|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(d) Encourages him to find a new love.
2. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The historical events.
(b) The crises of the society.
(c) The whims of the narrator.
(d) The choices of the characters.
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(d) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
4. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
(b) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
(c) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(d) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
5. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(b) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(c) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(d) It is just noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
4. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
3. What does the Duke decide to do after he has heard Othello and Brabantio's sides of the case against Othello?
4. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
6. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
7. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
8. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
9. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
10. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)