|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(d) A decree of divorce.
2. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
3. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(b) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(c) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(d) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
4. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(b) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(c) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(d) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
5. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
6. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(a) The Duke's wife.
7. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The true nature of marriage.
(b) The consequences of remaining naive.
(c) The harsh reality of the world.
(d) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
8. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
(a) Birch Forest.
9. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(b) He is having an affair of his own.
(c) Affairs of the state.
(d) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
10. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(b) News from Venice.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
11. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
(b) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
(c) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(d) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
12. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A note.
(c) A ring.
(d) A handkerchief.
13. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
14. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
(b) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
(c) "Never while I am alive."
(d) "This is not the time."
15. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(a) The wife's.
(b) The Church's.
(d) The husband's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
2. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What is Iago preparing to do at the beginning of Act 5?
4. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
5. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)