|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(b) She is stricken and confused.
(c) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(d) She is angry.
2. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
(b) To divorce his wife.
(c) To kill Cassio.
(d) To play the part of the faithful servant.
3. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He goes into a trance-like state.
(b) He punches Iago.
(c) He starts throwing things.
(d) He screams at the top of his lungs.
4. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
5. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(b) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(c) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(d) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
6. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(b) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(c) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(d) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
7. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(b) The Duke.
(d) The Senate.
8. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Listen to her response.
(b) Threaten her.
(d) Present evidence.
9. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) The clown.
(b) The Duke's messenger.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A servant.
10. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) Othello has been with Desdemona almost every instant.
(b) Othello loves her and knows how virtuous she is.
(c) Othello refuses to admit that his own wife would leave him.
(d) Othello is a much better man than Cassio.
11. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rope.
(c) A decree of divorce.
12. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(b) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(c) To confer with the Duke.
(d) To inspect the fortifications.
13. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(d) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
14. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Othello is having an affair.
(b) Othello wants to kill her.
(c) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
(d) Her happy marriage is over.
15. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Kill Cassio.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Spread rumors about Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
2. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
3. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
4. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)