Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
Roderigo is unhappy about the marriage because he is in love with Desdemona.
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
Iago is upset with Othello because Othello promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
3. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
Roderigo suggests that they tell Desdemona's father about the marriage because they know he will object.
4. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
Brabantio is convinced that his daughter has eloped when he sees that her bed has not been slept in
5. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
Iago claims to not be a man who enjoys killing.
This section contains 1,575 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)