|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His dishonesty.
(b) His lusty past.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His arrogance.
2. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
3. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He does not hold his liquor well.
(b) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(c) Roderigo is his good friend.
(d) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) The Duke's house.
(b) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(c) His own house.
(d) Brabantio's house.
5. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Bewitching Desdemona.
(b) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(c) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(d) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
3. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
4. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
5. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)