|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
(b) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(c) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
(d) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
2. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The harsh reality of the world.
(b) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
(c) The consequences of remaining naive.
(d) The true nature of marriage.
3. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Appeal to Othello himself.
(b) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(c) Have patience.
(d) Buy Othello a gift.
4. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(d) Endearing men to her.
5. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Find a police man to arrest him.
(b) Find a weapon to kill him with.
(c) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
(d) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
3. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
4. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
5. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
2. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
3. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
5. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
6. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
7. Why does Iago stab and kill Roderigo?
8. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
9. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
10. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)