|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(c) A dancer.
(d) The Duke.
3. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(b) Endearing men to her.
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(b) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(c) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(d) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
5. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
(b) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(c) A message from the Duke.
(d) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
2. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. What drives the plot of this play?
5. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)