|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A pompous fool.
(b) A snake in the grass.
(c) A faithful servant.
(d) An honest fellow.
2. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) The Duke.
(c) General Stringham.
3. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
(b) Roderigo is his good friend.
(c) He does not hold his liquor well.
(d) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(b) Encourages him to find a new love.
(c) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(d) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
5. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(b) The Duke.
(c) A dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
2. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
3. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
4. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)