|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company the truck driver in the opening scene works for?
(a) Noon City.
(b) Turpentine Company.
(c) Princely Place.
(d) Skully's Landing.
2. What is shouted to the Lord during the religious service?
(a) Praise and prayers.
(b) Beggings for needs.
3. What is the name of the mule that Joel rides on to his father's house?
(d) John Brown.
4. In what state is Paradise Chapel located?
5. What is said to happen to anyone who crosses the pond near Little Sunshine's home?
(a) They become homeless.
(b) They are barren.
(c) They are then haunted.
(d) They die.
6. What is Joel's middle name?
7. What kind of answers are given to Joel's questions about a strange woman he saw in Chapter 4?
8. What is the occupation of the local who offers Joel a nickel if he will stop a girl from throwing rocks at his shop?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A cook.
(c) A barber.
(d) A sheriff.
9. What is the name of the nasty red haired girl Joel tries to apprehend for a local man in Chapter 1?
(a) Florabel Thompkins.
(b) Miss Wisteria.
(c) Idabel Thompkins.
(d) Annie Rose Kupperman.
10. What did Jesus Fever's granddaughter's first husband do to her in a rage on the first night of their marriage?
(a) Punches her.
(b) Shoots her.
(c) Stabs her in the stomach.
(d) Slit her throat.
11. Who does Joel ask questions about to Amy that she ignores in Chapter 2?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Jesus Fever.
12. What time does Joel finally emerge from his room on his first day at the Landing?
(a) 8 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) Past noon.
13. What does Jesus Fever's granddaughter tell Joel he must attend on Sunday afternoons in Chapter 2?
(a) A nature trek.
(b) Sunday dinner.
(c) Civil ceremony.
(d) Religious service.
14. What does the eccentric hermit tell Joel in Chapter 5 that he wants to make for him?
(a) A charm.
(b) A good luck charm.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A hat.
15. What does Joel pray for at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) To be loved.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To be normal.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Jesus Fever's granddaughter married?
2. How old is Joel at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Joel try and avoid when going inside his head?
4. What does Joel place in a box along with a feather that he had taken from Sam Radclif's truck?
5. How old does Jesus Fever's granddaughter say she was when she was first married?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)