|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(c) A street walker.
(d) The Duke's wife.
2. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(b) A messenger.
(d) The Duke.
3. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(c) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(d) She is stricken and confused.
4. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(b) Rash judgement.
5. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
(a) Cough a great deal.
(b) Pretend to have watery eyes.
(c) Ask kindly for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
4. What drives the plot of this play?
5. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)