|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(b) Iago has seniority.
(c) Cassio has no real military experience.
(d) Cassio has a criminal record.
2. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(b) Roderigo is his good friend.
(c) He does not hold his liquor well.
(d) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His courage.
(b) His style.
(c) His creativity.
(d) His love.
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(b) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(c) They knock on the door.
(d) They sneak into his bedroom.
5. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her uncle.
7. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She has a lot of money.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) He has had a vision about her.
8. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A trial.
(c) A mass feast.
(d) An invasion.
9. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(b) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
(c) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(d) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
10. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(b) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(c) He tells Brabantio.
(d) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
11. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He married Desdemona.
(c) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(d) He slept with his wife.
12. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Act 2, Scene 2.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 1, Scene 4.
13. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(b) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
14. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(a) The Duke.
15. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
2. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
3. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
4. Where is Iago from?
5. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)