Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Politics of Cyprus and Venice.
(b) The strategies of war.
(c) Desdemona's infidelity.
(d) The lost handkerchief.
2. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
3. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(b) Have patience.
(c) Appeal to Othello himself.
(d) Buy Othello a gift.
4. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It has magical powers.
(b) It was his grandmother's.
(c) It is from a far away land.
(d) It is a symbol of love.
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
(b) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
(c) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
(d) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
6. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
(b) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
(c) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(d) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
7. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(b) He is having an affair of his own.
(c) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(d) Affairs of the state.
8. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) News from Venice.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(d) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
9. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
10. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(b) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(c) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(d) Write a letter.
11. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(b) She was talking with Emilia.
(c) She was visiting with Cassio.
(d) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
12. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
13. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He does not want her to run away.
(b) He hates to see her so upset.
(c) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(d) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
14. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
(a) He sees a chance to get more power.
(b) He sees a chance to prove his loyalty by calming Othello down.
(c) He knows that his plan is working.
(d) He knows that they will divorce and he can be with Desdemona.
15. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Return it to Desdemona.
(d) Sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
2. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
3. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
4. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
5. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)