|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(d) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
2. What does Othello do after reading his letter from the Duke that Lodovico brings?
(b) Sends a policeman to arrest Cassio.
(c) Slaps Desdemona.
(d) Rips the letter to shreds.
3. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Orders for Cassio.
(b) A letter.
(c) A package.
(d) Some papers.
4. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(c) The Duke's wife.
5. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has been pure and innocent.
(b) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
(c) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(d) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
2. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
3. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
4. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
2. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
3. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
4. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
6. What is Emilia's response to the question Othello asks about Desdemona?
7. Who told Iago to kill Cassio?
8. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
9. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
10. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)