|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(b) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(c) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(d) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
2. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Thank him for his service.
(b) Order him to leave.
(c) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(d) Promote him to lieutenant.
3. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A letter.
(b) Orders for Cassio.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A package.
4. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
(b) It always works itself out in the end.
(c) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
(d) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
5. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 1.
(b) Act 3, Scene 3.
(c) Act 3, Scene 4.
(d) Act 3, Scene 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
2. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
3. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
4. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
5. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)