|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
2. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
3. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
4. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
5. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
Essay Topic 1
Emilia has her own theory for why some women cheat on their husbands. What is this theory? What are her validations for this? How does Desdemona feel about Emilia's theory? How do the characters' different opinions display themselves by the way the two women live their lives?
Essay Topic 2
This book is set in two different cities. Compare and contrast these two cities. How do these different locations affect the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Bianca was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Bianca had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)