|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(b) He is having an affair of his own.
(c) Affairs of the state.
(d) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
2. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(b) Rash judgement.
3. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Appeal to Othello himself.
(b) Have patience.
(c) Buy Othello a gift.
(d) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
4. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(b) He has never acted like this before.
(c) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
(d) He seems worried and distracted.
5. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
2. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
3. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
4. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
5. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who hides to ambush Cassio?
2. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia that proves her innocence and naivete?
3. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
4. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
5. Who is the most villainous person in this play?
6. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
7. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
8. What does Othello ask Emilia before he questions Desdemona about her affair?
9. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
10. What does Desdemona call Iago when she is talking with Cassio about getting his job back?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)