|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the group of teenagers want from Jamie?
(a) Train ticket.
2. What secrets does Granda Hugh share with Jamie?
(a) Writing a boo.
(b) Scottish housing.
(c) The alcoholics in town.
(d) The birds and the bees.
3. Where does Mrs. Drake encourage Jamie to go when he gets to his new town?
(a) The church.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The school.
(d) The library.
4. Who did Hugh marry?
(b) Mary Ann.
5. Why is Jamie's family going to Scotland?
(a) On a business trip.
(b) To buy property.
(c) It is their home.
(d) For a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who particularly enraged Famie during the war?
2. What did Famie eventually become in Scotland?
3. What does Mrs. Drake send with Jamie on his trip?
4. What did Famie's mob of women NOT use to scare off evictors?
5. How did the war affect Famie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is life like for Jamie at Granda Hugh and Gran Margie's house?
2. Why are Granda Hugh's buildings now a metaphor for his physical condition?
3. What are Jamie's observations about his father?
4. How does the author use weather as a literary device to convey mood?
5. Why does the author provide such detail about Gran Margie's bedroom?
6. Describe Gran Margie as Jamie sees her for the first time in ten years.
7. Describe the relationship between Hugh and his son, Robert.
8. What kind of student is Jamie?
9. Describe Granda Hugh as Jamie sees him for the first time in ten years.
10. How does Jamie manage to get himself removed from his abusive home?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)