|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(c) Iago and his wife.
3. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
5. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
(b) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(c) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
(d) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
3. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cassio really want after his hired help is mocked by the clown?
2. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
3. Why does Othello finally tell Desdemona that he will consider forgiving Cassio?
4. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. Who does Iago try to frame for the attack on Cassio?
6. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
7. What does Emilia tell Cassio when he asks her to put in a good word for him with Desdemona?
8. Why does Othello complain to Desdemona about having watery eyes?
9. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
10. Where is Othello going when he gives the package to Iago in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)