|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Iago preparing to do at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) Frame Othello in Desdemona's murder.
(b) Tell another lie to Othello.
(c) Arrest Roderigo.
(d) Ambush Cassio.
2. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
3. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
4. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Cassio has offended him deeply.
(b) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
(c) Iago wants Cassio's job.
(d) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
5. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(b) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(c) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(d) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
6. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Appeal to Othello himself.
(b) Buy Othello a gift.
(c) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(d) Have patience.
7. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(a) A knife.
(c) A rope.
(d) A decree of divorce.
8. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
9. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Return it to Desdemona.
(b) Steal it.
(c) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(d) Sell it.
10. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
(a) Roderigo bleeding in a jail cell.
(b) Cassio with another woman.
(c) Cassio wounded in the street.
(d) A note from Iago.
11. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
(a) Packs her things to leave in the morning.
(b) Forgives him for his rash behavior.
(c) Goes to bed and dismisses Emilia.
(d) Waits in the parlor for him to return.
12. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(d) A street walker.
13. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(b) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(c) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(d) He exults over his power of manipulation.
14. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He has never acted like this before.
(b) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
(c) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(d) He seems worried and distracted.
15. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Herself and her purity.
(b) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Iago and his honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
2. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
3. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
4. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)