|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 1, Scene 4.
(b) Act 2, Scene 3.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 2, Scene 2.
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
(b) A dancer.
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(c) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(d) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Blush and act embarrassed.
(b) Kiss passionately.
(c) Embrace warmly.
(d) Chide each other for scaring the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
2. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)