|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
3. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
4. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
5. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
2. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
5. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
6. What does Desdemona call Iago when she is talking with Cassio about getting his job back?
7. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
8. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
9. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Emilia has her own theory for why some women cheat on their husbands. What is this theory? What are her validations for this? How does Desdemona feel about Emilia's theory? How do the characters' different opinions display themselves by the way the two women live their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
Essay Topic 3
What are Othello's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the play?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)