|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(b) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(c) He tells Brabantio.
(d) He pays a man to kill Othello.
2. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Strips him of his title.
(b) Has him arrested.
(c) Chides him publicly.
(d) Beats him publicly.
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(d) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
5. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)