|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(b) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(c) The victory over the Turks.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Heathens.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Moors.
3. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
(d) The Duke.
4. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(b) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(c) Bewitching Desdemona.
(d) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
5. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
6. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
7. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
(b) The Duke.
8. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
9. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) His own house.
(b) The Duke's house.
(c) Brabantio's house.
(d) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
10. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(b) She met him at the market place.
(c) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
11. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
12. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) A beggar boy.
(b) A lord.
(c) A musician.
(d) The clown.
13. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
(d) A dancer.
14. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(c) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
15. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) The status of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
2. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
5. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)