|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Captain Segura asks:
(a) Wormold to help set up Dr. Hasselbacher
(b) to marry Milly
(c) that Wormold send Beatrice home
(d) Wormold to leave the country
2. Wormold reports to Beatrice that Segura has:
(a) threatened Beatrice with deportation
(b) threatened Rudy with arrest
(c) threatened Wormold with deportation
(d) interrogated Cifuentes
3. What does Hawthorne say of the sketches Wormold provided?
(a) they were suspect
(b) they needed more detail
(c) he never saw the sketches
(d) they reminded him of vacuum cleaners
4. Wormold tells Carter that he needs to ring:
(a) Braun's phone number
(c) his passport
(d) a gun
5. Wormold enters Hasselbacher's apartment by:
(a) he knocks on the door
(b) the window
(c) he calls from the lobby
(d) he meets him in the lobby
6. When talking to Wormold Captain Segura mentions all but the following:
(a) his relationship with Milly
(b) the postcard Wormold sent to Hasselbacher from Santiago
(c) ProfessorSanchez's wife
(d) the Shanghai Theater
7. Who does Wormold want to kill?
8. Captain Segura asks Wormold to formally identify the body of:
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
(c) Mr. Carter
9. The Chief is talking to the Permanent Under-Secretary about:
(a) the death of Raul
(b) the broken book code
(c) the Berlin wall
(d) the base construction in Cuba
10. When Wormold arrives at the Nacional for the luncheon, who is waiting for him in the lobby?
(a) Captain Segura
(c) Engineer Cifuentes
11. The plate with no carrots which was served to Wormold is passed down the table when the:
(a) head waiter seizes it
(b) waiters ignore it
(c) waiters begin to laugh
(d) meal is eaten by Dr. Braun
12. What does Captain Segura suspect Wormold of being involved in:
13. Wormold says that he wants:
(a) to kill Carter
(b) Carter to confess
(c) to show Carter the Havana nightspots
(d) Carter to take him to Dr. Braun
14. What does Segura say about the search and ransacking of Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) trained professionals were responsible
(b) the police had no part in the incident
(c) the police performed the search
(d) local thugs were responsible
15. When Wormold and Segura are playing checkers, what does Segura tell Wormold?
(a) that Hasselbacher will be deported
(b) that Wormold will be deported
(c) that Wormold is in a lot of trouble
(d) Segura read the cable where Wormold reported recruiting Cifuentes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold want from Segura?
2. As they play the checkers game:
3. While Wormold is talking to Segura at the bar, what does he think?
4. When Wormold and Milly leave, who sees them off at the airport?
5. Several times Wormold considers:
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)