|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
2. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
(b) The Duke.
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(d) His wife.
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(c) The Duke.
5. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
5. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
2. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
3. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
5. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
6. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
7. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
8. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
9. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
10. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)