|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of Venice.
(d) The Duke of Cyprus.
2. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The lost handkerchief.
(b) The strategies of war.
(c) Politics of Cyprus and Venice.
(d) Desdemona's infidelity.
3. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(b) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
(c) A message from the Duke.
(d) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
4. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(b) That she has been pure and innocent.
(c) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
(d) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
5. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
(a) Othello has been with Desdemona almost every instant.
(b) Othello is a much better man than Cassio.
(c) Othello loves her and knows how virtuous she is.
(d) Othello refuses to admit that his own wife would leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
5. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)