|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(b) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(c) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(d) Bewitching Desdemona.
2. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she will always get her way with him.
(c) That she is a very greedy woman.
(d) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(d) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) She met him at the market place.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
5. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is irrational and sexist.
(b) It describes herself to a tee.
(c) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(d) It is kind and sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
2. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
5. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)