|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(b) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
(c) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(d) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
2. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
(a) Drink some wine.
(b) Pursue Desdemona.
(c) Report Roderigo for behavior unbecoming of an officer.
(d) Gamble his salary.
3. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Beats him publicly.
(b) Has him arrested.
(c) Strips him of his title.
(d) Chides him publicly.
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He slept with his wife.
(b) He married Desdemona.
(c) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(d) He is a moor.
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) The Duke.
(c) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
4. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
5. To what genre is this play categorized?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)