|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
4. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
5. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago plan to make Othello believe after the trial is over?
2. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
3. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
5. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
6. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
7. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
8. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
9. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
10. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and analyze each one's main motivation(s) throughout the play and how their individual goals affect the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What does Desdemona say as she is dying and how does this statement affect Othello? How do these last words change the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)