|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
2. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
3. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
4. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
5. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
2. Why does Iago stab and kill Roderigo?
3. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
4. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
5. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
6. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
7. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
9. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
10. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
Essay Topic 2
What are Othello's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Othello is a black man in power. How does this major feature about him affect the people around him? What are people's first impressions of him? Does his skin color change the way people think about him? Why or why not? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)