|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
2. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
3. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(c) The Duke.
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) A lord.
(b) The clown.
(c) A musician.
(d) A beggar boy.
5. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The status of the war.
(b) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(c) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(d) The gossip of the town.
7. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
8. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(c) He hates Othello.
(d) He lost a bet.
9. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(b) General Stringham.
10. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) An invasion.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A mass feast.
(d) A trial.
11. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) Iago told him this.
12. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
13. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has no real military experience.
(b) Cassio has a criminal record.
(c) Iago has seniority.
(d) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
14. Where is Iago from?
15. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The choices of the characters.
(b) The whims of the narrator.
(c) The historical events.
(d) The crises of the society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
4. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)