|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(b) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
(c) He does not hold his liquor well.
(d) Roderigo is his good friend.
2. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How lovely Desdemona is.
(b) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
(c) How much they admire Othello.
(d) How much they hate Othello.
3. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(b) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(c) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(d) Bewitching Desdemona.
4. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(d) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
5. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(a) The Duke.
6. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) Iago told him this.
(c) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(d) This is widely rumored about Othello.
7. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(b) Iago and his wife.
8. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of Venice.
(c) The Duke of Cyprus.
9. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Take orders.
(b) Give orders.
(c) Kill men.
(d) Tell lies.
10. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 3, Scene 1.
(b) Act 2, Scene 3.
(c) Act 1, Scene 4.
(d) Act 2, Scene 2.
11. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is simple and sweet.
(c) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(d) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
12. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
13. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He bows to her.
14. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has no real military experience.
(b) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(c) Iago has seniority.
(d) Cassio has a criminal record.
15. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some dancers.
(b) Some stylists.
(c) Some musicians.
(d) Some servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
2. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)