|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(b) He is a moor.
(c) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(d) Iago told him this.
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
(a) Pursue Desdemona.
(b) Gamble his salary.
(c) Drink some wine.
(d) Report Roderigo for behavior unbecoming of an officer.
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) A hidden coral reef.
(c) Othello's crew.
(d) A storm.
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
5. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
4. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
5. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)