|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
2. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
3. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
4. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
5. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
2. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
3. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
4. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
5. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
6. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
7. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
8. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
9. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
10. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Othello endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the tragedy. What lessons does Othello learn through this experience? How does he learn these lessons? How could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief? Do you think Othello deserved what he got in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)