|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was shot at, supposedly by accident?
(a) Mr. Parkmen
(c) Captain Segura
(d) Dr. Cifuentes
2. Why does Beatrice insist they go to the Shanghai Theater?
(a) to hide
(b) to warn Teresa
(c) to get out of the house
(d) to talk
3. What does Segura say about the search and ransacking of Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) trained professionals were responsible
(b) local thugs were responsible
(c) the police had no part in the incident
(d) the police performed the search
4. What do Professor Sanchez and his girlfriend think when Wormold appears to warn them?
(a) that the professor is in trouble with Senora Sanchez or Maria
(b) that it is a joke
(c) the police are looking forhim
(d) he is in no truble
5. When talking to Wormold Captain Segura mentions all but the following:
(a) the Shanghai Theater
(b) his relationship with Milly
(c) ProfessorSanchez's wife
(d) the postcard Wormold sent to Hasselbacher from Santiago
6. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
(a) Segura will give Milly a good life
(b) it is time to leave Havana
(c) Lopez is an informer
(d) he wants to marry Betrice
7. Wormold receives a cable from Hawthorne saying that he is to report to:
(d) the British Virgin Island
8. What did Wormold do about the list of agent names?
(a) he took Segura's copy
(b) he forgot about it
(c) he asked Segura for a copy
(d) he photographed it
9. Several times Wormold considers:
(b) going home and letting the supposed agents fend for themselves
(c) telling Beatrice the truth
(d) telling Beatrice to mind her own business
10. When Wormold walks away from Professor Sanchez's house, who is waiting for him?
(a) the police
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
(c) a man named Raul
11. What does Hasselbacher do that is out of character for him?
(a) he threatens to tell Milly
(b) he calls Wormold by his first name
(c) he collapses in the chair
(d) he cries
12. In regards to Raul, Hasselbacher says that:
(a) he didn't know the man
(b) he was just told to relay a message
(c) he knew the man
(d) the name was fictitious
13. When Wormold is served his plate at the luncheon, he:
(a) accepts it
(b) refuses it
(c) passes it down the table
(d) ignores it
14. Wormold feels that if he attends the banquet and they find out who the assassin is, that he will:
(a) impress London
(b) have earned his money
(c) be able to sleep at night
(d) appear as a hero to Milly
15. Segura ties his marrying Milly to:
(a) Wormold's health
(b) Wormold's residence permit
(c) the success of the vacuum cleaner business
(d) the problems with Hawthorne
Short Answer Questions
1. Hawthorne tells Wormold that the murder is supposed to take place at the:
2. According to Wormold, who is responsible for the deaths of Raul, Hasselbacher and the dog?
3. Captain Segura plans to blame the death on:
4. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
5. What does Hawthorne say of the sketches Wormold provided?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)