|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) The clown.
(b) A servant.
(c) A messenger.
(d) The Duke's messenger.
2. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(b) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(c) To inspect the fortifications.
(d) To confer with the Duke.
3. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(b) Rash judgement.
4. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
(b) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(c) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
(d) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
5. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(b) Affairs of the state.
(c) He is having an affair of his own.
(d) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
4. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
5. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago when she is talking with Cassio about getting his job back?
2. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
3. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
4. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
5. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
6. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
7. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
8. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
9. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
10. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)