|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The police:
(a) release Wormold
(b) areest Wormold
(c) escort Wormold to his hotel
(d) call Dr. Hasselbacher
2. Why does Wormold insist on Handling his own communication with his agents?
(a) he has no agents
(b) for security purposes
(c) Beatrice is afraid to travel to meet them
(d) Beatrice doesn's speak Spanish
3. When Wormold enters the Sloppy Joe bar, what does he see?
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) the English man who was in his store
4. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
(a) he hasn't yet decided
(b) he has narrowed it down to two
(c) he will drop by the store later
(d) he tells him to have a Scotch
5. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) serve as a courier
(b) recruit new agents
(c) handle communications with the sub-agents
(d) keep Hasselbacher away
6. Hasselbacher had received a phone call:
(a) threatening him
(b) advising him to leave Cuba
(c) asking if his sympathies were with the East or West
(d) warning him
7. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
(a) to send Milly to a Swiss finishing school
(b) to flee on
(c) to move to bigger parties
(d) to buy a new car
8. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
(a) he has an overdraft of fifty dollars
(b) he is refused for a loan
(c) the bank refuses to do business with him
(d) his deposit didn't go through
9. What does the Englishman know about Wormold?
(a) he was botrn in Havana
(b) he attended Cambridge
(c) he was born in Nice
(d) he was born in London
10. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
(a) a travel writer
(b) a newpaper correspondent
(c) an assistant medical writer
(d) an imaginative writer
11. Beatrice tells Wormold that London's impression of him is that he is:
(a) a small businessman
(b) an old fashioned merchant king
(c) a hustler
(d) a wealthy land owner
12. On the trip, Wormold:
(a) interviews people he could recruit
(b) collects names to send to Hawthorne
(c) decides to quite the Secret Service
(d) meets with his sub-agents
13. For Milly's seventeenth birthday, Wormold takes Milly and Hasselbacher to the:
(a) Wonder Bar
(c) Country Club
14. Wormold invents his sub-agents by:
(a) finding names in the newspaper
(b) asking at a bar
(c) selecting names from the Country Club list
(d) talking to people and finding the ones who were interested
15. What does the Chief tell Hawthorne to look into arranging for Wormold?
(a) a new car
(b) a newoffice
(c) a loan
(d) a Spanish speaking secretary
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
2. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
3. Why does Wormold worry?
4. In a cable to Hawthorne, Wormold tells of:
5. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)