|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the blind Negro walks, he:
(a) looks around
(b) greets people
(c) counts the number of steps
2. Hawthorne is known as:
(a) the attache
3. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
(a) a shopping spree
(b) a trip to England
(c) a horse
(d) a car
4. Oriente Province, which he visits is:
(a) a vacation resort
(b) the home of the rebels
(c) big market for vacuum cleaners
(d) new market for vacuum cleaners
5. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
(a) the door locked
(b) Lopez gone
(c) Milly behind thecounter
(d) a man asking questions about vacuum cleaners
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
2. Milly is the:
3. Why does Wormold worry?
4. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
5. The cable basically says that Hawthorne has:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wormold learn when he picks up his first cable at the Consulate?
2. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
3. What warning is contained in the cables from London?
4. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
5. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
6. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
7. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
8. How does Wormold get the British to pay for his yearly trip to visit retailers?
9. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
10. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)