|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The victory over the Turks.
2. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(b) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(c) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(d) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
3. What is the name of Iago's wife?
4. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To provide comic relief.
(b) To relay important messages.
(c) To tell the history.
(d) To provide ironic situations.
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Tell lies.
(b) Give orders.
(c) Kill men.
(d) Take orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
3. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
5. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
3. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
5. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
6. What is the celebration in Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
7. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
8. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
9. How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
10. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)