|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
2. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
3. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
4. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
5. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
4. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
5. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
6. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
7. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
8. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
9. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
10. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Iago uses many different lies to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these lies, and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in two different cities. Compare and contrast these two cities. How do these different locations affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)