|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(b) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The victory over the Turks.
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(a) The audience.
(b) The Duke.
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(b) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(c) He tells Brabantio.
(d) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
4. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) This is widely rumored about Othello.
5. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
2. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
3. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
5. What is the shortest scene in the book?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)