|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
3. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
5. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
2. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
3. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
4. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
6. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
7. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
8. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
9. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
10. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of this play can be a little misleading to some people. Why is this? What are some other titles that might be more fitting? Why are these titles more suitable to the text than the original? Make sure to support your ideas with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Iago has a very specific description of his idea of the perfect woman. What is this description, and what does this suggest about Iago's character? Compare/contrast Iago's idea of the perfect woman to another character's thoughts on the subject.
Essay Topic 3
Why might Shakespeare have allowed Iago to live at the end of the play when so many others died? What kind of message does this send? Should Iago have been killed? Why or why not?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)