|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(b) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
(c) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(d) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Get Cassio drunk.
(b) Anger Cassio.
(c) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(d) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
4. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some musicians.
(b) Some stylists.
(c) Some servants.
(d) Some dancers.
5. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
7. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(c) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(d) Othello is running from the law.
8. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A trial.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An invasion.
(d) A mass feast.
9. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A romance.
(b) A drama.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A tragedy.
10. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her stupidity.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(d) Her constant talking.
11. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He bows to her.
12. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It is irrational and sexist.
(d) It describes herself to a tee.
13. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
14. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He attacks Othello.
(b) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(c) He embraces his new son.
(d) He disowns her.
15. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)