|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) A storm.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) Othello's crew.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is angry and offended.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is scared and tries to run.
(d) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(a) His wife.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) A note.
5. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some stylists.
(b) Some dancers.
(c) Some musicians.
(d) Some servants.
6. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To relay important messages.
(b) To provide comic relief.
(c) To provide ironic situations.
(d) To tell the history.
8. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A wedding.
(b) An invasion.
(c) A mass feast.
(d) A trial.
9. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He bows to her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He embraces her.
10. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(b) Get Cassio drunk.
(c) Anger Cassio.
(d) Take advantage of Desdemona.
11. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
12. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(b) Othello's marriage.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) His wife's sickness.
13. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
14. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) Roderigo is his good friend.
(b) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(c) He does not hold his liquor well.
(d) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
15. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) Iago told him this.
(c) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(d) He has seen Othello do it to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
2. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
4. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)