|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(b) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
(c) To kill Cassio.
(d) To play the part of the faithful servant.
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Heathens.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Devil.
3. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 1.
(b) Act 3, Scene 2.
(c) Act 3, Scene 3.
(d) Act 3, Scene 4.
4. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
(a) Cough a great deal.
(b) Ask kindly for it.
(c) Pretend to have watery eyes.
5. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(b) The Duke's wife.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)