|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
2. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(c) The Duke's wife.
3. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
4. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
5. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(b) He goes into a trance-like state.
(c) He starts throwing things.
(d) He punches Iago.
6. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(b) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(c) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(d) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
7. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A package.
(b) Orders for Cassio.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A letter.
8. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Leave his services immediately.
(b) Keep this conversation a secret.
(c) Deliver a letter.
(d) Bring Desdemona to him.
9. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(a) The Duke.
10. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
(b) It always works itself out in the end.
(c) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
(d) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
11. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
(a) A note from Iago.
(b) Cassio wounded in the street.
(c) Cassio with another woman.
(d) Roderigo bleeding in a jail cell.
12. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
(c) Dishonor her father.
(d) Commit adultery.
13. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(c) Rash judgement.
14. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(b) He wants revenge.
(c) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(d) He is racist against all moors.
15. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
(c) Birch Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
2. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
3. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
4. What is Iago preparing to do at the beginning of Act 5?
5. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)