|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
(b) some papers that were thirty years old
(d) his passport
2. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
(a) he is refused for a loan
(b) he has an overdraft of fifty dollars
(c) his deposit didn't go through
(d) the bank refuses to do business with him
3. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold finds that the Consulate:
(a) says Hawthorne has been fired
(b) doesn't like Hawthorne
(c) denies knowing any Mr. Hawthorne
(d) speaks highly of Hawthorne
4. Why does Wormold worry?
(a) his business is failing
(b) his pension won't be enough to take Milly to England
(c) he can't pay for the new inventory
(d) he has gambling debts
5. Who pays for the Wormold country club membership?
(a) Dr. Hasselbacher
(c) Captain Segura
(d) the British Secret Service
Short Answer Questions
1. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold decides that he should:
2. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
3. How does Wormold know which page, line and word of the book to use to decode the message?
4. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
5. The cable basically says that Hawthorne has:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
2. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
3. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
4. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
5. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
6. Wormold sends a list of three names who are his sub-agents. Where does he obtain the names from?
7. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
8. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
9. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
10. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)