|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(b) She was visiting with Cassio.
(c) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(d) She was talking with Emilia.
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He bows to her.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He kisses her.
3. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(b) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He had to complete important business.
4. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To play the part of the faithful servant.
(b) To kill Cassio.
(c) To divorce his wife.
(d) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It is from a far away land.
(b) It has magical powers.
(c) It was his grandmother's.
(d) It is a symbol of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
2. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
4. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
5. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)