|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who broke the book code?
(d) Captain Segura
2. Who does Wormold want to kill?
3. Wormold meets with the Ambassador at:
(a) the Ambassador's home
(b) the Nacionial
(c) the Wonder Bar
(d) the Consulate
4. Wormold receives a cable from Hawthorne saying that he is to report to:
(a) the British Virgin Island
5. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
(a) he wants to marry Betrice
(b) Lopez is an informer
(c) Segura will give Milly a good life
(d) it is time to leave Havana
6. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
(a) a gun
(b) Braun's phone number
(c) his passport
7. Beatrice tells Wormold that London:
(a) ordered him to attend at all costs
(b) has people at the banquet
(c) wants the assassin found
(d) wouldn't want him to risk attending the banquet
8. Captain Segura raises all but the following issues:
(a) the car crash that killed Raul
(b) Wormold's trip to Kingston
(c) the complaint of Professor Sanchez
(d) The shots fired at Cifuentes
9. On the day of the European Traders' Association, Wormold is too nervous to:
(a) attend the function
(b) give the speech
(c) eat breakfast
(d) go out of the office
10. Wormold and Captain Segura meet at the:
(a) Shanghai Club
(b) Havana Club
(c) Sloppy Joe
(d) Wonder Bar
11. Hasselbacher tells Wormold not to go into the dining room because:
(a) he is a poor speaker
(b) they plan to demand his resignation
(c) they plan to poison him
(d) they play to heckle him
12. The Chief is talking to the Permanent Under-Secretary about:
(a) the Berlin wall
(b) the base construction in Cuba
(c) the death of Raul
(d) the broken book code
13. What does Segura say about the search and ransacking of Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) the police had no part in the incident
(b) trained professionals were responsible
(c) the police performed the search
(d) local thugs were responsible
14. What is the excitement that Milly talks about?
(a) a riot
(b) a fire at the Tropicana
(c) the rebels entered the capitol
(d) an assassination attempt at the Ministry of the Interior
15. What do Professor Sanchez and his girlfriend think when Wormold appears to warn them?
(a) that it is a joke
(b) the police are looking forhim
(c) that the professor is in trouble with Senora Sanchez or Maria
(d) he is in no truble
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold takes Beatrice home to stay with Milly and then goes to:
2. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
3. Segura ties his marrying Milly to:
4. What did Hasselbacher say would have happened if he didn't help 'them'?
5. According to Wormold, who is responsible for the deaths of Raul, Hasselbacher and the dog?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)