|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A romance.
2. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Fill their lives with dischord.
(b) Put it to rest.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Make them both sing solos.
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
4. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) He believes Iago is kind and unintelligent.
(b) He believes Iago is honest and pure.
(c) He believes Iago is treacherous and evil.
(d) He believes Iago is honorable and humble.
5. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
(a) He sees a chance to prove his loyalty by calming Othello down.
(b) He sees a chance to get more power.
(c) He knows that they will divorce and he can be with Desdemona.
(d) He knows that his plan is working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
2. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
4. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)