|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(b) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(c) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(d) He exults over his power of manipulation.
2. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(b) To confer with the Duke.
(c) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(d) To inspect the fortifications.
3. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
(b) To divorce his wife.
(c) To kill Cassio.
(d) To play the part of the faithful servant.
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(b) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(c) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(d) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
5. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She tries to get him to stay.
(b) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(c) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(d) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
3. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
4. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
2. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
3. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
4. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
5. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
6. Why does Iago stab and kill Roderigo?
7. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
8. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
9. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
10. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)