|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(b) He embraces his new son.
(c) He attacks Othello.
(d) He disowns her.
3. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some stylists.
(b) Some servants.
(c) Some musicians.
(d) Some dancers.
4. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 2, Scene 3.
(d) Act 1, Scene 4.
5. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The whims of the narrator.
(b) The historical events.
(c) The choices of the characters.
(d) The crises of the society.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
2. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
4. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
5. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago plan to make Othello believe after the trial is over?
2. What is the celebration in Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
4. What is Iago's description of the perfect woman?
5. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
6. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
7. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
8. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
9. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
10. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)