|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the priest's eulogy able to do?
(a) Console the mourners.
(b) Calm Jamie's nerves.
(c) Stir up more grief for Gran.
(d) Clear Granda's name of the misappropriation accusations.
2. How old is Jamie Bawn at the beginning of the story?
3. Part 1, Chapter 3 covers whose early years?
4. What does Mrs. Drake send with Jamie on his trip?
(a) A photo of herself.
(b) A basket of sandwiches.
(c) A good book.
(d) A bit of candy.
5. Where does Granda want Jamie to be?
(a) Close to Gran.
(b) At his bedside.
(c) Back home.
(d) At a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Gran bring up during Christmas dinner with Jamie?
2. What seems to be the only part of Granda which has not changed?
3. Who did Famie despise after her husband's death in the war?
4. What does Jamie notice about the buildings his Granda had constructed?
5. What does Jamie secretly take the train to watch?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)