|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(d) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
2. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(b) They knock on the door.
(c) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(d) They sneak into his bedroom.
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her stupidity.
(b) Her constant talking.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her lack of stylish clothing.
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(b) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(c) The status of the war.
(d) The gossip of the town.
5. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(c) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(d) The victory over the Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
2. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
4. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
5. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)