|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
2. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
3. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
4. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
5. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
2. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
3. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
4. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
5. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
7. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
8. What does Iago tell Othello he heard from Cassio while he is talking to Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
9. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by jealousy react?
Essay Topic 3
Othello is outraged when he overhears a conversation between Iago and Cassio. Explain this scene. How does Othello react to this conversation? Why does he feel this way? How does this one conversation change the outcome of the entire play?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)