|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wormold writes to his sister and sends his nephew:
(a) Cuban stamp
(b) miniature whiskey bottles
(c) lottery tickets
2. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) recruit new agents
(b) keep Hasselbacher away
(c) handle communications with the sub-agents
(d) serve as a courier
3. Why does Wormold insist on Handling his own communication with his agents?
(a) he has no agents
(b) Beatrice is afraid to travel to meet them
(c) for security purposes
(d) Beatrice doesn's speak Spanish
4. What do Wormold and Hasselbacher do every morning?
(a) meet for a daiquiri
(b) go for a walk
(c) play cards
(d) read the paper
5. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
(a) trained staff
(b) a gun
6. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
(a) he has narrowed it down to two
(b) he tells him to have a Scotch
(c) he hasn't yet decided
(d) he will drop by the store later
7. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
(a) power outages
(b) the market is glutted
(c) high prices
(d) high unemployment
8. On the trip, Wormold:
(a) interviews people he could recruit
(b) meets with his sub-agents
(c) decides to quite the Secret Service
(d) collects names to send to Hawthorne
9. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) he is megged in the street
(b) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
(c) he finds he is to late for the meeting
(d) he is arrested by Captian Segura
10. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
(a) to flee on
(b) to move to bigger parties
(c) to send Milly to a Swiss finishing school
(d) to buy a new car
11. How long is Wormold in Santiago?
(a) five days
(b) two weeks
(c) three days
(d) one day
12. What does Wormold find in Milly's room?
(a) a list of Country Club members
(c) a love letter to Captain Segura
(d) receipts for her shopping
13. One of the staff at the Secret Service commented that the sketches:
(a) a missile
(b) reminded him of a giant vacuum cleaner
(c) a new bomb
(d) a new airplane
14. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
(a) a car
(b) a horse
(c) a shopping spree
(d) a trip to England
15. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
(a) London wnat Wormold to recruit Hasselbacher
(b) Hasselbacher is a Russian agent
(c) he is not to have any contact with Hasselbacher
(d) London doesn't like Hasselbacher
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding his trip, Wormold tells Hawthorne that the purpose is to:
2. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
3. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
4. How does Wormold know which page, line and word of the book to use to decode the message?
5. Wormold tells Hasselbacher that he was offered money:
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)