|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(d) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
2. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
(a) Iago enters with Othello, and Cassio distrusts Iago.
(b) He is supposed to be at the courthouse.
(c) He was just discussing an affair with his wife.
(d) He is nervous to be around Othello who is so angry with him.
3. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
(a) Poison her.
(b) Publicly disgrace her.
(c) Strangle her in their bed.
(d) Divorce her and take her dowry.
4. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Herself and her purity.
(b) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Iago and his honesty.
5. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(b) The Duke's wife.
(d) A street walker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)