|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
2. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Duke of Cyprus.
(d) The Duke of Venice.
3. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is just noise.
(b) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is highly important and should be listened to.
4. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Desdeona.
(b) Kill Iago.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Othello.
5. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(c) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(d) Spread rumors about Cassio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
5. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)