|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
(a) a carbuerator
(b) the Atomic Pile vacuum cleaner parts
(c) his office fan parts
(d) an airplane engine
2. What does Wormold collect?
(b) miniature whiskey bottles
(d) old newspaper
3. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
(a) horseback riding is too dangerous
(b) she is too young
(c) he can't afford it
(d) it is out of character for Milly
4. Why does Wormold worry?
(a) he has gambling debts
(b) his pension won't be enough to take Milly to England
(c) he can't pay for the new inventory
(d) his business is failing
5. What is one of the first things that Beatrice did:
(a) read through Wormold's cables
(b) purchased a large combination safe
(c) questioned Wormold about his contacts
(d) cleaned the office
6. Who pays for the Wormold country club membership?
(a) the British Secret Service
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
(c) Captain Segura
7. While they have a discussion at their table, a woman at the next table:
(a) begins to shout
(c) slaps her escort
(d) squirts Captain Segura with seltzer water
8. Where is Wormold planning to take Milly for her birthday:
(a) on a cruise
(b) on a picnic
(c) to a nightclub
9. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
(c) Captain Segura
10. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
(a) high unemployment
(b) the market is glutted
(c) power outages
(d) high prices
11. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) he is arrested by Captian Segura
(b) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
(c) he is megged in the street
(d) he finds he is to late for the meeting
12. What did Milly do at the age of thirteen when a boy pulled her hair?
(a) she cried
(b) she set fire to him
(c) she complained to the sisters at the school
(d) she punched him
13. In Santiago, Wormold is:
(a) sick from the food
(b) stopped by the police for being out after curfew
(d) attacked by rebels
14. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
(a) good reading
(b) for communications in code
(c) Hawthorne purchased duplicates by accident
(d) to enlighten Wormold
15. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
(a) a cat and a nun
(b) a dog and a cat
(c) two dogs
(d) a wasp and a chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
2. What does Milly want as a birthday present?
3. Wormold finds the Englishman works for the:
4. What is Mr. Wormold's occupation?
5. Beatrice tells Wormold that London's impression of him is that he is:
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)