|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
2. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A package.
(b) Orders for Cassio.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some papers.
3. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(b) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(c) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(d) He exults over his power of manipulation.
5. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Present evidence.
(b) Listen to her response.
(d) Threaten her.
6. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
(a) Stand guard while they secretly visited.
(b) Keet their relationship a secret from the public.
(c) Deliver messages of love back and forth between the two.
(d) Drive Desdemona to Othello's house so they could visit.
7. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
8. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
(a) That Othello would believe in Desdemona's faithfulness.
(b) That Desdemona and Othello had never met.
(c) That Iago and Othello had never met.
(d) That she had never met Iago.
9. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(d) He had to complete important business.
10. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(d) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
11. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(b) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(c) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
(d) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
12. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(b) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(c) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(d) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
13. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(b) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(c) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(d) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
14. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
15. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
(a) Women are wily.
(b) Men have short attention spans.
(c) Humans are not meant to have just one lover.
(d) Women need more than one man to be satisfied.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
2. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
3. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
4. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
5. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)