|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
2. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How much they admire Othello.
(b) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
(c) How lovely Desdemona is.
(d) How much they hate Othello.
3. What is the name of Iago's wife?
4. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(b) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(c) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(d) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A note.
(d) A receipt for a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
2. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
3. What is Iago's description of the perfect woman?
4. What does Cassio really want after his hired help is mocked by the clown?
5. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
6. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
7. What is the celebration in Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
8. How does Brabantio think Othello got Desdemona to marry him?
9. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
10. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)