|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
2. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago when she is talking with Cassio about getting his job back?
2. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
3. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
4. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
5. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
6. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
7. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
8. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
9. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
10. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
Essay Topic 2
Emilia has her own theory for why some women cheat on their husbands. What is this theory? What are her validations for this? How does Desdemona feel about Emilia's theory? How do the characters' different opinions display themselves by the way the two women live their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Othello is outraged when he overhears a conversation between Iago and Cassio. Explain this scene. How does Othello react to this conversation? Why does he feel this way? How does this one conversation change the outcome of the entire play?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)