Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
2. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
5. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
6. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
7. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
8. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
9. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
Essay Topic 1
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is a pretty strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by jealousy react?
Essay Topic 3
What role does the handkerchief play in the story and/or what does it symbolize? How is the plot altered by the presence of the handkerchief?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)