|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(d) He had to complete important business.
2. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
(a) He is filled with jealousy.
(b) He is very angry at Cassio's betrayal.
(c) He is worried over matters of the state.
(d) He is afraid of his upcoming battle now that he has a wife.
3. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Some papers.
(b) Orders for Cassio.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
4. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(b) Appeal to Othello himself.
(c) Have patience.
(d) Buy Othello a gift.
5. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(b) Rash judgement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
2. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
3. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
4. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
5. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)