|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joel concludes that his father is nothing but ______________ when he tries to envision him as a vital man.
(a) A pair of eyes.
(b) A cane.
(c) A limp body.
(d) A red ball.
2. Who does Joel hide from at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Angela Lee.
(b) Miss Wisteria.
(d) Annie Rose.
3. What does Joel strap on before joining his friend outside in Chapter 10?
(a) A vest.
(b) A gun.
(c) A watergun.
(d) A Civil War sword.
4. How old is the midget who Joel and Idabel meet?
5. Who whistles for Joel to come outside when he is sitting with his father after Jesus Fever's death?
6. Who does Randolph tell Joel he found himself attracted to other than his girlfriend?
(a) Annie Rose.
(c) Angela Lee.
7. Whose daughter did the tombstone Idabel and Joel come up on belong to?
(c) Jesus Fever's.
8. Who became Pepe Alvarez's lover?
(d) Annie Rose.
9. How old was the person whose tombstone Idabel and Joel come up on?
(a) A yound child.
(b) An infant.
(c) A teenager.
(d) An adult.
10. What does Randolph make no apologies for to Joel while painting him?
(a) The noise.
(b) The smell.
(c) The clutter.
(d) The temperature.
11. Who invites Joel in the room after he retrieves some water in Chapter 6?
12. Which of the following things do Joel and Idabel not discuss in Chapter 7?
13. What is used to cut Joel's hair?
(b) A razor blade.
(c) A knife.
(d) Garden shears.
14. Who does Randolph discover his girlfriend ran away with after his first homosexual experience?
15. What occupation did Pepe Alvarez have?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A waiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he runs away, what does Joel leave a bottle of for Randolph?
2. Who lends no help during the burial of Jesus Fever?
3. Who finds Joel hiding in the woods at the beginning of Chapter 7?
4. What does Joel go with Idabel to do in Chapter 7?
5. What does Joel realize his father is when he first sees him in Chapter 6?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)