|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
(c) The Duke.
2. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Listen to her response.
(b) Threaten her.
(c) Present evidence.
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It describes herself to a tee.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
4. What does Emilia sing as she is dying?
(c) Love Song.
(d) Birch Forest.
5. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(d) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
2. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
4. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
5. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)