|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her constant talking.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her stupidity.
(d) Her lack of stylish clothing.
2. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(c) Rash judgement.
3. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The status of the war.
(b) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(c) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(d) The gossip of the town.
4. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(b) He embraces his new son.
(c) He disowns her.
(d) He attacks Othello.
5. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He had to complete important business.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(d) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
2. Who kills Emilia?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
5. What drives the plot of this play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)