|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
(a) He is very angry at Cassio's betrayal.
(b) He is worried over matters of the state.
(c) He is filled with jealousy.
(d) He is afraid of his upcoming battle now that he has a wife.
2. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
(b) A message from the Duke.
(c) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(d) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
3. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(a) A rope.
(b) A knife.
(c) A decree of divorce.
4. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(b) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(c) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(d) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
5. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(b) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(c) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(d) Write a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
2. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
3. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
4. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
5. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
2. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
3. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
4. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
5. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
6. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
7. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
8. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
9. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
10. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)