|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He is racist against all moors.
(b) He wants revenge.
(c) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(d) He wants Desdemona for himself.
2. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Fill their lives with dischord.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Put it to rest.
3. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
(a) The Duke's wife.
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(c) Iago and his wife.
5. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A trial.
(b) An invasion.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A mass feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
3. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
4. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)