|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Iago trying to destroy Othello's marriage?
(a) He is racist against all moors.
(b) He feels Othello is unfit to serve him.
(c) He wants Desdemona for himself.
(d) He wants revenge.
2. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To provide ironic situations.
(b) To provide comic relief.
(c) To relay important messages.
(d) To tell the history.
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 2, Scene 2.
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
5. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(b) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(c) She was talking with Emilia.
(d) She was visiting with Cassio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
2. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)