|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her godfather.
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He lost a bet.
(b) He hates Othello.
(c) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(d) He loves Desdemona.
4. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He does not hold his liquor well.
(b) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(c) Roderigo is his good friend.
(d) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)