|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Wormold in Santiago?
(a) two weeks
(b) one day
(c) five days
(d) three days
2. Hawthorne is known as:
(a) the attache
3. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
(a) questioned Wormold about his contacts
(b) purchased a large combination safe
(c) cleaned the office
(d) read through Wormold's cables
4. The cable Wormold received came from:
5. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
(a) a man asking questions about vacuum cleaners
(b) the door locked
(c) Lopez gone
(d) Milly behind thecounter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Chief tell Hawthorne to look into arranging for Wormold?
2. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
3. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
4. The police:
5. In a cable to Hawthorne, Wormold tells of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Wormold going through his index card list of agents the next morning?
2. Why does Wormold tell Hasselbacher that he was given money to provide information?
3. Why does Beatrice become suspicious of the night of Raul's intended flight?
4. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
5. How does Wormold get the British to pay for his yearly trip to visit retailers?
6. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
7. What indicates that Wormold didn't know what he was getting into when he accepted money from Hawthorne?
8. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
9. How does Wormold keep Beatrice from finding his agents?
10. How are Wormold's reports received in London?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)