|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a place Jamie takes Granda in a wheelchair?
(a) The pub.
(b) The horse races.
(c) A museum
2. In what city does Fergus McCluskey do his work?
3. What seasonal decoration does Jamie put out for Gran and Granda?
(a) Christmas tree.
(b) Halloween pumpkins.
(c) Easter baskets.
(d) New Year's hats.
4. After talking to Karen, what does Jamie determine?
(a) He is going to propose to her.
(b) He will leave for home tomorrow.
(c) Maybe he can be a father after all.
(d) He wants to end their relationship.
5. Where does Jamie meet his mother while in Glasgow?
(a) Glasgow Museum of Art.
(b) The Railway Club.
(d) Balmoral Business Bureau.
6. On what matter did Jamie's wishes overrule Karen's?
(a) Getting a dog.
(b) Buying a new car.
(c) An abortion.
(d) Their apartment.
7. How would Granda feel if he were to hear the accusations against him?
(d) Hurt and angry.
8. From whom does Jamie receive a phone call regarding Granda's buildings?
(a) Iam McShane.
(b) James McGowan.
(c) Fergus McCluskey.
(d) Fergus MacDougall.
9. What does Jamie do after his Granda dies?
(a) Talks with a priest.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Makes phone calls.
(d) Writes an obituary.
10. Why is Jamie concerned when Granda tells him a story about a visit from John MacLean while in the Housing Commission office?
(a) John MacLean moved to America before Granda took the Housing Commission job.
(b) John MacLean had an affair with Gran.
(c) Granda never knew anyone named John MacLean.
(d) John MacLean died before Granda took the Housing Commission job.
11. What is Jamie's mother doing with her friends when he finds her?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Singing karaoke.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Having coffee.
12. Which of the following does NOT describe Granda's behavior with Jamie?
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the characteristics that makes Jamie love Karen?
(a) Her laughter.
(b) Her orderliness.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her handwriting.
14. What becomes an important element throughout Jamie's life?
(b) Love of money.
(c) Cleanliness and orderliness.
15. What does Jamie's generation feel the need to do while also tearing down old buildings?
(a) Generate PR about it.
(b) Notify the architects.
(c) Criticize the construction.
(d) Implement plans for parking garages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karen tell Jamie about his accent?
2. Which author's poetry does Jamie read?
3. What type of businessman did Jamie consider Granda to be?
4. Why did Granda always cut corners?
5. What do those close to Granda know about the personal accusations against him?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)