|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wormold insist on Handling his own communication with his agents?
(a) Beatrice doesn's speak Spanish
(b) for security purposes
(c) he has no agents
(d) Beatrice is afraid to travel to meet them
2. Why are there fewer tourists in Havana than usual?
(a) there is a ban on alcohol
(b) there are disturbances
(c) the weather is bad
(d) it is too expensive
3. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
(a) London wnat Wormold to recruit Hasselbacher
(b) Hasselbacher is a Russian agent
(c) London doesn't like Hasselbacher
(d) he is not to have any contact with Hasselbacher
4. How long is Wormold in Santiago?
(a) one day
(b) two weeks
(c) five days
(d) three days
5. Wormold tells Hasselbacher that he was offered money:
(a) to leave town
(b) for his business
(c) for women
(d) to provide information
6. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold finds that the Consulate:
(a) speaks highly of Hawthorne
(b) denies knowing any Mr. Hawthorne
(c) says Hawthorne has been fired
(d) doesn't like Hawthorne
7. What is missing from Hasselbacher's apartment?
(a) his passport
(b) some papers that were thirty years old
8. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold decides that he should:
(b) pay back the money
(c) find someone to help him
(d) send some names for them to trace and recruit an agent
9. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
(a) horseback riding is too dangerous
(b) it is out of character for Milly
(c) she is too young
(d) he can't afford it
10. Beatrice tells Wormold that London's impression of him is that he is:
(a) a wealthy land owner
(b) a small businessman
(c) a hustler
(d) an old fashioned merchant king
11. Dr. Hasselbacher and Mr. Wormold are talking in:
(a) Dr. Hasselbacher's office
(b) the Wonder Bar
(c) the Consulate
(d) the park
12. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
(a) a newpaper correspondent
(b) a travel writer
(c) an assistant medical writer
(d) an imaginative writer
13. One of Beatrice's functions will be to:
(a) recruit new agents
(b) handle communications with the sub-agents
(c) keep Hasselbacher away
(d) serve as a courier
(a) is a nun
(b) works at the consulate
(c) is Dr. Hasselbacher's assistant
(d) attends a convent school
15. What does the Englishman know about Wormold?
(a) he was botrn in Havana
(b) he attended Cambridge
(c) he was born in London
(d) he was born in Nice
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold finds the Englishman works for the:
2. When Wormold enters the Sloppy Joe bar, what does he see?
3. Why does the Chief question the reports sent by Wormold?
4. Hasselbacher had received a phone call:
5. What do Wormold and Hasselbacher do every morning?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)