Part 1, Chapter 1 - Chapter 2
* Mr. Wormold is talking to Dr. Hasselbacher in the Wonder Bar. Wormold is concerned about the word 'atomic' in the name of a particular vacuum cleaner.
* Wormold returns to his shop to find a man asking questions about vacuum cleaners.
* Wormold discusses Milly's spending habits and tells her to stop buying items on credit. He finds she wants a horse for her birthday and eventually given is and tells her he will buy it.
Part 1, Chapter 3
* Wormold discovers that he has an overdraft at the bank.
* Deciding against his usual morning daiquiri at the Wonder Bar, he goes to the Sloppy Joe, where he meets the Englishman who is named Hawthorne.
* Hawthorne is a member of the Secret Service and wants to recruit Wormold for work in an intelligence network that he is setting up. Wormold is supposed to meet Hawthorne at ten that...
This section contains 1,355 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)