|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(b) The victory over the Turks.
(c) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
2. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
(a) He is ashamed of Cassio but thinks he has learned his lesson.
(b) He loves Cassio and wants him back in his service.
(c) He is jealous of Cassio and his easy way with women.
(d) He is embarassed by Cassio and never wants to see him again.
3. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(d) The Duke.
4. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) A messenger.
(d) The Duke.
5. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
(a) Drive Desdemona to Othello's house so they could visit.
(b) Deliver messages of love back and forth between the two.
(c) Stand guard while they secretly visited.
(d) Keet their relationship a secret from the public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drives the plot of this play?
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
4. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
5. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)