|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jamie meet his mother while in Glasgow?
2. On what matter did Jamie's wishes overrule Karen's?
3. What does Karen tell Jamie about his accent?
4. What does Jamie note about Gran's friends?
5. With what does Jamie help Gran after Granda dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what context is Granda Hugh eulogized as "Mr. Housing?"
2. What is the nature of the drunken journalist's derogatory comments directed at Jamie?
3. What do Jamie and Karen talk about when he calls her from a phone booth?
4. What is Jamie's mother's condition when he meets her?
5. What is Jamie's overall opinion of the afternoon spent with his mother?
6. What surprise does Jamie get at Granda Hugh's funeral?
7. How does Jamie pass the time at his grandparents' home?
8. What is the opinion of Granda Hugh regarding the accusations from those who know him well?
9. What does Gran say about the accusations lodged at Grandpa Hugh?
10. What are some of the things that Jamie loves about his girlfriend, Karen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Alice. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Alice?
Essay Topic 2
OUR FATHERS is a classic story of coming to terms with your past. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the concept of pressure and time. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience the concept of pressure and time then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)