|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Granda's behavior with Jamie?
2. What seems to be the only part of Granda which has not changed?
(a) His memory.
(b) His shock of red hair.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His bright eyes.
3. How does Jamie's mother feel after meeting with Jamie again?
(a) She never wants to see him again.
(b) She is upset by the encounter.
(c) She wants to be a part of his life.
(d) She is depressed about his life.
4. Beside whose grave is Granda buried?
(b) His father's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His sister's.
5. What song does the congregation sing before dispersing to the cemetery?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Just a Closer Walk with Thee.
(c) How Great Thou Art.
(d) Faith of our Fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gran feel about all the accusations about Granda?
2. What holiday opens Part 1, Chapter 6?
3. Why is Jamie happy to meet Bob?
4. What do those close to Granda know about the personal accusations against him?
5. What is Jamie's demeanor after watching the demolition of Granda's buildings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jamie's last personal encounter with Granda Hugh.
2. What does Jamie's meeting with his mother signify for him?
3. In what context is Granda Hugh eulogized as "Mr. Housing?"
4. When does Granda Hugh die and how do Gran and Jamie react?
5. What surprise does Jamie get at Granda Hugh's funeral?
6. What is Jamie's mother's condition when he meets her?
7. Describe the day that Jamie takes Granda Hugh out to the pubs.
8. Describe Jamie's visits with Granda Hugh.
9. What do Jamie and Karen talk about when he calls her from a phone booth?
10. How have Jamie's thoughts changed regarding becoming a father?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)