|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A romance.
2. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
(b) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(c) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
(d) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
3. Who comes in the room after Othello has killed Desdemona?
4. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Has him arrested.
(b) Chides him publicly.
(c) Strips him of his title.
(d) Beats him publicly.
5. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(b) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(c) Iago and his honesty.
(d) Herself and her purity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
3. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
5. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)