|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
(c) The Duke.
3. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His social reputation.
(c) His military status.
(d) His virtue.
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It describes herself to a tee.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It is irrational and sexist.
(d) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
5. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
6. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(c) His wife.
7. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
8. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His style.
(c) His love.
(d) His courage.
9. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Frame Othello for a murder.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
10. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
11. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(d) Encourages him to find a new love.
12. Where is Iago from?
13. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The inn.
(b) The town square.
(c) Othello's house.
(d) Brabantio's house.
14. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is scared and tries to run.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is angry and offended.
(d) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
15. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(b) The Duke.
(d) A messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
2. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
3. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
5. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)