|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Anger Cassio.
(b) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(c) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(d) Get Cassio drunk.
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He bows to her.
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(d) Othellos is married.
4. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was talking with Emilia.
(b) She was visiting with Cassio.
(c) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(d) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
5. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
(b) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(c) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(d) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
2. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
5. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)