|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
(a) That Othello would believe in Desdemona's faithfulness.
(b) That Iago and Othello had never met.
(c) That she had never met Iago.
(d) That Desdemona and Othello had never met.
2. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
(b) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(c) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
(d) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
3. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Return it to Desdemona.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(d) Steal it.
4. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(d) The Duke.
5. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(b) A feeling of loss.
(c) Jealousy and envy.
(d) The bad behavior of others.
6. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
7. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
(b) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
(c) Find a weapon to kill him with.
(d) Find a police man to arrest him.
8. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(b) Endearing men to her.
9. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
10. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
11. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(b) He is racist against all moors.
(c) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(d) He wants revenge.
12. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
13. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Othello is having an affair.
(b) Othello wants to kill her.
(c) Her happy marriage is over.
(d) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
14. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
(a) Dishonor her father.
(b) Commit adultery.
15. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
(a) Do women really cheat on their husbands?
(b) Do husbands cheat on their wives?
(c) Has Emilia ever cheated?
(d) Can Othello really believe that she has cheated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
2. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
3. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
4. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
5. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)