|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke.
(d) The Duke's wife.
2. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(b) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(c) She is simple and sweet.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
4. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(a) The Duke.
5. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 2, Scene 2.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. To what genre is this play categorized?
4. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
5. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)