|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shortest scene in the book?
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
4. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
4. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
5. What does the Duke decide to do after he has heard Othello and Brabantio's sides of the case against Othello?
6. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
7. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
8. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
9. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
10. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is involved in the attack on Cassio, and what do they have to gain by doing this? How does this night alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Emilia has her own theory for why some women cheat on their husbands. What is this theory? What are her validations for this? How does Desdemona feel about Emilia's theory? How do the characters' different opinions display themselves by the way the two women live their lives?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)