|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wormold says all but the following about Carter:
(a) liked to watch the steamers on the river
(b) likes his pipe
(c) scared of women
(d) a trained professional
2. According to Wormold, who is responsible for the deaths of Raul, Hasselbacher and the dog?
(b) Wormold and Carter
3. Hawthorne tells Wormold that the murder is supposed to take place at the:
(a) European Traders' Association at the Nacional
(c) Havana Club
(d) Wonder Bar
4. What do Professor Sanchez and his girlfriend think when Wormold appears to warn them?
(a) that it is a joke
(b) that the professor is in trouble with Senora Sanchez or Maria
(c) the police are looking forhim
(d) he is in no truble
5. What does Captain Segura give Wormold as a going away gift?
(b) Hasselbacher's missing papers
(c) a miniature bottle of whiskey and a bullet
(d) the agent list
6. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
(a) Captain Segura
(b) the Ambassador
(d) Mother Superior
7. What lent credibility to the drawing submitted by Wormold, according to Hawthorne, was the other sales plans to:
(a) discredit Raul
(b) eliminate Wormold
(c) kidnap Beatrice
(d) discredit Wormold
8. How does Wormold find Hasselbacher?
(a) sleeping in a uniform
9. Wormold enters Hasselbacher's apartment by:
(a) he calls from the lobby
(b) he knocks on the door
(c) the window
(d) he meets him in the lobby
10. Segura threatens to:
(a) kill Wormold
(b) elope with Milly
(c) arrest Beatrice
(d) go to the Chief of Police
11. The plate with no carrots which was served to Wormold is passed down the table when the:
(a) waiters begin to laugh
(b) head waiter seizes it
(c) waiters ignore it
(d) meal is eaten by Dr. Braun
12. Where did Hasselbacher obtain a copy of Lamb's Tales?
(a) he bought a copy
(b) From Rudy
(c) from Milly
(d) he borrowed from the library
13. Who does Wormold want to kill?
14. Hasselbacher says 'they' broke into his flat because:
(a) Hasselbacher was seen with Wormold and Segura at the Tropica
(b) he is Wormold's friend
(c) of secrets in Hasselbacher's past
(d) Hasselbacher offers to lend money to Wormold
15. Segura accuses Wormold of:
(a) telling Milly that she can't marry him
(b) trying to get him drunk so he can obtain the list of names
(c) trying to get Milly out of the country
(d) lying aboutCarter
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wormold walks away from Professor Sanchez's house, who is waiting for him?
2. What does Wormold want from Segura?
3. Wormold reports to Beatrice that Segura has:
4. Throughout the meeting with Segura, Wormold maintains that:
5. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)