|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Robert cut himself after he and Jamie fight?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) A piece of glass.
(c) A rusty can.
(d) A hunting knife.
2. As a child, what did Hugh prefer to do rather than play with the other children?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Study bridge and building construction.
(d) Read comic books.
3. Granda tells tales of __________________ to Jamie.
(a) Gran's cooking.
(b) Old girlfriends.
(c) Past projects.
(d) The war.
4. What seemed to improve Famie's mental health?
(a) A good friend.
(b) Hugh's birth.
(c) A career.
(d) Going back to college.
5. What awakens Jamie in the house one night?
(a) Someone breaking in.
(b) Ambulance sirens.
(c) Barking dogs.
(d) Robert beating Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Gran's home?
2. With whom is Jamie traveling?
3. What does Mrs. Drake send with Jamie on his trip?
4. What is NOT mentioned as being a part of Gran's bedroom?
5. What do the teenagers question Jamie about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Famie became a political figure and advocate for a rent strikes movement.
2. Where is Jamie Bawn going with his parents as Part 1, Chapter 1 begins?
3. What is Jamie doing as Part 1, Chapter 2 begins?
4. What happened that made Famie hate the Irish people?
5. What are Jamie's thoughts as he returns to his childhood home in Scotland on the train?
6. How did Hugh earn the name of "Mr. Housing?"
7. Which character's story is revealed in Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. What kind of student is Jamie?
9. Describe Granda Hugh as Jamie sees him for the first time in ten years.
10. Who does Jamie encounter when he steps off the train?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)