|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
2. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) Desdemona's opinion of him.
(b) The loss of his reputation.
(c) The drop in pay.
(d) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Frame Othello for a murder.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
4. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
5. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
2. How does Brabantio think Othello got Desdemona to marry him?
3. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
4. How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
5. What does Emilia tell Cassio when he asks her to put in a good word for him with Desdemona?
6. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
7. What is the celebration in Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
8. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
9. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
10. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)