|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of businessman did Jamie consider Granda to be?
2. What was Granda's mother's name?
3. What does Gran admit that Granda always cut corners on?
(a) His integrity.
(b) Building materials.
(c) Christmas gifts.
(d) Side streets.
4. How does Jamie feel after reuniting with his mother for the afternoon?
5. Whose reputation does Jamie attempt to defend while at the bar?
(a) Jamie's mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie do as Granda enjoys spending time with the locals in the pub?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Jamie's mother when she spends the afternoon with him?
3. What does Jamie's generation feel the need to do while also tearing down old buildings?
4. What does Granda ask Jamie to do for him?
5. Why is Jamie concerned when Granda tells him a story about a visit from John MacLean while in the Housing Commission office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Jamie's thoughts changed regarding becoming a father?
2. What is especially troubling to Jamie about Granda Hugh's story about John MacLean?
3. What is Jamie's overall opinion of the afternoon spent with his mother?
4. What are some of the things that Jamie loves about his girlfriend, Karen?
5. What is the opinion of Granda Hugh regarding the accusations from those who know him well?
6. What do Jamie and Karen talk about when he calls her from a phone booth?
7. What does Jamie's meeting with his mother signify for him?
8. Describe Jamie's last personal encounter with Granda Hugh.
9. Describe the day that Jamie takes Granda Hugh out to the pubs.
10. In what context is Granda Hugh eulogized as "Mr. Housing?"
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)