|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joel write a letter to at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Little Sunshine.
2. What is the name of the old Negro pygmy who offers Joel a ride to his father's house?
(a) Jesus Fever.
(b) John Brown.
(d) Little Sunshine.
3. What is the name of the home to which Joel is moving in Chapter 1?
(a) The Princely Place.
(b) Skully's Landing.
(c) Drowning Pond.
(d) The Cloud Hotel.
4. What color is the tennis ball that rolls into the room in Chapter 4?
5. How old is Joel at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the woman who owned the hotel that Little Sunshine lives in, die?
2. To which place does the eccentric hermit tell Joel he must come to retrieve the item he wants to make for him?
3. Who does Joel realize the world must have a grudge against in addition to him during the religious service?
4. What is the name of the body of water that Joel must cross to retrieve the item the eccentric hermit wishes to make for him?
5. Who does Randolph tell Joel has been filling him with too many stories in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Randolph describe his life with Dolores after they fall in love?
2. How does Amy react when she learns Joel tried to run away?
3. What does Zoo do after Jesus Fever dies?
4. What does Amy tell Joel regarding the history of his bedroom?
5. How are Joel and Idabel's bathing in the river described?
6. How is the photo of Joel's father in his prime described?
7. How does Idabel describe a tombstone that reads "Toby, killed by the cat" to Joel?
8. How does Randolph comfort Joel at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. How is Joel's haircut given by Zoo described?
10. Why do Idabel and Florabel fight over a dog named Henry?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)