|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
(b) Birch Forest.
2. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(b) To inspect the fortifications.
(c) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(d) To confer with the Duke.
3. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(b) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(c) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(d) Write a letter.
4. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
5. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
6. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(b) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(c) She tries to get him to stay.
(d) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
7. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was talking with Emilia.
(b) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(c) She was visiting with Cassio.
(d) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
8. Who wounds Roderigo towards the end of the play?
9. Why is Roderigo killed?
(a) He cries out against Iago.
(b) He curses Cassio.
(c) He tried to sleep with Desdemona.
(d) He spits upon Montano.
10. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Iago and his honesty.
(b) Herself and her purity.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Cassio and his faithfulness.
11. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
(b) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
(c) It always works itself out in the end.
(d) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
12. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He goes into a trance-like state.
(b) He punches Iago.
(c) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(d) He starts throwing things.
13. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
(a) He wants Othello to be arrested and killed for Desdemona's murder.
(b) He wants Roderigo and Cassio to kill each other.
(c) He wants Othello to believe his lie and become enraged.
(d) He wants Roderigo to be arrested for the murder of Cassio.
14. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 4.
(b) Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) Act 3, Scene 2.
(d) Act 3, Scene 1.
15. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(a) Jealousy and envy.
(c) The bad behavior of others.
(d) A feeling of loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
2. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
3. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
5. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)