|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to happen to anyone who crosses the pond near Little Sunshine's home?
(a) They die.
(b) They are barren.
(c) They become homeless.
(d) They are then haunted.
2. What does Amy tell Joel that the house doesn't have because Randolph doesn't approve of it?
(a) Paintings and decorations.
(c) Plumbing and electricity.
3. What is the name of Idabel's twin sister?
4. Who pretends not to see the tennis ball in the room in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of Randolph's mother?
(b) Annie Rose.
(c) Angela Lee.
6. Who does Joel realize the world must have a grudge against in addition to him during the religious service?
(b) Jesus Fever.
7. What is the name of the owner of the café who asks Sam to give Joel a ride?
(a) Ed Samson.
(b) Sam Radclif.
(c) Sydney Katz.
(d) Roberta V. Lacey.
8. Who is appalled that Joel is not offended by Idabel's actions and habits?
(c) Angela Lee.
9. In Chapter 2, who does Amy tell Joel had planned a party in his honor the night before but that he had missed?
(a) Jesus Fever.
(b) Keg Brown.
10. What is Joel's middle name?
11. What is the name of the hotel in which Little Sunshine lives?
(a) The Pond Hotel.
(b) The Noon Hotel.
(c) The Cloud Hotel.
(d) The Star Hotel.
12. What is the name of the man Jesus Fever's granddaughter married?
(b) John Brown.
13. What is the name of the company the truck driver in the opening scene works for?
(a) Skully's Landing.
(b) Noon City.
(c) Turpentine Company.
(d) Princely Place.
14. Who moves closer to Joel on the sofa while Amy plays music in Chapter 4?
15. What is the name of the nasty red haired girl Joel tries to apprehend for a local man in Chapter 1?
(a) Florabel Thompkins.
(b) Miss Wisteria.
(c) Idabel Thompkins.
(d) Annie Rose Kupperman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joel encounter preening on the front porch after running into Zoo in Chapter 5?
2. What does the item that the eccentric hermit brings to Zoo supposed to have?
3. Who throws the religious service in Chapter 3?
4. What instrument does Amy play in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of Idabel's dog?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)