|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(d) They sneak into his bedroom.
2. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His military status.
(b) His social reputation.
(c) His virtue.
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
4. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The crises of the society.
(b) The choices of the characters.
(c) The historical events.
(d) The whims of the narrator.
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is angry and offended.
(b) He is scared and tries to run.
(c) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(d) He is patient and understanding.
6. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
7. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(b) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(c) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(d) It is just noise.
8. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(b) The Duke.
(d) General Stringham.
9. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
10. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A marriage license.
11. Where is Iago from?
12. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Othello's house.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) The inn.
13. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(b) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The victory over the Turks.
14. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
15. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
4. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
5. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)