|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
(b) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
(c) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(d) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
2. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(c) The Duke's wife.
3. What does Emilia say she would do for the right price?
(b) Dishonor her father.
(d) Commit adultery.
4. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
(b) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
(c) Find a police man to arrest him.
(d) Find a weapon to kill him with.
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He has never acted like this before.
(b) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(c) He seems worried and distracted.
(d) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
6. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(b) The wife's.
(c) The husband's.
(d) The Church's.
7. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A ring.
(b) A note.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A piece of lace.
8. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(b) Present evidence.
(c) Listen to her response.
(d) Threaten her.
9. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He had to complete important business.
(b) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(c) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(d) He has a headache.
10. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Deliver a letter.
(b) Leave his services immediately.
(c) Bring Desdemona to him.
(d) Keep this conversation a secret.
11. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she is a very greedy woman.
(b) That she will always get her way with him.
(c) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(d) That he loves her.
12. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
(a) He is filled with jealousy.
(b) He is very angry at Cassio's betrayal.
(c) He is afraid of his upcoming battle now that he has a wife.
(d) He is worried over matters of the state.
13. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(b) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(c) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(d) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
14. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Duke.
15. What does Othello do after reading his letter from the Duke that Lodovico brings?
(b) Slaps Desdemona.
(c) Sends a policeman to arrest Cassio.
(d) Rips the letter to shreds.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
2. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
3. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
4. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
5. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)