|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
2. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
3. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
4. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
5. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
2. What does Iago tell Othello he heard from Cassio while he is talking to Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
4. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
5. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
6. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
7. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
8. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
9. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
10. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
Essay Topic 2
Iago uses many different lies to complete his horrible goals. What are some of these lies, and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
Bianca was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Bianca had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)