|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
2. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
3. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
4. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
2. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
4. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
5. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
6. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
7. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
8. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
9. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and analyze each one's main motivation(s) throughout the play and how their individual goals affect the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What does Desdemona say as she is dying and how does this statement affect Othello? How do these last words change the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)