|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Give orders.
(b) Tell lies.
(c) Kill men.
(d) Take orders.
2. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A beast.
(c) No more than a man.
(d) A beggar.
3. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Moors.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Heathens.
(d) The Devil.
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He hates Othello.
(b) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(c) He loves Desdemona.
(d) He lost a bet.
5. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Roderigo after he has been wounded during the street brawl?
2. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
3. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
4. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)