|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
2. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
3. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
4. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
5. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Iago has a very specific description of his idea of the perfect woman. What is this description, and what does this suggest about Iago's character? Compare/contrast Iago's idea of the perfect woman to another character's thoughts on the subject.
Essay Topic 2
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)