|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His dishonesty.
(b) His lusty past.
(c) His arrogance.
(d) His jealousy.
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) A dancer.
(b) The Duke.
3. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A mass feast.
(b) A trial.
(c) An invasion.
(d) A wedding.
4. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
5. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(b) The victory over the Turks.
(c) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(d) The capture of a Turkish spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
4. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)