|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
2. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
3. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
4. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
Essay Topic 1
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by jealousy react?
Essay Topic 3
Othello is a black man in power. How does this major feature about him affect the people around him? What are people's first impressions of him? Does his skin color change the way people think about him? Why or why not? Make sure you support your answers with examples from the text.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)