|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(d) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
2. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
(d) The Duke.
3. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
(b) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
(c) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(d) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(b) His own house.
(c) Brabantio's house.
(d) The Duke's house.
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Frame Othello for a murder.
(b) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(c) Woo Desdemona himself.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
5. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
2. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
3. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
4. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
5. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
6. What does Iago plan to make Othello believe after the trial is over?
7. How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
8. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
9. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
10. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)