|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
(b) He had to complete important business.
(c) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(d) He has a headache.
2. What is the name of Iago's wife?
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(b) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(c) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(d) He tells Brabantio.
4. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(d) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) His own house.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The Duke's house.
(d) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
4. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
5. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)