|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Kill Cassio.
2. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
(b) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
(c) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(d) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
3. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she will always get her way with him.
(c) That she is a very greedy woman.
(d) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
4. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(b) He does not want her to run away.
(c) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
5. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Return it to Desdemona.
(c) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(d) Steal it.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
2. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
3. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
4. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
5. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
2. What does Desdemona call Iago when she is talking with Cassio about getting his job back?
3. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
4. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
5. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
6. What does Desdemona do while getting ready for bed after dinner?
7. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
8. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
9. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What is Bianca surprised to see Cassio with when we first see her in the play?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)