|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
(b) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
(c) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(d) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(c) Frame Othello for a murder.
(d) Woo Desdemona himself.
3. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some servants.
(b) Some musicians.
(c) Some dancers.
(d) Some stylists.
4. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The audience.
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Anger Cassio.
(b) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(c) Get Cassio drunk.
(d) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
6. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They sneak into his bedroom.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They knock on the door.
(d) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
7. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) An invasion.
(b) A trial.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A mass feast.
8. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(b) She is simple and sweet.
(c) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(d) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
9. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The town square.
(b) Othello's house.
(c) Brabantio's house.
(d) The inn.
10. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
(b) Desdemona's opinion of him.
(c) The loss of his reputation.
(d) The drop in pay.
11. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
12. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(c) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(d) Allow Othello to go free.
13. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) A dancer.
(c) The Duke.
14. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He disowns her.
(b) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(c) He attacks Othello.
(d) He embraces his new son.
15. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The Duke's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
4. What drives the plot of this play?
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)