|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) He is a moor.
2. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Increase the harmony.
(b) Fill their lives with dischord.
(c) Put it to rest.
(d) Make them both sing solos.
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(c) His wife.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) A marriage license.
5. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(b) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(c) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(d) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
6. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
7. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He embraces his new son.
(b) He attacks Othello.
(c) He disowns her.
(d) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
8. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The inn.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) Othello's house.
9. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) Othello's crew.
(b) A storm.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A mutinous attack.
10. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(c) Iago and his wife.
11. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(a) The audience.
(b) The Duke.
12. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(b) Await his trial time in the jail.
(c) Take an oath of honesty.
(d) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
13. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
14. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He hates Othello.
(c) He lost a bet.
(d) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
15. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(b) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
(c) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(d) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What drives the plot of this play?
5. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)