|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 - Interlude in London.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Milly do at the age of thirteen when a boy pulled her hair?
(a) she punched him
(b) she complained to the sisters at the school
(c) she cried
(d) she set fire to him
2. Milly is the:
(a) the site of Wormold
(b) the daughter of Hasselbacher
(c) the fiance of Hasselbacher
(d) daughter of Wormold
3. What does Wormold find when he returns to his shop?
(a) a man asking questions about vacuum cleaners
(b) Milly behind thecounter
(c) the door locked
(d) Lopez gone
4. Which of the following is not a part of Wormold's daydream?
(a) retiring to England with Milly
(b) Milly safely married
(d) a steady flow of dividends
5. Why does Wormold at first say no to Milly's request for a horse?
(a) horseback riding is too dangerous
(b) it is out of character for Milly
(c) she is too young
(d) he can't afford it
Short Answer Questions
1. Wormold tells Milly that he is beginning a new career as:
2. Which of the following does Hawthorne not considered a necessity for Wormold's office:
3. Why does the Englishman run the water in the Gents?
4. What does Hasselbacher consider to be important in his search for lottery number?
5. When Wormold asks Lopez if he wants to earn a little extra money, Lopez thinks:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)