|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Duke.
2. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(b) The Duke.
(c) General Stringham.
4. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
5. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
(a) Gamble his salary.
(b) Report Roderigo for behavior unbecoming of an officer.
(c) Pursue Desdemona.
(d) Drink some wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
3. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
4. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
2. What does the Duke decide to do after he has heard Othello and Brabantio's sides of the case against Othello?
3. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
4. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
5. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
6. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
7. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
8. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
9. What does Cassio really want after his hired help is mocked by the clown?
10. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)