|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose reputation does Jamie attempt to defend while at the bar?
(b) Jamie's mother's.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Granda's behavior with Jamie?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Jamie's mother's new husband?
4. Where does Jamie's girlfriend live?
5. How does Jamie's mother feel after meeting with Jamie again?
(a) She is depressed about his life.
(b) She never wants to see him again.
(c) She is upset by the encounter.
(d) She wants to be a part of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do those close to Granda know about the personal accusations against him?
2. What is Granda referred to in a eulogy?
3. How does Jamie feel after reuniting with his mother for the afternoon?
4. Who is Jamie's mother's new husband?
5. What becomes an important element throughout Jamie's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Jamie get at Granda Hugh's funeral?
2. What is the nature of the drunken journalist's derogatory comments directed at Jamie?
3. How does the priest's eulogy somehow seem to calm Gran Margie?
4. How is Jamie torn between the past and the present regarding Granda Hugh's reputation?
5. How have Jamie's thoughts changed regarding becoming a father?
6. What are some of the things that Jamie loves about his girlfriend, Karen?
7. How does Jamie pass the time at his grandparents' home?
8. What is especially troubling to Jamie about Granda Hugh's story about John MacLean?
9. In what context is Granda Hugh eulogized as "Mr. Housing?"
10. What is Jamie's mother's condition when he meets her?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)