|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Wormold and Hasselbacher do every morning?
(a) play cards
(b) go for a walk
(c) read the paper
(d) meet for a daiquiri
2. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold finds that the Consulate:
(a) speaks highly of Hawthorne
(b) doesn't like Hawthorne
(c) says Hawthorne has been fired
(d) denies knowing any Mr. Hawthorne
3. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
(a) advantageously placed with good business contacts
(b) too expensive tastes for them
(c) a playboy
(d) theonly man he could find
4. When the police find Wormold's postcard to Hasselbacher, Wormold tells them that Hasselbacher is:
(a) an employee of Captain Segura
(b) a woman named Emma
(c) a bar owner
(d) a medical doctor
5. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
(d) Captain Segura
6. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) handle communications with the sub-agents
(b) serve as a courier
(c) recruit new agents
(d) keep Hasselbacher away
7. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) he finds he is to late for the meeting
(b) he is megged in the street
(c) he is arrested by Captian Segura
(d) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
8. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
(a) to enlighten Wormold
(b) good reading
(c) for communications in code
(d) Hawthorne purchased duplicates by accident
9. The police:
(a) areest Wormold
(b) call Dr. Hasselbacher
(c) release Wormold
(d) escort Wormold to his hotel
10. How long is Wormold in Santiago?
(a) three days
(b) one day
(c) five days
(d) two weeks
11. In Havana, Wormold receives a panicky phone call from:
(d) Captain Segura
12. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
(a) he is worried about his own safety
(b) he is worried that Lopez will report him
(c) he is worried about Harthorne
(d) he feels men like Hawthorne have done this to his friend
13. Wormold invents his sub-agents by:
(a) finding names in the newspaper
(b) talking to people and finding the ones who were interested
(c) selecting names from the Country Club list
(d) asking at a bar
14. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
(a) Milly behind thecounter
(b) the door locked
(c) a man asking questions about vacuum cleaners
(d) Lopez gone
15. What does the Englishman know about Wormold?
(a) he was botrn in Havana
(b) he was born in Nice
(c) he was born in London
(d) he attended Cambridge
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
2. Who does Wormold find is driving Milly home from school:
3. When Wormold asks Lopez if he wants to earn a little extra money, Lopez thinks:
4. Oriente Province, which he visits is:
5. In Santiago, Wormold is:
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)