|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Othello wants to kill her.
(b) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
(c) Her happy marriage is over.
(d) Othello is having an affair.
2. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) News from Venice.
(b) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(c) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
(d) Having an affair.
3. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(b) She tries to get him to stay.
(c) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(d) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
4. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(c) The Duke.
5. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
(b) To play the part of the faithful servant.
(c) To kill Cassio.
(d) To divorce his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
4. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
5. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
2. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
3. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
4. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
5. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
6. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
8. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
9. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
10. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)