|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is stricken and confused.
(c) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(d) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
2. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
(a) He is afraid of his upcoming battle now that he has a wife.
(b) He is very angry at Cassio's betrayal.
(c) He is worried over matters of the state.
(d) He is filled with jealousy.
3. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His health.
(b) His career.
(c) His money.
(d) His time.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A receipt for a carriage.
(b) A note.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) Her empty bed.
5. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(b) He attacks Othello.
(c) He embraces his new son.
(d) He disowns her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
3. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
4. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)