|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Iago from?
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
5. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
2. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
3. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
5. What does Iago plan to make Othello believe after the trial is over?
6. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
7. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
8. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
9. What does Emilia tell Cassio when he asks her to put in a good word for him with Desdemona?
10. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is involved in the attack on Cassio, and what do they have to gain by doing this? How does this night alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What does Desdemona say as she is dying and how does this statement affect Othello? How do these last words change the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Cassio is a very integral part of this plot. How does Cassio and his actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think he is aware of what he is doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)