|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Find a police man to arrest him.
(b) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
(c) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
(d) Find a weapon to kill him with.
2. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(b) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(c) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(d) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
3. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(c) Rash judgement.
4. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Iago and his honesty.
(b) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Herself and her purity.
5. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(b) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(c) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
(d) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
6. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(b) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(c) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
7. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(c) A street walker.
8. What is Iago preparing to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Tell another lie to Othello.
(b) Frame Othello in Desdemona's murder.
(c) Arrest Roderigo.
(d) Ambush Cassio.
9. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
(a) That she had never met Iago.
(b) That Othello would believe in Desdemona's faithfulness.
(c) That Desdemona and Othello had never met.
(d) That Iago and Othello had never met.
10. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(b) Endearing men to her.
11. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(b) Return it to Desdemona.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Sell it.
12. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
(a) Birch Forest.
13. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
14. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(a) The husband's.
(b) The Church's.
(d) The wife's.
15. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His career.
(b) His time.
(c) His money.
(d) His health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
2. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
3. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
4. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)