|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(b) He had to complete important business.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
2. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she is a very greedy woman.
(c) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(d) That she will always get her way with him.
3. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
4. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) Desdemona's opinion of him.
(b) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
(c) The drop in pay.
(d) The loss of his reputation.
5. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) News from Venice.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
(d) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
2. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
3. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
4. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)