|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel decide someone has against him when he first reverts inward during the religious service?
(a) A grudge.
(c) A curse.
2. What does Amy request to do that brings Joel out of his head in Chapter 4?
(a) To eat dinner.
(b) To be read to.
(c) Permission to play an instrument.
(d) For Joel to meet his father.
3. What breaks the tension in the room for Joel in Chapter 4 while Amy is playing an instrument?
(a) A noise upstairs.
(b) The piano being played.
(d) A bell ringing.
4. Who does Joel ask questions about to Amy that she ignores in Chapter 2?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) Jesus Fever.
5. What is the name of the man Jesus Fever's granddaughter married?
(c) John Brown.
6. Who pretends not to see the tennis ball in the room in Chapter 4?
7. What instrument does Amy play in Chapter 4?
(b) The pianola.
8. What is Joel's middle name?
9. What is the occupation of the local who offers Joel a nickel if he will stop a girl from throwing rocks at his shop?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A barber.
(c) A cook.
(d) A sheriff.
10. Who moves closer to Joel on the sofa while Amy plays music in Chapter 4?
11. Who does Randolph tell Joel has been filling him with too many stories in Chapter 4?
(d) Little Sunshine.
12. What does Randolph drink at dinner in Chapter 4?
13. To where does Jesus Fever's granddaughter tell Joel she plans to move after her grandfather dies?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
14. How many gunshots does Joel hear at the end of Chapter 5?
15. What does Joel try and avoid when going inside his head?
(a) Uncomfortable circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose marriage does Randolph discuss with Joel in Chapter 4?
2. Who insists that the prayer service not end after it is interrupted in Chapter 3?
3. What does Amy tell Joel that the house doesn't have because Randolph doesn't approve of it?
4. Who does Florabel tell Joel has a crush on him?
5. What is the name of Idabel's dog?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)