|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
(b) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(c) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
(d) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
2. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The lost handkerchief.
(b) Desdemona's infidelity.
(c) Politics of Cyprus and Venice.
(d) The strategies of war.
3. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
4. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
5. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Order him to leave.
(b) Thank him for his service.
(c) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(d) Promote him to lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
2. Why is Roderigo killed?
3. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
4. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
5. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona he will do when Desdemona talks about Othello's odd and angry behavior towards her?
2. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
3. What does Desdemona realize about her marriage while she is getting ready for bed?
4. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What do Othello, Lodovico, Desdemona and Emilia all do together after dinner?
6. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
8. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
9. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
10. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)