|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hugh's wife work after she moved to Glasgow?
(a) A dress shop.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The mayor's office.
(d) A flower shop.
2. What seemed to improve Famie's mental health?
(a) A good friend.
(b) Going back to college.
(c) A career.
(d) Hugh's birth.
3. How are Jamie's visits with Granda characterized?
4. What is not working properly in Granda and Gran's building?
(a) The porch light.
(b) The elevator.
(c) The doorbell.
(d) The alarm system.
5. Where is Granda when Jamie arrives at his grandparents' home?
(a) In bed.
(b) Eating lunch in the kitchen.
(c) Watching TV in the den.
(d) At a cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Hugh's childhood hero?
2. What takes the place of drinking and shouting in Jamie's life when he lives with his grandparents?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Jamie's mother when she spends the afternoon with him?
4. Which of the following is NOT a place Jamie takes Granda in a wheelchair?
5. Where does Jamie's girlfriend live?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)