|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Granda Hugh and Gran Margaret?
(a) Jamie's tutors.
(b) Robert's brother and sister.
(c) Jamie's aunt and uncle.
(d) Jamie's grandparents.
2. What awakens Jamie in the house one night?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) Robert beating Alice.
(c) Someone breaking in.
(d) Ambulance sirens.
3. What does Mrs. Drake send with Jamie on his trip?
(a) A basket of sandwiches.
(b) A bit of candy.
(c) A good book.
(d) A photo of herself.
4. Which of the following does Jamie NOT do when arriving at his grandparents' flat?
(a) Chats with Gran.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Drinks tea.
(d) Warms himself by the fire.
5. What was Granda's mother's name?
6. Why did Thomas leave Scotland?
(a) To go on sabbatical.
(b) To get a better job.
(c) To join the English troops in war.
(d) To go to university in England.
7. How old is Jamie when Part 1, Chapter 2 begins?
8. What is the weather like when Jamie returns home?
9. Where is Granda when Jamie arrives at his grandparents' home?
(a) Eating lunch in the kitchen.
(b) Watching TV in the den.
(c) In bed.
(d) At a cafe.
10. What does Granda insist that Jamie do?
(a) Leave and never come back.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Make coffee.
(d) Stay by his bedside.
11. Who did Hugh marry?
(a) Mary Ann.
12. What is NOT mentioned as being a part of Gran's bedroom?
(a) A Bible.
(b) Little flowers.
(c) Books and articles.
(d) Chintz curtains.
13. What word best describes Jamie's childhood in his mind?
14. What is Jamie's father's name?
15. Which of the following do Granda Hugh and Gran Margaret NOT know much about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Famie despise after her husband's death in the war?
2. What is Jamie's mood as the story begins?
3. What do the teenagers notice about Jamie?
4. What is Jamie's mother's name?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Gran's home?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)