|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
(a) A note from Iago.
(b) Roderigo bleeding in a jail cell.
(c) Cassio with another woman.
(d) Cassio wounded in the street.
2. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
(a) Can Othello really believe that she has cheated?
(b) Has Emilia ever cheated?
(c) Do women really cheat on their husbands?
(d) Do husbands cheat on their wives?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A note.
4. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
(d) Birch Forest.
5. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
(b) Othello is having an affair.
(c) Her happy marriage is over.
(d) Othello wants to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
2. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
5. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)