|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
2. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
(b) Cassio has offended him deeply.
(c) Iago wants Cassio's job.
(d) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
3. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Orders for Cassio.
(b) Some papers.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
4. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(d) The Duke.
5. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
6. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
(a) The mistresses.
(b) The ladies of the night.
(c) The world.
(d) The husbands.
7. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
(a) He is filled with jealousy.
(b) He is worried over matters of the state.
(c) He is very angry at Cassio's betrayal.
(d) He is afraid of his upcoming battle now that he has a wife.
8. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
9. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(d) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
10. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
11. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
(a) Waits in the parlor for him to return.
(b) Goes to bed and dismisses Emilia.
(c) Packs her things to leave in the morning.
(d) Forgives him for his rash behavior.
12. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Iago and his honesty.
(b) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(c) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(d) Herself and her purity.
13. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
(a) Iago enters with Othello, and Cassio distrusts Iago.
(b) He was just discussing an affair with his wife.
(c) He is supposed to be at the courthouse.
(d) He is nervous to be around Othello who is so angry with him.
14. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(c) The Duke's wife.
15. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
2. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
3. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
4. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
5. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)