|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(b) Iago and his honesty.
(c) Herself and her purity.
(d) Cassio and his faithfulness.
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Pursue Desdemona.
(c) Report Roderigo for behavior unbecoming of an officer.
(d) Gamble his salary.
3. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(b) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(c) He does not want her to run away.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
4. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(d) The Duke.
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
2. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)