|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Present evidence.
(c) Listen to her response.
(d) Threaten her.
2. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(b) A street walker.
(c) The Duke's wife.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
4. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(b) She is stricken and confused.
(c) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(d) She is angry.
5. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He bows to her.
(d) He kisses her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
3. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
4. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)