|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Iago from?
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(d) Othellos is married.
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His courage.
(c) His style.
(d) His love.
4. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Has him arrested.
(b) Chides him publicly.
(c) Beats him publicly.
(d) Strips him of his title.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. What drives the plot of this play?
3. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
5. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)