|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Iago and his honesty.
(b) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(c) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(d) Herself and her purity.
2. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(b) He does not hold his liquor well.
(c) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
(d) Roderigo is his good friend.
3. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Promote him to lieutenant.
(b) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(c) Thank him for his service.
(d) Order him to leave.
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
5. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The historical events.
(b) The whims of the narrator.
(c) The crises of the society.
(d) The choices of the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
3. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)