|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
2. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her godfather.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her grandfather.
3. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It has magical powers.
(b) It is a symbol of love.
(c) It was his grandmother's.
(d) It is from a far away land.
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(b) They sneak into his bedroom.
(c) They knock on the door.
(d) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
5. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(b) Promote him to lieutenant.
(c) Thank him for his service.
(d) Order him to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
4. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)