|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(d) Othello is running from the law.
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Heathens.
(d) The Moors.
3. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(b) The Duke.
(c) General Stringham.
4. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(b) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(c) She tries to get him to stay.
(d) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
5. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(b) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(c) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(d) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
3. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
5. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)