|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(b) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(c) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(d) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(b) Thank him for his service.
(c) Promote him to lieutenant.
(d) Order him to leave.
4. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A snake in the grass.
(b) An honest fellow.
(c) A faithful servant.
(d) A pompous fool.
5. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
(a) He knows that they will divorce and he can be with Desdemona.
(b) He knows that his plan is working.
(c) He sees a chance to get more power.
(d) He sees a chance to prove his loyalty by calming Othello down.
6. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 3.
(b) Act 3, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 2.
(d) Act 3, Scene 1.
7. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A decree of divorce.
8. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(b) The Duke's wife.
9. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was visiting with Cassio.
(b) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(c) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(d) She was talking with Emilia.
10. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That she is a very greedy woman.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
11. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
12. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
13. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
(b) Dishonor her father.
(c) Commit adultery.
14. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
15. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(b) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(c) Affairs of the state.
(d) He is having an affair of his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
2. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
3. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
4. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
5. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)