|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(b) The Duke's wife.
2. Where is Iago from?
3. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(b) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
(c) He has never acted like this before.
(d) He seems worried and distracted.
4. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(b) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(c) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(d) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
5. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To confer with the Duke.
(b) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(c) To inspect the fortifications.
(d) To attend the trial of Cassio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
3. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
4. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)