|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(a) The Duke.
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
3. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A beast.
(c) No more than a man.
(d) A fool.
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(b) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Take an oath of honesty.
5. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) He has had a vision about her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She has a lot of money.
6. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(b) It is just noise.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
7. What is the name of Iago's wife?
8. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
9. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
10. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Heathens.
11. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Beats him publicly.
(b) Chides him publicly.
(c) Has him arrested.
(d) Strips him of his title.
12. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells Brabantio.
(b) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(c) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(d) He pays a man to kill Othello.
13. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
14. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
15. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A receipt for a carriage.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
4. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
5. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)