|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hasselbacher do that is out of character for him?
(a) he threatens to tell Milly
(b) he cries
(c) he collapses in the chair
(d) he calls Wormold by his first name
2. Regarding Wormold's agents, Beatrice advises that:
(a) they act normal and deny everything if questions
(b) they leave Cuba
(c) they all meet at Wormold's office
(d) they go into hiding
3. What does Wormold learn from Captain Segura?
(a) Beatrice is a phoney
(b) Raul is dead
(c) Hasselbacher's phone is tapped
(d) Professor Sanchez isn't married
4. When Wormold and Beatrice leave Hasselbacher and walk home:
(a) Beatrice asks a lot of questions
(b) Wormold refuses to discuss the situation
(c) they don't speak
(d) Wormold confesses that he made it all up
5. What does Segura say about the search and ransacking of Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) the police had no part in the incident
(b) local thugs were responsible
(c) the police performed the search
(d) trained professionals were responsible
6. Segura accuses Wormold of:
(a) telling Milly that she can't marry him
(b) lying aboutCarter
(c) trying to get him drunk so he can obtain the list of names
(d) trying to get Milly out of the country
7. What does Wormold want from Segura?
(a) assurance he won't be implicated
(b) a ride home
(c) a list of names
(d) an assurance to keep Beatrice out of it
8. How does Wormold find Hasselbacher?
(c) sleeping in a uniform
9. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
(a) that Hasselbacher will be deported
(b) that Wormold will be deported
(c) Segura read the cable where Wormold reported recruiting Cifuentes
(d) that Wormold is in a lot of trouble
10. Just as he is being announced to speak, he notices that:
(a) the head waiter is watching him
(b) he has forgotten his speech
(c) the man named Carter has a stammering aspirate just as the man on Segura's tape did
(d) he doesn't feel well
11. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
(a) it is time to leave Havana
(b) he wants to marry Betrice
(c) Segura will give Milly a good life
(d) Lopez is an informer
12. Beatrice tells Wormold that London:
(a) wants the assassin found
(b) wouldn't want him to risk attending the banquet
(c) ordered him to attend at all costs
(d) has people at the banquet
13. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
(a) his passport
(b) a gun
(d) Braun's phone number
14. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
(a) the Ambassador
(c) Captain Segura
(d) Mother Superior
15. Wormold says that he wants:
(a) to show Carter the Havana nightspots
(b) to kill Carter
(c) Carter to take him to Dr. Braun
(d) Carter to confess
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold feels that if he attends the banquet and they find out who the assassin is, that he will:
2. Segura threatens to:
3. As they play the checkers game:
4. Who was shot at, supposedly by accident?
5. When talking to Wormold Captain Segura mentions all but the following:
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)