|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He hates to see her so upset.
(b) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(c) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(d) He does not want her to run away.
2. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(b) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(c) He is racist against all moors.
(d) He wants revenge.
3. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
4. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
(a) Roderigo bleeding in a jail cell.
(b) Cassio wounded in the street.
(c) Cassio with another woman.
(d) A note from Iago.
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
(b) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
(c) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(d) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
3. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
4. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
5. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)