|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
4. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
5. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Desdemona say as she is dying and how does this statement affect Othello? How do these last words change the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
Essay Topic 3
The title of this play can be a little misleading to some people. Why is this? What are some other titles that might be more fitting? Why are these titles more suitable to the text than the original? Make sure to support your ideas with examples from the text.
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)