|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(b) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(c) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
(d) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He loves her.
(b) She has a lot of money.
(c) He has had a vision about her.
(d) She is very beautiful.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
4. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(d) Endearing men to her.
5. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His money.
(b) His health.
(c) His career.
(d) His time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
3. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
5. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)