|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
(b) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
(c) It always works itself out in the end.
(d) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Othello.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Kill Cassio.
3. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
4. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is having an affair of his own.
(b) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(c) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(d) Affairs of the state.
5. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(a) The bad behavior of others.
(b) Jealousy and envy.
(d) A feeling of loss.
6. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The true nature of marriage.
(b) The consequences of remaining naive.
(c) The harsh reality of the world.
(d) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
7. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Return it to Desdemona.
(b) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Steal it.
8. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
9. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His health.
(b) His money.
(c) His time.
(d) His career.
10. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(c) The Duke's wife.
(d) A street walker.
11. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
12. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
13. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
14. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 4.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) Act 3, Scene 2.
15. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(d) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
2. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
3. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
4. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
5. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)