|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes the place of drinking and shouting in Jamie's life when he lives with his grandparents?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Art projects.
(c) Building projects.
(d) Going on vacations.
2. Where is Jamie's childhood home?
(a) Edinburgh, Scotland.
(b) Liverpool, England.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Ayrshire, Scotland.
3. Which of the following does Jamie NOT do when arriving at his grandparents' flat?
(a) Drinks tea.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Warms himself by the fire.
(d) Chats with Gran.
4. From what country is Jamie departing when the story begins?
5. Where did Hugh's mother, Famie, sometimes stay?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) A friend's home.
(d) A university.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Robert cut himself after he and Jamie fight?
2. In what month does Jamie return home?
3. What did Famie start in Scotland?
4. What word best describes Jamie's childhood in his mind?
5. What mode of transportation does Jamie use to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Granda Hugh's buildings now a metaphor for his physical condition?
2. What does Jamie note about his grandfather's buildings as he returns home?
3. Why is Jamie so sad to be leaving Mrs. Drake?
4. What kind of student is Jamie?
5. What are Jamie's thoughts as he returns to his childhood home in Scotland on the train?
6. Why does Jamie feel the need to protect his mother from his father?
7. What eases some of Jamie's sadness at having to leave Mrs. Drake?
8. What is life like for Jamie at Granda Hugh and Gran Margie's house?
9. What has Mrs. Drake given Jamie before he leaves on his trip?
10. Describe how Famie became a political figure and advocate for a rent strikes movement.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)