|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie's mother promise Jamie?
(a) That they will leave Robert one day.
(b) That he can have a big birthday party.
(c) That he will go to college.
(d) That he can have a bike for Christmas.
2. What is Granda's appearance when Jamie sees him?
(a) Small and fragile.
(b) Larger than life.
(c) Near death.
(d) Robust and vital.
3. What important position did Hugh take after the war?
(a) City Councilman.
(b) Mayor of Glasgow.
(c) Red Cross President.
(d) Corporation Advisor on Building.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Gran's home?
5. What is Jamie's mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Robert's demeanor best described?
2. What did Famie eventually become in Scotland?
3. Granda tells tales of __________________ to Jamie.
4. What did Famie's mob of women NOT use to scare off evictors?
5. Where did Hugh's mother, Famie, sometimes stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened that made Famie hate the Irish people?
2. How does Jamie manage to get himself removed from his abusive home?
3. Why is Jamie so sad to be leaving Mrs. Drake?
4. Describe the relationship between Hugh and his son, Robert.
5. Who does Jamie encounter when he steps off the train?
6. What feelings of Granda Hugh's come out regarding Jamie's leaving home years ago?
7. What does Jamie note about his grandfather's buildings as he returns home?
8. What has Mrs. Drake given Jamie before he leaves on his trip?
9. Describe the incident of Jamie's father keeping watch in the bushes with a knife.
10. What are Jamie's observations about his father?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)