|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
(a) The Heathens.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Moors.
(d) The Turks.
2. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(b) General Stringham.
(c) The Duke.
3. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(b) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
(c) He does not hold his liquor well.
(d) Roderigo is his good friend.
4. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The Duke of Venice.
(c) The Duke of Cyprus.
5. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(b) The Duke's wife.
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
2. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)