|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) A message from the Duke.
(b) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(c) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
(d) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Senate.
3. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(b) Rash judgement.
4. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
5. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 4.
(b) Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) Act 3, Scene 2.
(d) Act 3, Scene 1.
6. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(a) The Duke.
7. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The consequences of remaining naive.
(b) The harsh reality of the world.
(c) The true nature of marriage.
(d) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
8. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
(a) Cassio has some damning information about Iago.
(b) Cassio has offended him deeply.
(c) Iago wants Cassio's job.
(d) Othello will believe Cassio's word over Iago's word.
9. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(c) The Duke's wife.
10. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Iago and his honesty.
(b) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Herself and her purity.
11. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Othello.
(c) Kill Cassio.
(d) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
12. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) A street walker.
(b) The Duke's wife.
13. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
14. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
(a) Poison her.
(b) Divorce her and take her dowry.
(c) Strangle her in their bed.
(d) Publicly disgrace her.
15. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(b) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(c) He wants revenge.
(d) He is racist against all moors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wounds Cassio towards the end of the play?
2. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
3. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
4. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)