|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
(b) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(c) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
(d) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill Desdeona.
3. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(b) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
(c) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(d) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
4. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
(b) Cough a great deal.
(c) Ask kindly for it.
(d) Pretend to have watery eyes.
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(b) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
2. What is Iago preparing to do at the beginning of Act 5?
3. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
4. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)