|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(b) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(c) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(d) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Heathens.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Turks.
(d) The Moors.
3. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A mass feast.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An invasion.
(d) A trial.
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(d) Await his trial time in the jail.
5. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
(a) He does not want to be seen in public with her.
(b) He does not want Desdemona to get jealous.
(c) He does not want Bianca to see him with Desdemona.
(d) Her presence will not help his case with Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
3. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
5. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)