|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Iago.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Othello.
(d) Kill Desdeona.
2. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(b) A messenger.
(c) The Duke.
3. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
(a) The Duke.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) Her empty bed.
(b) A note.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) A receipt for a carriage.
5. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He has had a vision about her.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She has a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
2. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
5. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)