|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Randolph tell Joel has been filling him with too many stories in Chapter 4?
(a) Little Sunshine.
2. What does Joel catch sight of on Zoo during the religious service?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A scar on her stomach.
(c) The scar on her neck.
(d) A gash in her leg.
3. What kind of bird does Amy chase around Joel's room?
(c) Blue jay.
4. In Chapter 2, who does Amy tell Joel had planned a party in his honor the night before but that he had missed?
(a) Keg Brown.
(b) Jesus Fever.
5. While Amy plays music in Chapter 4, what does Randolf whisper to Joel?
(a) That he is in love with him.
(b) That he hates him.
(c) That his father is dead.
(d) That he hopes he likes him.
6. Whose marriage does Randolph discuss with Joel in Chapter 4?
(a) His and Dolores'.
(b) Zoo and Keg's.
(c) Ed and Amy's.
(d) Jesus Fever and Angela Lee's.
7. What is Idabel going to retrieve from the creek in Chapter 5?
(a) Some shoes.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A rope.
(d) Her dog.
8. Who does Joel realize the world must have a grudge against in addition to him during the religious service?
(a) Jesus Fever.
9. What is the occupation of the local who offers Joel a nickel if he will stop a girl from throwing rocks at his shop?
(a) A cook.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A barber.
10. What is the name of the mule that Joel rides on to his father's house?
(d) John Brown.
11. What is Joel's father's name?
(a) Keg Brown.
(b) Ed Samson.
(c) John Brown.
(d) Sydney Katz.
12. To which place does the eccentric hermit tell Joel he must come to retrieve the item he wants to make for him?
(a) The town square.
(b) The riverbank.
(c) The local bar.
(d) His house.
13. What is Joel doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Doing chores.
14. Who is described as a slight, dowdy woman in Chapter 2?
(a) Annie Rose.
15. What does Randolph and Amy's circuitous conversation force Joel to enter in Chapter 4?
(b) A coma-like state.
(c) To become sick.
(d) His own imaginary place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joel talk to at the end of the religious service?
2. Who is appalled that Joel is not offended by Idabel's actions and habits?
3. What did Jesus Fever's granddaughter's first husband do to her in a rage on the first night of their marriage?
4. What does Amy tell Joel that the house doesn't have because Randolph doesn't approve of it?
5. What does Jesus Fever's granddaughter tell Joel he must attend on Sunday afternoons in Chapter 2?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)