|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He lost a bet.
(c) He hates Othello.
(d) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(b) A dancer.
(c) The Duke.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) His wife's sickness.
(b) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) Othello's marriage.
5. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
(b) How much they admire Othello.
(c) How much they hate Othello.
(d) How lovely Desdemona is.
6. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
8. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The Duke's wife.
9. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of Venice.
(c) The Duke of Cyprus.
10. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Give orders.
(b) Kill men.
(c) Tell lies.
(d) Take orders.
11. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
12. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A note.
(d) A receipt for a carriage.
13. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(c) The status of the war.
(d) The gossip of the town.
14. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He attacks Othello.
(b) He embraces his new son.
(c) He disowns her.
(d) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
15. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(c) The Duke.
(d) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
4. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)