|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
2. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(a) The Duke's wife.
3. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
(a) Cassio wounded in the street.
(b) Roderigo bleeding in a jail cell.
(c) Cassio with another woman.
(d) A note from Iago.
4. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) Othello loves her and knows how virtuous she is.
(b) Othello is a much better man than Cassio.
(c) Othello refuses to admit that his own wife would leave him.
(d) Othello has been with Desdemona almost every instant.
5. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) News from Venice.
(d) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
6. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Return it to Desdemona.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Plant it in Cassio's household.
7. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(a) The wife's.
(c) The Church's.
(d) The husband's.
8. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
(a) They find who their true friends are.
(b) They all realize they do not love their wives.
(c) They all get cheated on.
(d) They all get jealous.
9. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(b) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(c) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
(d) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
10. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(b) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(c) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(d) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
11. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Kill Cassio.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
12. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(d) She is stricken and confused.
13. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
(a) Publicly disgrace her.
(b) Divorce her and take her dowry.
(c) Poison her.
(d) Strangle her in their bed.
14. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A decree of divorce.
15. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Duke.
(d) The Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
2. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
3. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
4. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
5. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)