|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Hugh's childhood hero?
(a) John Wheatley.
(c) Granda Hugh.
2. What takes the place of drinking and shouting in Jamie's life when he lives with his grandparents?
(a) Building projects.
(b) Going on vacations.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) Art projects.
3. What important position did Hugh take after the war?
(a) Mayor of Glasgow.
(b) Red Cross President.
(c) Corporation Advisor on Building.
(d) City Councilman.
4. Why does Jamie tell his mother he cannot walk one morning?
(a) He doesn't want to go to town with his father.
(b) He awakens with sore legs.
(c) He doesn't want to go to school.
(d) He doesn't want to go to rugby practice.
5. What is Jamie's mood as the story begins?
6. What do the teenagers notice about Jamie?
(a) His haircut.
(b) His accent.
(c) His designer luggage.
(d) His clothes.
7. What awakens Jamie in the house one night?
(a) Someone breaking in.
(b) Robert beating Alice.
(c) Barking dogs.
(d) Ambulance sirens.
8. How does Jamie feel toward his mother?
9. What was Granda's mother's name?
10. Where is Jamie's childhood home?
(a) Ayrshire, Scotland.
(b) Edinburgh, Scotland.
(c) Dublin, Ireland.
(d) Liverpool, England.
11. What was Hugh's father's first name?
12. What is Jamie's father's name?
13. Which of the following does NOT describe Gran's home?
14. Who are Granda Hugh and Gran Margaret?
(a) Jamie's grandparents.
(b) Jamie's tutors.
(c) Jamie's aunt and uncle.
(d) Robert's brother and sister.
15. In what country has Jamie been living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie's mother promise Jamie?
2. What name did Hugh earn in his new position after the war?
3. What job does Robert get at the Ferguson Boys School?
4. Who approaches Jamie as he steps off the train?
5. What do the teenagers question Jamie about?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)