|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) The clown.
(b) A beggar boy.
(c) A musician.
(d) A lord.
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(b) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Take an oath of honesty.
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A storm.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A mutinous attack.
(d) A hidden coral reef.
5. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How much they admire Othello.
(b) How lovely Desdemona is.
(c) How much they hate Othello.
(d) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)