|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello do to get Desdemona to use her handkerchief while she is waiting for Cassio?
(b) Pretend to have watery eyes.
(c) Cough a great deal.
(d) Ask kindly for it.
2. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(b) The Duke.
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Take an oath of honesty.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
4. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(d) Othello is running from the law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)