|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
(b) The Duke.
2. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His lusty past.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His dishonesty.
3. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The gossip of the town.
(b) The status of the war.
(c) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(d) Iago's wife and her treachery.
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
(b) A dancer.
5. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The clown.
(c) A servant.
(d) The Duke's messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
3. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
4. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
5. What drives the plot of this play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)