|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
(a) an assistant medical writer
(b) a travel writer
(c) an imaginative writer
(d) a newpaper correspondent
2. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold decides that he should:
(a) pay back the money
(b) find someone to help him
(c) send some names for them to trace and recruit an agent
3. Why does Wormold worry?
(a) he has gambling debts
(b) he can't pay for the new inventory
(c) his business is failing
(d) his pension won't be enough to take Milly to England
4. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
(a) cleaned the office
(b) questioned Wormold about his contacts
(c) purchased a large combination safe
(d) read through Wormold's cables
5. Milly is the:
(a) the daughter of Hasselbacher
(b) the site of Wormold
(c) the fiance of Hasselbacher
(d) daughter of Wormold
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
2. Where is Wormold planning to take Milly for her birthday:
3. In regard to providing information for money, Hasselbacher advises Wormold to:
4. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
5. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
2. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
3. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
4. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
5. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
6. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
7. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
8. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
9. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
10. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)