|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
(c) The Duke.
2. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His social reputation.
(b) His virtue.
(d) His military status.
3. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(b) Allow Othello to go free.
(c) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(b) Her stupidity.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her constant talking.
5. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
2. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
3. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
4. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)