|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Milly's seventeenth birthday, Wormold takes Milly and Hasselbacher to the:
(a) Country Club
(d) Wonder Bar
2. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
(a) they want him to talk with the security staff
(b) they don't want to know anything about his activities
(c) they want to question him
(d) they are waiting for a full report
3. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
(a) to move to bigger parties
(b) to buy a new car
(c) to flee on
(d) to send Milly to a Swiss finishing school
4. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
(a) a wasp and a chicken
(b) two dogs
(c) a dog and a cat
(d) a cat and a nun
5. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
(a) an assistant medical writer
(b) a travel writer
(c) a newpaper correspondent
(d) an imaginative writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
2. The cable basically says that Hawthorne has:
3. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
4. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
5. In Havana, Wormold receives a panicky phone call from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
2. Why does a nervous and excited Hasselbacher call Wormold and tell him to come over to his home?
3. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
4. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
5. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
6. Why is Wormold questioned by the police in Santiago?
7. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
8. What does Wormold do in response to his anger over what was done to Hasselbacher?
9. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
10. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)