|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Kill men.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Tell lies.
(d) Give orders.
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(c) They sneak into his bedroom.
(d) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He married Desdemona.
(d) He slept with his wife.
5. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(b) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(c) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(d) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
2. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
3. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
5. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
6. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
7. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
8. What does the Duke decide to do after he has heard Othello and Brabantio's sides of the case against Othello?
9. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
10. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)