|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has been pure and innocent.
(b) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(c) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
(d) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(a) His wife.
4. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(a) The Duke.
5. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
(a) Pretend to have watery eyes.
(b) Cough a great deal.
(c) Ask kindly for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
2. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
3. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
5. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)