|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
(a) Milly safely married
(b) retiring to England with Milly
(d) a steady flow of dividends
2. When Wormold goes to the Consulate to pick-up a cable, he learns that:
(a) they are waiting for a full report
(b) they want him to talk with the security staff
(c) they don't want to know anything about his activities
(d) they want to question him
3. Wormold learns that the Red Vulture is:
(a) a rare exotic bird
(b) Captain Segura
(c) a drink
(d) a bar
4. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
(a) so he doesn't have to listen to Wormold
(b) to see if it is clean
(c) to confuse a mike
(d) to wash his hands
5. The police:
(a) release Wormold
(b) escort Wormold to his hotel
(c) call Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) areest Wormold
6. Wormold finds the Englishman works for the:
(a) British Secret Service
(c) Dr. Hasselbacher
(d) vacuum cleaner company
7. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
(a) he says the information doesn't sound correct
(b) he wants documentation
(c) the Americans haven't mentioned anything to theBritish
(d) the Secret Service is not interested in the drawings
8. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) serve as a courier
(b) handle communications with the sub-agents
(c) recruit new agents
(d) keep Hasselbacher away
9. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
(a) it is out of character for Milly
(b) he can't afford it
(c) she is too young
(d) horseback riding is too dangerous
10. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
(b) a gun
(d) trained staff
11. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
(a) he is worried about his own safety
(b) he is worried about Harthorne
(c) he feels men like Hawthorne have done this to his friend
(d) he is worried that Lopez will report him
12. For Milly's seventeenth birthday, Wormold takes Milly and Hasselbacher to the:
(b) Wonder Bar
(d) Country Club
13. Why does Wormold insist on Handling his own communication with his agents?
(a) for security purposes
(b) Beatrice is afraid to travel to meet them
(c) Beatrice doesn's speak Spanish
(d) he has no agents
14. What is Mr. Wormold's occupation?
(a) ship's captain
(b) bar owner
(c) consular official
(d) vacuum cleaner salesman
15. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
(a) advantageously placed with good business contacts
(b) a playboy
(c) too expensive tastes for them
(d) theonly man he could find
Short Answer Questions
1. In regard to providing information for money, Hasselbacher advises Wormold to:
2. Who joins their table at the outing for Milly?
3. Hasselbacher had received a phone call:
4. Regarding his trip, Wormold tells Hawthorne that the purpose is to:
5. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)