|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
3. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
4. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
2. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
3. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
4. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
5. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
6. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
7. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
8. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
9. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
10. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Desdemona say as she is dying and how does this statement affect Othello? How do these last words change the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Iago has a very specific description of his idea of the perfect woman. What is this description, and what does this suggest about Iago's character? Compare/contrast Iago's idea of the perfect woman to another character's thoughts on the subject.
Essay Topic 3
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)