|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Granda Hugh and Gran Margaret?
(a) Robert's brother and sister.
(b) Jamie's grandparents.
(c) Jamie's aunt and uncle.
(d) Jamie's tutors.
2. What takes the place of drinking and shouting in Jamie's life when he lives with his grandparents?
(a) Art projects.
(b) Building projects.
(c) Going on vacations.
(d) Reading the Bible.
3. Part 1, Chapter 3 covers whose early years?
4. Where is Jamie's childhood home?
(a) Edinburgh, Scotland.
(b) Ayrshire, Scotland.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Liverpool, England.
5. What is Granda's appearance when Jamie sees him?
(a) Robust and vital.
(b) Small and fragile.
(c) Larger than life.
(d) Near death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Famie despise after her husband's death in the war?
2. With whom is Jamie traveling?
3. From what country is Jamie departing when the story begins?
4. Who was Hugh's childhood hero?
5. What do the teenagers notice about Jamie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author provide such detail about Gran Margie's bedroom?
2. Describe the relationship between Hugh and his son, Robert.
3. How does the author use weather as a literary device to convey mood?
4. What is Jamie doing as Part 1, Chapter 2 begins?
5. Why are Granda Hugh's buildings now a metaphor for his physical condition?
6. What are Jamie's observations about his father?
7. What kind of student is Jamie?
8. Where is Jamie Bawn going with his parents as Part 1, Chapter 1 begins?
9. How did little Hugh spend much of his childhood?
10. What eases some of Jamie's sadness at having to leave Mrs. Drake?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)