|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Othello kill Desdemona?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He stabs her.
(c) He poisons her.
(d) He strangler her.
2. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A note.
(b) A ring.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A piece of lace.
3. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) The victory over the Turks.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
4. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
5. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(d) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago so annoyed that Cassio did not die?
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
3. What does Iago want to happen at the beginning of Act 5?
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
5. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)