|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
2. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Turks.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Heathens.
(d) The Moors.
3. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It is a symbol of love.
(b) It has magical powers.
(c) It is from a far away land.
(d) It was his grandmother's.
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her constant talking.
(b) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her stupidity.
5. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
2. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
3. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
5. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)