|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
2. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her stupidity.
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Fill their lives with dischord.
(b) Make them both sing solos.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Put it to rest.
4. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
(a) That she had never met Iago.
(b) That Othello would believe in Desdemona's faithfulness.
(c) That Iago and Othello had never met.
(d) That Desdemona and Othello had never met.
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
4. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
5. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)