|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(b) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
(c) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
(d) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
2. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(b) Thank him for his service.
(c) Order him to leave.
(d) Promote him to lieutenant.
3. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
4. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(b) The Duke.
5. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(b) Endearing men to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
2. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
3. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
4. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
5. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
2. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
3. Why does Iago stab and kill Roderigo?
4. What does Iago tell Othello he heard from Cassio while he is talking to Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
6. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
7. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
8. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
9. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
10. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)