|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(a) The Duke's wife.
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Duke.
3. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
(a) Forgives him for his rash behavior.
(b) Packs her things to leave in the morning.
(c) Goes to bed and dismisses Emilia.
(d) Waits in the parlor for him to return.
4. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
5. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
(a) Humans are not meant to have just one lover.
(b) Women need more than one man to be satisfied.
(c) Men have short attention spans.
(d) Women are wily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
2. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
3. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
4. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
5. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
3. What does Iago tell Othello he heard from Cassio while he is talking to Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
4. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
5. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
6. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
7. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
8. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
10. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)