|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(b) He tells Brabantio.
(c) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(d) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The Senate.
3. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(b) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
(c) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
(d) A message from the Duke.
4. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(d) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
5. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(b) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(c) Bewitching Desdemona.
(d) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
2. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
3. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
4. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
5. What is the name of Iago's wife?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)