|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
2. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He punches Iago.
(b) He goes into a trance-like state.
(c) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(d) He starts throwing things.
3. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(a) The Duke's wife.
4. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(a) Rash judgement.
5. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(d) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
6. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Kill Cassio.
7. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(b) The Duke.
(d) The Senate.
8. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
(b) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
(c) "This is not the time."
(d) "Never while I am alive."
9. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) Othello loves her and knows how virtuous she is.
(b) Othello has been with Desdemona almost every instant.
(c) Othello is a much better man than Cassio.
(d) Othello refuses to admit that his own wife would leave him.
10. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(b) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(c) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(d) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
11. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
(a) They all get cheated on.
(b) They all realize they do not love their wives.
(c) They all get jealous.
(d) They find who their true friends are.
12. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(a) Jealousy and envy.
(c) A feeling of loss.
(d) The bad behavior of others.
13. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) Orders for Cassio.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A package.
14. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A faithful servant.
(b) An honest fellow.
(c) A snake in the grass.
(d) A pompous fool.
15. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
2. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
3. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
4. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
5. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)