|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is scared and tries to run.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(d) He is angry and offended.
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(d) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is running from the law.
5. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) No more than a man.
(b) A fool.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
4. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)