3. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
4. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
5. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
6. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
7. How does Hawthorne present Wormold to his Chief in London?
8. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
9. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
10. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)