|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(b) Iago and his honesty.
(c) Herself and her purity.
(d) The Duke and his lusty advances.
2. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
3. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
4. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) Othello loves her and knows how virtuous she is.
(b) Othello is a much better man than Cassio.
(c) Othello has been with Desdemona almost every instant.
(d) Othello refuses to admit that his own wife would leave him.
5. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
6. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Kill Cassio.
(c) Sleep with Desdemona.
(d) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
7. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
8. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(d) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
9. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(b) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
(c) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(d) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
10. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(c) A street walker.
11. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
(b) Othello wants to kill her.
(c) Her happy marriage is over.
(d) Othello is having an affair.
12. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A note.
(b) A piece of lace.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
13. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
14. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Orders for Cassio.
(b) Some papers.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
15. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A faithful servant.
(b) An honest fellow.
(c) A snake in the grass.
(d) A pompous fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
2. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
3. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
4. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
5. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)