|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
(a) Mother Superior
(b) Captain Segura
(d) the Ambassador
2. Why does Beatrice insist they go to the Shanghai Theater?
(a) to hide
(b) to talk
(c) to warn Teresa
(d) to get out of the house
3. What does Segura say about the search and ransacking of Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) local thugs were responsible
(b) the police performed the search
(c) trained professionals were responsible
(d) the police had no part in the incident
4. When Wormold arrives at Carter's hotel room, he:
(a) says he came to apologize for his behavior at the luncheon
(b) sneaks into the room with a pass key
(c) kills Carter
(d) tells Carter they must report MacDougal
5. What does Hasselbacher do that is out of character for him?
(a) he collapses in the chair
(b) he threatens to tell Milly
(c) he cries
(d) he calls Wormold by his first name
6. What does Captain Segura suspect Wormold of being involved in:
7. The Chief uses all of the following terms to describe Hasselbacher:
(a) big government operator
(b) broke their book code
(c) expert at cryptology
(d) loyal to the British
8. When Hasselbacher asks why Wormold ever began selling information, Wormold responds that he did it for:
(a) loyalty to Engaldn
(b) he was trapped and couldn't refuse
9. Wormold takes Beatrice home to stay with Milly and then goes to:
(b) the Wonder Bar
(c) for a walk
10. What does Wormold learn about Hasselbacher?
(a) he had been a Cuban officer
(b) he was never in the military
(c) he wasn't really German
(d) he left Germany to escape the draft
11. Who was shot at, supposedly by accident?
(a) Mr. Parkmen
(c) Dr. Cifuentes
(d) Captain Segura
12. Regarding Wormold's agents, Beatrice advises that:
(a) they go into hiding
(b) they leave Cuba
(c) they act normal and deny everything if questions
(d) they all meet at Wormold's office
13. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
(a) Wormold refuses to discuss the situation
(b) Beatrice asks a lot of questions
(c) they don't speak
(d) Wormold confesses that he made it all up
14. On the day of the European Traders' Association, Wormold is too nervous to:
(a) give the speech
(b) go out of the office
(c) eat breakfast
(d) attend the function
15. Wormold, sensing Carter doesn't want to leave the hotel, finds that Carter is waiting for:
(a) Braun to arrive at his room
(b) no one
(c) a phone call from Dr. Braun
(d) a call girl
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold says all but the following about Carter:
2. The advice of the Ambassador is that Wormold should:
3. What did Hasselbacher say would have happened if he didn't help 'them'?
4. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
5. According to Wormold, who is responsible for the deaths of Raul, Hasselbacher and the dog?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)