|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(b) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(c) It is just noise.
(d) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A beast.
(b) A fool.
(c) No more than a man.
(d) A beggar.
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(c) The Duke.
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(b) His wife's sickness.
(c) Othello's marriage.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
2. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
4. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
5. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
2. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
4. What does Desdemona lose that she is worried about finding?
5. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
6. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
7. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
8. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
9. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)