|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(b) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
(c) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
(d) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
2. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
(b) Iago wants Cassio's job.
(c) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
(d) Cassio has offended him deeply.
3. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(b) Iago and his honesty.
(c) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(d) Herself and her purity.
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(b) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(c) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
5. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) A street walker.
(c) The Duke's wife.
6. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
(b) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(c) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(d) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
7. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(b) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(c) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(d) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
8. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
(a) Birch Forest.
9. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
10. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A note.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A piece of lace.
(d) A ring.
11. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) The clown.
(b) The Duke's messenger.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A servant.
12. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
(b) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
(c) Find a police man to arrest him.
(d) Find a weapon to kill him with.
13. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(c) She is stricken and confused.
(d) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
14. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(b) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(c) He is having an affair of his own.
(d) Affairs of the state.
15. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
(a) Waits in the parlor for him to return.
(b) Packs her things to leave in the morning.
(c) Goes to bed and dismisses Emilia.
(d) Forgives him for his rash behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
2. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
3. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
4. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
5. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)