|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He has had a vision about her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) She has a lot of money.
(d) She is very beautiful.
2. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
3. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is just noise.
(b) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(c) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(d) She met him at the market place.
5. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
2. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
4. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)