|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Chief want?
(b) updated information
(c) photographs of the machinery
(d) a meeting with Wormold
2. Why does Wormold insist on Handling his own communication with his agents?
(a) Beatrice is afraid to travel to meet them
(b) Beatrice doesn's speak Spanish
(c) for security purposes
(d) he has no agents
3. Who joins their table at the outing for Milly?
(a) Mother Superior
(d) Captain Segura
4. What does Wormold collect?
(c) old newspaper
(d) miniature whiskey bottles
5. In regards to Hawthorne, Wormold decides that he should:
(b) send some names for them to trace and recruit an agent
(c) find someone to help him
(d) pay back the money
6. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
(a) the door locked
(b) Lopez gone
(c) Milly behind thecounter
(d) a man asking questions about vacuum cleaners
7. What happens when Wormold goes to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
(a) he is arrested by Captian Segura
(b) he finds he is to late for the meeting
(c) Hasselbacher insists on accompanying him
(d) he is megged in the street
8. Hawthorne describes Wormold to his superior as:
(a) theonly man he could find
(b) a playboy
(c) advantageously placed with good business contacts
(d) too expensive tastes for them
9. A cable from London tells Wormold:
(a) to use Milly as a courier
(b) to minimize contacts with Hasselbacher
(c) to try to recruit Captain Segura
(d) to try to recruit Hasselbacher
10. What do Wormold and Hasselbacher do every morning?
(a) play cards
(b) read the paper
(c) meet for a daiquiri
(d) go for a walk
11. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
(a) trained staff
(c) a gun
12. Dr. Hasselbacher and Mr. Wormold are talking in:
(a) the Wonder Bar
(b) the Consulate
(c) Dr. Hasselbacher's office
(d) the park
13. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
(a) a newpaper correspondent
(b) a travel writer
(c) an assistant medical writer
(d) an imaginative writer
14. What is the purpose of the Charles Lamb books?
(a) for communications in code
(b) to enlighten Wormold
(c) Hawthorne purchased duplicates by accident
(d) good reading
15. Why does Wormold worry?
(a) he has gambling debts
(b) he can't pay for the new inventory
(c) his pension won't be enough to take Milly to England
(d) his business is failing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wormold upset abut when he leaves Hasselbacher?
2. Where is Wormold planning to take Milly for her birthday:
3. What name does Wormold mention when the police question him?
4. What does Wormold find that Beatrice wants him to do:
5. What does Beatrice tell Wormold about Hasselbacher?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)