Short Essay Questions
1. What word is Mr. Wormold worried about with his vacuum cleaner business?
2. What does Mr. Wormold find when he enters his vacuum cleaner shop?
3. Milly is a devout Catholic, Womold isn't. Why does he raise her as Catholic?
4. When Wormold learns that Milly wants a horse for her birthday, what two facts does he find disturbing?
5. Why doesn't Wormold feel up to his morning daiquiri with Hasselbacher?
6. What does Wormold learn about the Englishman who had been in his shop?
7. What happens when Hawthorne hears footsteps approaching the men's room?
8. When talking to Milly later that night, what advice does Wormold give her?
9. What happens when Wormold is on his way to meet Hawthorne?
10. How does Wormold lose Hasselbacher to keep his appointment with Hawthorne?
11. Why does Hawthorne agree to have the Secret Service pay for Wormold's Country Club membership?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)