|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel go with Idabel to do in Chapter 7?
(c) To see music.
(d) To eat.
2. What does Randolph tell Joel that his letter writing to Pepe brings him?
(a) A sense of peace.
3. Who joins Joel in the room after his haircut?
(c) Little Sunshine.
4. Which of the following things do Joel and Idabel not discuss in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Idabel want Joel to go with her so they can run away together?
(a) The traveling carnival.
(b) Noon City.
(c) The Cloud Hotel.
(d) Drowning Pond.
6. What emotion does Idabel tighten with when her and Joel encounter a couple in the woods?
7. Who reveals to Joel in Chapter 6 that they were the one shooting the gun?
8. What does Jesus Fever experience after falling ill in Chapter 9?
9. How does Randolph describe the dreams his girlfriend had that he saw in a dream book?
10. What does Joel's father drop from his hand at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) The tennis ball.
(b) A glass.
(c) A ring.
(d) A rosary.
11. How many days do Randolph and Amy wait to have Jesus Fever's funeral?
12. What does Joel strap on before joining his friend outside in Chapter 10?
(a) A vest.
(b) A watergun.
(c) A gun.
(d) A Civil War sword.
13. Who does the person who gave Joel a haircut leave to tend to?
(c) Jesus Fever.
14. Joel concludes that his father is nothing but ______________ when he tries to envision him as a vital man.
(a) A pair of eyes.
(b) A limp body.
(c) A cane.
(d) A red ball.
15. Who tells Joel that Zoo will never return after she leaves the Landing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joel do to the person who gave him his haircut after?
2. Who whistles for Joel to come outside when he is sitting with his father after Jesus Fever's death?
3. When he runs away, what does Joel leave a bottle of for Randolph?
4. Who does Joel find lying in a bed in Chapter 6?
5. What is Joel squeamish about in Chapter 7 when he is with Idabel?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)