|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(b) The Duke's wife.
2. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(b) She was talking with Emilia.
(c) She was visiting with Cassio.
(d) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
3. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
(b) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
(c) That she has been pure and innocent.
(d) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
4. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A ring.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A note.
(d) A piece of lace.
5. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
2. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
3. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
4. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
5. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
2. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
3. Who does Emilia say is to blame when women cheat on their husbands?
4. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
5. Why does Iago stab and kill Roderigo?
6. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
7. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. What does Othello say he needs before believing something negative about Cassio from Iago?
9. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
10. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)