|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) keep Hasselbacher away
(b) recruit new agents
(c) handle communications with the sub-agents
(d) serve as a courier
2. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
(a) he is worried that Lopez will report him
(b) he is worried about Harthorne
(c) he is worried about his own safety
(d) he feels men like Hawthorne have done this to his friend
3. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold decides that he should:
(a) find someone to help him
(b) send some names for them to trace and recruit an agent
(d) pay back the money
4. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
(a) a playboy
(b) theonly man he could find
(c) too expensive tastes for them
(d) advantageously placed with good business contacts
5. Wormold tells Hasselbacher that he was offered money:
(a) for his business
(b) to provide information
(c) to leave town
(d) for women
6. Why does Wormold insist on Handling his own communication with his agents?
(a) for security purposes
(b) Beatrice is afraid to travel to meet them
(c) Beatrice doesn's speak Spanish
(d) he has no agents
7. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
(a) a steady flow of dividends
(b) retiring to England with Milly
(d) Milly safely married
8. The Englishman tells Wormold to meet him:
(a) at his store
(b) at his apartment
(c) at the WonderBar
(d) in the Gents
9. What does Wormold learn at the bank?
(a) the bank refuses to do business with him
(b) he is refused for a loan
(c) his deposit didn't go through
(d) he has an overdraft of fifty dollars
10. Hasselbacher had received a phone call:
(a) warning him
(b) threatening him
(c) asking if his sympathies were with the East or West
(d) advising him to leave Cuba
11. Wormold writes to his sister and sends his nephew:
(a) Cuban stamp
(b) lottery tickets
(d) miniature whiskey bottles
12. When Wormold enters the Sloppy Joe bar, what does he see?
(a) the English man who was in his store
(b) Dr. Hasselbacher
13. What does the Englishman reply when Wormold asks if he has decided on a vacuum cleaner?
(a) he has narrowed it down to two
(b) he tells him to have a Scotch
(c) he will drop by the store later
(d) he hasn't yet decided
14. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
(a) it is out of character for Milly
(b) horseback riding is too dangerous
(c) she is too young
(d) he can't afford it
15. Wormold writes his sister that the vacuum cleaners aren't selling well because of:
(a) high unemployment
(b) the market is glutted
(c) high prices
(d) power outages
Short Answer Questions
1. For Milly's seventeenth birthday, Wormold takes Milly and Hasselbacher to the:
2. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
3. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
4. What does Wormold use for the strange machinery sketches:
5. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)