|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Frame Othello for a murder.
(b) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(c) Woo Desdemona himself.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells Brabantio.
(b) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(c) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(d) He pays a man to kill Othello.
3. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To provide comic relief.
(b) To relay important messages.
(c) To tell the history.
(d) To provide ironic situations.
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(c) His wife.
5. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
(c) The Duke.
6. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Embrace warmly.
(b) Kiss passionately.
(c) Blush and act embarrassed.
(d) Chide each other for scaring the other.
7. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(b) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(c) Encourages him to find a new love.
(d) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
8. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Desdeona.
(d) Kill Iago.
9. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(d) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
10. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He slept with his wife.
(b) He is a moor.
(c) He married Desdemona.
(d) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
11. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) His wife's sickness.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(d) Othello's marriage.
12. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
13. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
14. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(b) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The victory over the Turks.
15. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
4. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)