|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Plant it in Cassio's household.
(b) Return it to Desdemona.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Sell it.
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Take orders.
(b) Tell lies.
(c) Kill men.
(d) Give orders.
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(b) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(c) Encourages him to find a new love.
(d) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
4. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A romance.
(c) A drama.
(d) A comedy.
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Othello.
(c) Kill Cassio.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
3. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
4. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)