|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
(a) Humans are not meant to have just one lover.
(b) Men have short attention spans.
(c) Women are wily.
(d) Women need more than one man to be satisfied.
2. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Present evidence.
(b) Listen to her response.
(d) Threaten her.
3. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Iago wants Cassio's job.
(b) Cassio has offended him deeply.
(c) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
(d) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
4. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
5. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
(b) It always works itself out in the end.
(c) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
(d) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
2. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
3. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
4. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)