|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(b) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(c) It is just noise.
(d) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A beast.
(b) A fool.
(c) No more than a man.
(d) A beggar.
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(c) The Duke.
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(b) His wife's sickness.
(c) Othello's marriage.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
6. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(b) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(c) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
(d) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
7. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
8. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(c) The Duke's house.
(d) His own house.
9. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Duke's wife.
10. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) The loss of his reputation.
(b) The drop in pay.
(c) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
(d) Desdemona's opinion of him.
11. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(b) He married Desdemona.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He slept with his wife.
12. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(d) The Duke.
13. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) The clown.
(b) A lord.
(c) A musician.
(d) A beggar boy.
14. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The historical events.
(b) The crises of the society.
(c) The choices of the characters.
(d) The whims of the narrator.
15. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(c) Frame Othello for a murder.
(d) Woo Desdemona himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Iago from?
2. What is the name of Iago's wife?
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
4. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
5. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)