|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
2. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
3. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
4. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
5. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Iago stab and kill Roderigo?
2. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
3. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
4. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
5. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
6. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
7. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
8. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
9. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
10. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is involved in the attack on Cassio, and what do they have to gain by doing this? How does this night alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Emilia has her own theory for why some women cheat on their husbands. What is this theory? What are her validations for this? How does Desdemona feel about Emilia's theory? How do the characters' different opinions display themselves by the way the two women live their lives?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)