|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the boy from Jude's math class who always wears the space t-shirts?
2. Why is math class tough for Jude?
(a) She is behind in Geometry.
(b) She does not know how to explain her answers even though she can do the work.
(c) She is behind in Algebra.
(d) The methods of math are different in the U.S. than in Syria.
3. What does Sarah say to Jude before they go to meet up with Sarah's friends?
(a) Don't get angry.
(b) Don't be weird.
(c) Speak English.
(d) Don't say any words to my friends.
4. Who is the girl in school who gets the best parts in the school plays?
(a) Abigail Beth Malone.
(b) Lori Felts.
(c) Maebelle Maynard.
(d) Rishina Murray.
5. What is the Arabic word for "girl"?
6. What does Aunt Michelle start calling Jude in Part III?
7. What does Jude's favorite street in her neighborhood feel like to her?
(a) Like home.
(b) Like hot chocolate.
(c) Like a rainbow.
(d) Like the whole world is living there.
8. What does Jude find in Mama's room in Part IV that infuriates her?
(a) Her CDs.
(b) Her letters to Fatima that Mama never sent.
(c) Letters from Issa to her.
(d) Letters from Baba to her.
9. Who says she wants to work on the sets for the school play while everyone is sledding in Part IV?
10. Where are Layla's parents from?
(d) The United Arab Emirates.
11. Why does Jude cry in the Middle Eastern restaurant her first visit there?
(a) The waiter's name is Issa.
(b) She smells hummus for the first time since she was in Syria.
(c) There is a teapot just like Auntie Amal's.
(d) The cook looks just like her own father.
12. Why is Jude a little angry as she starts her tryout?
(a) Mrs. Bloom mispronounces her last name.
(b) Mrs. Bloom is late to the audition.
(c) Mrs. Bloom tells her to speak slowly.
(d) Mrs. Bloom tells her her English is a bit hard to understand.
13. What does Jude say she is thankful for ahead of Thanksgiving?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousin Sarah.
(c) Her new baby sister.
(d) Her Aunt Michelle.
14. What does Layla tell Jude about the school play?
(a) She can not try out.
(b) She has to get her father's permission to try out.
(c) She has to pay fifty dollars in order to try out.
(d) She has to get her mother's permission to try out.
15. Why did Fatima and Amal move out of Syria?
(a) Fatima's Baba lost his job and it was getting too dangerous.
(b) Their house was bombed.
(c) They needed to visit relatives in Lebanon.
(d) They were in danger of being arrested in Syria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Sarah to take Jude along with her friends in Part III?
2. What does Aunt Michelle say she wishes Mazin would do with Sarah?
3. What does Jude notice in Baba's eyes when he sees her for the first time on the video call in her hijab?
4. What color is Jude's new coat that Aunt Michelle buys for her?
5. Where does Sarah go sledding with her friends in Part III?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)