|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To provide ironic situations.
(b) To tell the history.
(c) To relay important messages.
(d) To provide comic relief.
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
3. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(d) The Duke.
4. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Iago's wife?
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)