|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(b) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
(c) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(d) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 2, Scene 3.
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Fill their lives with dischord.
(b) Make them both sing solos.
(c) Put it to rest.
(d) Increase the harmony.
4. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some stylists.
(b) Some dancers.
(c) Some servants.
(d) Some musicians.
5. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He has had a vision about her.
(b) She has a lot of money.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She is very beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
2. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
5. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brabantio think Othello got Desdemona to marry him?
2. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
3. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
4. What does Cassio do to cheer himself up after being punished by Othello for his brawl in the street?
5. What does Iago tell Montano about Cassio on his first night in Cyprus?
6. What does Iago plan to make Othello believe after the trial is over?
7. Why is Othello at the inn when he receives the summons from the Duke?
8. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
9. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading for Cyprus?
10. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)