|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
2. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
5. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
6. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
7. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
8. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
9. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
Essay Topic 1
Othello asks Desdemona a question before he kills her. What is this question and why does Othello feel it was so necessary? What does this reveal about Othello's character?
Essay Topic 2
What are Othello's final words, and what do they imply? How do these words sum up the entire theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
The title of this play can be a little misleading to some people. Why is this? What are some other titles that might be more fitting? Why are these titles more suitable to the text than the original? Make sure to support your ideas with examples from the text.
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)