|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(b) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(c) Encourages him to find a new love.
(d) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 2, Scene 3.
(d) Act 1, Scene 4.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) Her empty bed.
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
3. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
5. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)