|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
(a) he wants documentation
(b) the Americans haven't mentioned anything to theBritish
(c) he says the information doesn't sound correct
(d) the Secret Service is not interested in the drawings
2. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) some papers that were thirty years old
(c) his passport
3. What does the Chief want?
(a) updated information
(b) photographs of the machinery
(c) a meeting with Wormold
4. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
(a) an airplane engine
(b) his office fan parts
(c) the Atomic Pile vacuum cleaner parts
(d) a carbuerator
5. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
(a) high prices
(b) the market is glutted
(c) power outages
(d) high unemployment
6. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
(a) so he doesn't have to listen to Wormold
(b) to wash his hands
(c) to see if it is clean
(d) to confuse a mike
7. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
(a) to enlighten Wormold
(b) Hawthorne purchased duplicates by accident
(c) for communications in code
(d) good reading
8. What is Mr. Wormold's occupation?
(a) vacuum cleaner salesman
(b) consular official
(c) bar owner
(d) ship's captain
9. When Wormold receives fifteen hundred dollars for the bogus flight of the Cuban pilot, he plans to use the money:
(a) to buy a new car
(b) to flee on
(c) to send Milly to a Swiss finishing school
(d) to move to bigger parties
10. Where is Wormold planning to take Milly for her birthday:
(b) on a cruise
(c) on a picnic
(d) to a nightclub
11. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
(a) an assistant medical writer
(b) a newpaper correspondent
(c) an imaginative writer
(d) a travel writer
12. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
(b) he is arrested by Captian Segura
(c) he is megged in the street
(d) he finds he is to late for the meeting
13. Wormold goes with Hasselbacher to key:
(a) theater tickets
(c) lottery tickets
(d) the newspaper
14. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
(a) Milly safely married
(b) retiring to England with Milly
(c) a steady flow of dividends
15. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
(d) Captain Segura
Short Answer Questions
1. The Englishman, whose name is Hawthorne, wants to:
2. What task does Wormold refuse to do:
3. While Beatrice is talking to Wormold, who arrives?
4. In a cable to Hawthorne, Wormold tells of:
5. For Milly's seventeenth birthday, Wormold takes Milly and Hasselbacher to the:
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)