|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
3. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
4. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
5. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
2. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
3. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
4. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
5. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
6. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
7. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
8. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
10. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Iago has a very specific description of his idea of the perfect woman. What is this description, and what does this suggest about Iago's character? Compare/contrast Iago's idea of the perfect woman to another character's thoughts on the subject.
Essay Topic 2
Emilia has her own theory for why some women cheat on their husbands. What is this theory? What are her validations for this? How does Desdemona feel about Emilia's theory? How do the characters' different opinions display themselves by the way the two women live their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)