|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A beggar.
(b) No more than a man.
(c) A beast.
(d) A fool.
2. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(b) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(c) He is racist against all moors.
(d) He wants revenge.
3. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
(a) They all get jealous.
(b) They all realize they do not love their wives.
(c) They all get cheated on.
(d) They find who their true friends are.
4. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) Her empty bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
3. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
4. What is the name of Iago's wife?
5. What drives the plot of this play?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)