|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(c) His wife's sickness.
(d) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her stupidity.
4. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of Cyprus.
(c) The Duke of Venice.
5. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(b) Encourages him to find a new love.
(c) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(d) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
2. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
3. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
4. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
5. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Othello do when he sees Cassio's deplorable behavior on his first night in Cyprus?
2. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
3. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
5. Why is Othello so torn about firing Cassio?
6. Who are Cassio and Iago talking about while Othello thinks they are discussing Desdemona?
7. What does Desdemona say when she takes the stand at Othello's trial?
8. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
9. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
10. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)