Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
(b) Captain Segura
2. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
(a) move to a house
(b) intoduce her to his agents
(c) give up the vacuum cleaner business
(d) move to a bigger office
3. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
(a) reminded him of a giant vacuum cleaner
(b) a new airplane
(c) a new bomb
(d) a missile
4. What does the Chief want?
(a) a meeting with Wormold
(c) updated information
(d) photographs of the machinery
5. What does Wormold collect?
(a) miniature whiskey bottles
(b) old newspaper
6. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
(a) read through Wormold's cables
(b) questioned Wormold about his contacts
(c) cleaned the office
(d) purchased a large combination safe
7. In a cable to Hawthorne, Wormold tells of:
(a) Lopez demanding large amounts of money
(b) what happened to Hasselbacher
(c) strange man asking questions about Hawthorne
(d) a big military installation being built in Oreinte Province
8. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
(a) he has narrowed it down to two
(b) he will drop by the store later
(c) he tells him to have a Scotch
(d) he hasn't yet decided
9. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
(a) the Atomic Pile vacuum cleaner parts
(b) a carbuerator
(c) an airplane engine
(d) his office fan parts
10. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
(a) the Americans haven't mentioned anything to theBritish
(b) he says the information doesn't sound correct
(c) the Secret Service is not interested in the drawings
(d) he wants documentation
11. What is Mr. Wormold's occupation?
(a) vacuum cleaner salesman
(b) consular official
(c) ship's captain
(d) bar owner
12. While they have a discussion at their table, a woman at the next table:
(b) begins to shout
(c) squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water
(d) slaps her escort
13. Who joins their table at the outing for Milly?
(a) Captain Segura
(d) Mother Superior
14. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
(a) high prices
(b) high unemployment
(c) power outages
(d) the market is glutted
15. Wormold invents his sub-agents by:
(a) selecting names from the Country Club list
(b) finding names in the newspaper
(c) talking to people and finding the ones who were interested
(d) asking at a bar
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
2. In Santiago, Wormold is:
3. The cable Wormold received came from:
4. Wormold writes to his sister and sends his nephew:
5. What does the Chief tell Hawthorne to look into arranging for Wormold?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)