|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) News from Venice.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(d) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
2. What does Othello do after reading his letter from the Duke that Lodovico brings?
(a) Rips the letter to shreds.
(b) Slaps Desdemona.
(d) Sends a policeman to arrest Cassio.
3. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
4. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Senate.
(d) The Duke.
5. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
(a) They all get jealous.
(b) They all realize they do not love their wives.
(c) They find who their true friends are.
(d) They all get cheated on.
6. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
(a) Dishonor her father.
(b) Commit adultery.
7. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(b) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(c) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
8. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(b) He is racist against all moors.
(c) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(d) He wants revenge.
9. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A note.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A ring.
(d) A piece of lace.
10. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
11. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
(a) Publicly disgrace her.
(b) Strangle her in their bed.
(c) Poison her.
(d) Divorce her and take her dowry.
12. What is Iago preparing to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Frame Othello in Desdemona's murder.
(b) Arrest Roderigo.
(c) Tell another lie to Othello.
(d) Ambush Cassio.
13. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
14. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It was his grandmother's.
(b) It is from a far away land.
(c) It has magical powers.
(d) It is a symbol of love.
15. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(a) A feeling of loss.
(c) The bad behavior of others.
(d) Jealousy and envy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
2. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
3. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
4. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
5. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)