|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her godfather.
2. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Duke's wife.
3. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A trial.
(c) A mass feast.
(d) An invasion.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Encourages him to find a new love.
(b) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(c) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(d) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) Iago told him this.
(c) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(d) He is a moor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
2. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)