|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jamie's demeanor with Granda best described?
2. What has Karen always wanted but Jamie did not?
(a) A vacation home.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A baby.
(d) A big house.
3. What is Jamie's mother doing with her friends when he finds her?
(a) Singing karaoke.
(b) Having coffee.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Playing cards.
4. From whom does Jamie receive a phone call regarding Granda's buildings?
(a) Fergus McCluskey.
(b) Iam McShane.
(c) James McGowan.
(d) Fergus MacDougall.
5. What is the priest's eulogy able to do?
(a) Console the mourners.
(b) Stir up more grief for Gran.
(c) Clear Granda's name of the misappropriation accusations.
(d) Calm Jamie's nerves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of businessman did Jamie consider Granda to be?
2. Where does Jamie's girlfriend live?
3. What does Jamie note about Gran's friends?
4. What smoking product does Jamie prepare for Granda?
5. Jamie notes that Gran often lives __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Jamie get at Granda Hugh's funeral?
2. How does the priest's eulogy somehow seem to calm Gran Margie?
3. What is Jamie's mother's condition when he meets her?
4. What does Jamie's meeting with his mother signify for him?
5. What is Jamie's overall opinion of the afternoon spent with his mother?
6. What are some of the things that Jamie loves about his girlfriend, Karen?
7. What does Gran say about the accusations lodged at Grandpa Hugh?
8. What do Jamie and Karen talk about when he calls her from a phone booth?
9. Describe the day that Jamie takes Granda Hugh out to the pubs.
10. What event precipitates Jamie's contacting his estranged mother?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)