|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(b) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(c) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(d) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
2. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A note.
(c) A piece of lace.
(d) A ring.
3. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 4.
(b) Act 3, Scene 2.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 3, Scene 3.
4. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) A street walker.
(c) The Duke's wife.
5. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(d) Rash judgement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
2. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
3. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
4. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
5. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
2. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
3. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
4. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
5. What does Iago tell Othello he heard from Cassio while he is talking to Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
6. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
7. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
8. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
9. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
10. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)