|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(c) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(d) He had to complete important business.
2. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Find a police man to arrest him.
(b) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
(c) Find a weapon to kill him with.
(d) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Kill Cassio.
(b) Spread rumors about Othello.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
4. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He punches Iago.
(b) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(c) He goes into a trance-like state.
(d) He starts throwing things.
5. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
6. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is stricken and confused.
(d) She is relieved to have the truth out.
7. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
(a) Divorce her and take her dowry.
(b) Poison her.
(c) Strangle her in their bed.
(d) Publicly disgrace her.
8. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) The Duke's messenger.
(b) A servant.
(c) The clown.
(d) A messenger.
9. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
10. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has been pure and innocent.
(b) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(c) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
(d) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
11. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
(a) He is supposed to be at the courthouse.
(b) He is nervous to be around Othello who is so angry with him.
(c) He was just discussing an affair with his wife.
(d) Iago enters with Othello, and Cassio distrusts Iago.
12. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
(a) He knows that they will divorce and he can be with Desdemona.
(b) He sees a chance to prove his loyalty by calming Othello down.
(c) He knows that his plan is working.
(d) He sees a chance to get more power.
13. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
14. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Promote him to lieutenant.
(b) Order him to leave.
(c) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(d) Thank him for his service.
15. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(b) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(c) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(d) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
2. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
3. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
4. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
5. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)