|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
2. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
3. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
4. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
5. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
2. What does Desdemona call Iago when she is talking with Cassio about getting his job back?
3. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
4. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
5. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
6. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
7. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
8. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
9. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
10. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Othello endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the tragedy. What lessons does Othello learn through this experience? How does he learn these lessons? How could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief? Do you think Othello deserved what he got in the end? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
Essay Topic 3
Iago has a very specific description of his idea of the perfect woman. What is this description, and what does this suggest about Iago's character? Compare/contrast Iago's idea of the perfect woman to another character's thoughts on the subject.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)