|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Frame Othello for a murder.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
4. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Increase the harmony.
(c) Put it to rest.
(d) Fill their lives with dischord.
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(b) He is a moor.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) He has seen Othello do it to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
2. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
5. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)