|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The victory over the Turks.
(b) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
2. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Allow Othello to go free.
(b) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(c) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(d) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
(b) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(c) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(d) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(b) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is just noise.
5. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How much they admire Othello.
(b) How much they hate Othello.
(c) How lovely Desdemona is.
(d) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
5. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Emilia tell Cassio when he asks her to put in a good word for him with Desdemona?
4. How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
5. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
6. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
7. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
8. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
9. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)