|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) The Duke.
2. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "This is not the time."
(b) "Never while I am alive."
(c) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
(d) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells Brabantio.
(b) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(c) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(d) He pays a man to kill Othello.
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His lusty past.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His dishonesty.
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He seems worried and distracted.
(b) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(c) He has never acted like this before.
(d) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
2. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
3. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
4. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
5. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)