|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(b) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(c) The victory over the Turks.
(d) The capture of a Turkish spy.
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Thank him for his service.
(b) Order him to leave.
(c) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(d) Promote him to lieutenant.
4. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(b) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(c) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(d) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
5. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She tries to get him to stay.
(b) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(c) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(d) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
2. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
3. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
4. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)