|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
(a) That it needs no cause because it feeds upon itself.
(b) It is too powerful for a woman to combat.
(c) It always works itself out in the end.
(d) It will destroy her and everyone she holds dear.
2. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His dishonesty.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His lusty past.
3. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
(b) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(c) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
(d) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(b) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(c) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(d) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
5. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) News from Venice.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(d) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what genre is this play categorized?
2. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
3. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
4. Why does Iago have to work so hard to convince Othello that Desdemona is unfaithful?
5. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)