|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He disowns her.
(b) He attacks Othello.
(c) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(d) He embraces his new son.
2. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A beggar.
(b) No more than a man.
(c) A fool.
(d) A beast.
3. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) A lord.
(b) A musician.
(c) A beggar boy.
(d) The clown.
4. Who teaches wives to cheat, according to Emilia?
(a) The mistresses.
(b) The ladies of the night.
(c) The husbands.
(d) The world.
5. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
(a) That Desdemona and Othello had never met.
(b) That she had never met Iago.
(c) That Othello would believe in Desdemona's faithfulness.
(d) That Iago and Othello had never met.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
3. What does Othello reveal to Desdemona after she explains to him the kind of love she has for Cassio?
4. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
5. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)