|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is having an affair of his own.
(b) Affairs of the state.
(c) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(d) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
2. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
3. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(b) Have patience.
(c) Buy Othello a gift.
(d) Appeal to Othello himself.
4. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Iago wants Cassio's job.
(b) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
(c) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
(d) Cassio has offended him deeply.
5. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
6. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) Some papers.
(c) Orders for Cassio.
(d) A package.
7. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(b) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(c) He is racist against all moors.
(d) He wants revenge.
8. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Thank him for his service.
(b) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(c) Order him to leave.
(d) Promote him to lieutenant.
9. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He starts throwing things.
(b) He goes into a trance-like state.
(c) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(d) He punches Iago.
10. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(d) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
11. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(b) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(c) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(d) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
12. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Politics of Cyprus and Venice.
(b) Desdemona's infidelity.
(c) The lost handkerchief.
(d) The strategies of war.
13. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(a) The Church's.
(b) The wife's.
(d) The husband's.
14. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(b) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
(c) To kill Cassio.
(d) To play the part of the faithful servant.
15. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(b) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(c) She is stricken and confused.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
2. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
3. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
4. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
5. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)