|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(b) They sneak into his bedroom.
(c) They knock on the door.
(d) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
2. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A romance.
(d) A tragedy.
3. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(b) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(c) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(d) It is just noise.
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) The clown.
(b) A beggar boy.
(c) A lord.
(d) A musician.
5. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A storm.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A mutinous attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
2. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
5. What is the name of Iago's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
2. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
3. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
4. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
6. What does the Duke decide to do after he has heard Othello and Brabantio's sides of the case against Othello?
7. What does Emilia tell Cassio when he asks her to put in a good word for him with Desdemona?
8. How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
9. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
10. What is the celebration in Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)