|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Jamie help Gran after Granda dies?
2. Which of the following is NOT a place Jamie takes Granda in a wheelchair?
3. What does Granda, in a mischievous mood, dare Jamie to do?
4. What does Granda do while lying in bed?
5. What does Granda ask Jamie to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Jamie's thoughts changed regarding becoming a father?
2. In what context is Granda Hugh eulogized as "Mr. Housing?"
3. Describe Jamie's visits with Granda Hugh.
4. What are some of the things that Jamie loves about his girlfriend, Karen?
5. Describe Jamie's last personal encounter with Granda Hugh.
6. What surprise does Jamie get at Granda Hugh's funeral?
7. What does Gran say about the accusations lodged at Grandpa Hugh?
8. How is Jamie torn between the past and the present regarding Granda Hugh's reputation?
9. What parallels the destruction of Granda Hugh's buildings?
10. How does Jamie pass the time at his grandparents' home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does O'Hagan end the book on a note of hope for Jamie or the continuance of his struggle to come to terms with his flawed relationship with his father? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the concept of pressure and time. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience the concept of pressure and time then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
OUR FATHERS is a classic story of coming to terms with your past. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)