|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(d) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
2. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Orders for Cassio.
(b) Some papers.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
3. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 1.
(b) Act 3, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) Act 3, Scene 2.
4. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she is a very greedy woman.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That she will always get her way with him.
(d) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
5. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(b) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(c) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(d) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
2. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
3. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
4. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
5. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)