|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is stricken and confused.
(c) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(d) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
2. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To confer with the Duke.
(b) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(c) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(d) To inspect the fortifications.
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) His wife's sickness.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
4. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(b) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(c) Anger Cassio.
(d) Get Cassio drunk.
5. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He slept with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
2. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
3. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
4. How did Desdemona describe to Othello the love that she has for Cassio?
5. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)