|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
2. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
3. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
4. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
2. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
3. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
4. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
5. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
6. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
7. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
8. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
9. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
10. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are Othello's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
The title of this play can be a little misleading to some people. Why is this? What are some other titles that might be more fitting? Why are these titles more suitable to the text than the original? Make sure to support your ideas with examples from the text.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)