Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Kill Cassio.
(d) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
2. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(d) The Duke's wife.
3. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
(a) The ladies of the night.
(b) The husbands.
(c) The world.
(d) The mistresses.
4. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
(b) The consequences of remaining naive.
(c) The true nature of marriage.
(d) The harsh reality of the world.
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) The Duke's messenger.
(b) The clown.
(c) A servant.
(d) A messenger.
6. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
7. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
(a) Commit adultery.
(c) Dishonor her father.
8. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(b) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
(c) A message from the Duke.
(d) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
9. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(b) The Church's.
(c) The wife's.
(d) The husband's.
10. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(b) The bad behavior of others.
(c) Jealousy and envy.
(d) A feeling of loss.
11. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(b) The Senate.
(d) The Duke.
12. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
(b) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(c) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(d) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
13. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
14. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(d) She is stricken and confused.
15. What does Othello do after reading his letter from the Duke that Lodovico brings?
(a) Slaps Desdemona.
(b) Sends a policeman to arrest Cassio.
(d) Rips the letter to shreds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
2. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
3. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
4. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
5. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)