|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jamie pass the time while visiting his grandparents?
(b) Meeting friends.
(c) Playing video games.
(d) Watching TV.
2. How does Jamie feel after reuniting with his mother for the afternoon?
3. How would Granda feel if he were to hear the accusations against him?
(c) Hurt and angry.
4. What does Granda ask Jamie to do for him?
(a) Call his lawyer.
(b) Take care of Gran.
(c) Be his executor.
(d) Play records.
5. How does Gran feel about all the accusations about Granda?
(a) She is troubled by them.
(b) She can't help but believe them.
(c) She doesn't pay any attention to them.
(d) She does not want to believe them.
6. Beside whose grave is Granda buried?
(b) His mother's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His father's.
7. Jamie notes that Gran often lives __________________.
(a) In the past.
(c) Day to day.
(d) On the edge.
8. How is Jamie's demeanor with Granda best described?
9. Which of the following does Jamie NOT do with Gran?
10. When does Granda die?
(a) The day after Christmas.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
11. Which of the following does Jamie NOT tell Granda on Christmas night?
(a) He wants to take him to church.
(b) Granda is one of the greats of his time.
(c) How much Jamie loves Granda.
(d) How much Granda's life has meant to Jamie.
12. How are Jamie's visits with Granda characterized?
13. Which of the following does NOT describe Granda's behavior with Jamie?
14. What does Jamie note about Gran's friends?
(a) None of them is still alive.
(b) They all work part time.
(c) They are all widowed.
(d) They are in nursing homes.
15. What is Fergus McCluskey in charge of?
(a) Healthcare for the elderly.
(b) The demolition of Hugh's buildings.
(c) Meals on Wheels.
(d) The condo board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Jamie see in Granda's eyes on Christmas night?
2. What does Granda do while lying in bed?
3. In what city does Fergus McCluskey do his work?
4. What do Jamie and Gran try to feed Granda on Christmas night?
5. How long has Jamie been visiting his grandparents when he receives a letter from his girlfriend?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)