|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A pompous fool.
(b) A faithful servant.
(c) A snake in the grass.
(d) An honest fellow.
2. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To divorce his wife.
(b) To kill Cassio.
(c) To play the part of the faithful servant.
(d) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A storm.
4. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
(d) The Duke.
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(c) Her stupidity.
(d) Her constant talking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
2. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
3. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
5. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)