|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A hidden coral reef.
(b) A storm.
(c) A mutinous attack.
(d) Othello's crew.
2. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A fool.
(b) A beast.
(c) No more than a man.
(d) A beggar.
3. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
(a) Gamble his salary.
(b) Pursue Desdemona.
(c) Report Roderigo for behavior unbecoming of an officer.
(d) Drink some wine.
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
(b) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(c) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(d) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
5. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Heathens.
(b) The Moors.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
2. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
5. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)