|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Increase the harmony.
(c) Fill their lives with dischord.
(d) Put it to rest.
2. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(d) The Duke.
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(b) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(c) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(d) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(d) His wife.
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her constant talking.
(c) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(d) Her stupidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
3. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
5. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)