|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(b) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(c) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(d) It is just noise.
2. Where is Iago from?
3. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Keep this conversation a secret.
(b) Leave his services immediately.
(c) Bring Desdemona to him.
(d) Deliver a letter.
4. Who is sent to tell Othello and Desdemona about Cassio's wounds?
5. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what genre is this play categorized?
2. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
4. What drives the plot of this play?
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)