|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
4. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
(b) He seems worried and distracted.
(c) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(d) He has never acted like this before.
5. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That she will always get her way with him.
(c) That she is a very greedy woman.
(d) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
5. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)