|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(b) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(c) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
2. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) Her empty bed.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) A note.
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(b) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(c) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(d) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His social reputation.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His military status.
5. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
(b) Rash judgement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
4. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)