Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Othello's marriage?
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Roderigo suggest that he and Iago do to try and stop the marriage between Othello and Desdemona?
4. What does Brabantio see that convinces him that Desdemona has eloped?
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 2
5. When we first see Iago speaking with Othello, what does Iago claim to not be?
6. Why is Othello...
This section contains 899 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)