|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It describes herself to a tee.
(b) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(c) It is kind and sweet.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Gamble his salary.
(c) Pursue Desdemona.
(d) Report Roderigo for behavior unbecoming of an officer.
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(b) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is just noise.
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her stupidity.
6. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He has had a vision about her.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She has a lot of money.
7. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
(b) The drop in pay.
(c) The loss of his reputation.
(d) Desdemona's opinion of him.
8. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His love.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His style.
(d) His courage.
9. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The historical events.
(b) The whims of the narrator.
(c) The choices of the characters.
(d) The crises of the society.
10. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Bewitching Desdemona.
(b) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(c) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(d) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
11. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) A storm.
(c) Othello's crew.
(d) A hidden coral reef.
12. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
13. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Duke.
14. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(b) The Duke.
15. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Beats him publicly.
(b) Has him arrested.
(c) Strips him of his title.
(d) Chides him publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)