|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
(a) Deliver messages of love back and forth between the two.
(b) Drive Desdemona to Othello's house so they could visit.
(c) Stand guard while they secretly visited.
(d) Keet their relationship a secret from the public.
2. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Have patience.
(b) Appeal to Othello himself.
(c) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(d) Buy Othello a gift.
3. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(b) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(c) She was visiting with Cassio.
(d) She was talking with Emilia.
4. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A ring.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A note.
5. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(b) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
(c) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(d) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
6. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(b) He goes into a trance-like state.
(c) He starts throwing things.
(d) He punches Iago.
7. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Her happy marriage is over.
(b) Othello is having an affair.
(c) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
(d) Othello wants to kill her.
8. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(d) He had to complete important business.
9. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
10. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(b) The Duke.
11. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(c) The Duke's wife.
12. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
(a) The mistresses.
(b) The husbands.
(c) The world.
(d) The ladies of the night.
13. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
(a) Humans are not meant to have just one lover.
(b) Men have short attention spans.
(c) Women need more than one man to be satisfied.
(d) Women are wily.
14. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He has never acted like this before.
(b) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
(c) He seems worried and distracted.
(d) He did not kiss her goodbye.
15. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
2. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
3. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
4. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)