|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Bring Desdemona to him.
(b) Deliver a letter.
(c) Keep this conversation a secret.
(d) Leave his services immediately.
2. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To provide comic relief.
(b) To tell the history.
(c) To provide ironic situations.
(d) To relay important messages.
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(b) Kill Cassio.
(c) Spread rumors about Othello.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
4. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(c) A street walker.
(d) The Duke's wife.
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It is a symbol of love.
(b) It was his grandmother's.
(c) It is from a far away land.
(d) It has magical powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)