|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Iago and his honesty.
(b) Herself and her purity.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Cassio and his faithfulness.
2. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Listen to her response.
(b) Threaten her.
(d) Present evidence.
3. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(b) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(c) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(d) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
4. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(d) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
5. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(b) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(c) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(d) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
6. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(d) Endearing men to her.
7. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Duke's messenger.
(c) The clown.
(d) A servant.
8. What is Iago's reasoning behind the statement he makes about what happens to every married man?
(a) Humans are not meant to have just one lover.
(b) Women are wily.
(c) Women need more than one man to be satisfied.
(d) Men have short attention spans.
9. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
10. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
(b) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(c) News from Venice.
(d) Having an affair.
11. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
12. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(a) The Duke's wife.
13. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(b) The Duke.
(d) The Senate.
14. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "This is not the time."
(b) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
(c) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
(d) "Never while I am alive."
15. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(b) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(c) He is having an affair of his own.
(d) Affairs of the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
2. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
3. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
4. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
5. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)