|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(b) Herself and her purity.
(c) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(d) Iago and his honesty.
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He bows to her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He ignores her.
3. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
(b) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(c) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
(d) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
4. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
(b) It always works itself out in the end.
(c) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
(d) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
5. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He had to complete important business.
(b) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
2. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
3. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
5. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)