Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
2. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
3. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
4. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
Essay Topic 1
Othello is outraged when he overhears a conversation between Iago and Cassio. Explain this scene. How does Othello react to this conversation? Why does he feel this way? How does this one conversation change the outcome of the entire play?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
Essay Topic 3
Othello is a black man in power. How does this major feature about him affect the people around him? What are people's first impressions of him? Does his skin color change the way people think about him? Why or why not? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)