|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
(a) They all get jealous.
(b) They all realize they do not love their wives.
(c) They all get cheated on.
(d) They find who their true friends are.
2. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
3. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
(a) Goes to bed and dismisses Emilia.
(b) Forgives him for his rash behavior.
(c) Waits in the parlor for him to return.
(d) Packs her things to leave in the morning.
4. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Deliver a letter.
(b) Keep this conversation a secret.
(c) Leave his services immediately.
(d) Bring Desdemona to him.
5. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(b) He does not want her to run away.
(c) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
6. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(d) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
7. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
8. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
(a) He knows that they will divorce and he can be with Desdemona.
(b) He sees a chance to prove his loyalty by calming Othello down.
(c) He knows that his plan is working.
(d) He sees a chance to get more power.
9. What does Othello do after reading his letter from the Duke that Lodovico brings?
(a) Rips the letter to shreds.
(b) Sends a policeman to arrest Cassio.
(d) Slaps Desdemona.
10. Who does Iago try to frame for Cassio's wounds?
11. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(b) Iago and his honesty.
(c) Herself and her purity.
(d) Cassio and his faithfulness.
12. Whose fault does Emilia say it is when wives cheat?
(a) The wife's.
(c) The Church's.
(d) The husband's.
13. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
14. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) The Duke.
15. Who becomes overwrought when seeing Cassio's wounds?
(d) The Duke's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
2. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
3. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
4. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
5. Who is with Iago at the beginning of Act 5?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)