|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(b) Bewitching Desdemona.
(c) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(d) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill Desdeona.
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
4. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(b) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(c) Anger Cassio.
(d) Get Cassio drunk.
5. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
Short Answer Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
2. To what genre is this play categorized?
3. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cassio refuse to drink the wine offered him by Iago when they are both on watch on their first night in Cyprus?
2. What does the message contain that Othello sends out in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why is Brabantio so mad at Othello?
4. Why is Cassio so worried about Othello when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What trait in Emilia does Iago mock several times throughout the book?
6. Why is Othello so happy to see Desdemona when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
7. How does the Duke of Cyprus feel about Othello?
8. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
9. Why does Othello compare Montano and Cassio to Turks on their first night in Cyrpus?
10. How did Othello and Desdemona meet?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)