|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He had to complete important business.
(b) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(c) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(d) He has a headache.
2. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 2.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) Act 3, Scene 4.
3. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
4. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
(b) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
(c) Cassio has offended him deeply.
(d) Iago wants Cassio's job.
5. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(a) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
3. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
4. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
5. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello ask Iago to give him after he overhears Iago and Cassio talking?
2. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
3. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
4. What does Iago tell Othello he heard from Cassio while he is talking to Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
5. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
6. What part did Cassio play in Othello and Desdemona's courtship?
7. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
8. What does Iago tell Cassio to do after Iago is done speaking with Othello at the beginning of Act 4?
9. Where is Iago supposed to deliver the package that Othello gives him?
10. What does Othello give to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)