|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for the Wormold country club membership?
(a) the British Secret Service
(c) Captain Segura
(d) Dr. Hasselbacher
2. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) some papers that were thirty years old
(c) his passport
3. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) he is arrested by Captian Segura
(b) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
(c) he is megged in the street
(d) he finds he is to late for the meeting
4. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
(a) the Americans haven't mentioned anything to theBritish
(b) he says the information doesn't sound correct
(c) he wants documentation
(d) the Secret Service is not interested in the drawings
5. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
(a) he is worried about Harthorne
(b) he is worried about his own safety
(c) he is worried that Lopez will report him
(d) he feels men like Hawthorne have done this to his friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wormold worry?
2. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
3. As the blind Negro walks, he:
4. On the trip, Wormold:
5. Wormold tells Hasselbacher that he was offered money:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
2. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
3. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
4. When Wormold writes to his sister, what does he tell her?
5. There is a scene at the Tropicana during Milly's party when a woman squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water. What does Wormold find out from the woman?
6. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
7. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
8. Why is there a curfew in Santiago?
9. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
10. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)