|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
(d) The Duke.
2. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His dishonesty.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His lusty past.
(d) His jealousy.
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(b) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(c) His wife's sickness.
(d) Othello's marriage.
4. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Desdemona's infidelity.
(b) The strategies of war.
(c) The lost handkerchief.
(d) Politics of Cyprus and Venice.
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Anger Cassio.
(b) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(c) Get Cassio drunk.
(d) Take advantage of Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
3. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
5. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)