|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Desdeona.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill Othello.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is scared and tries to run.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is angry and offended.
(d) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) The Duke's house.
(b) His own house.
(c) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(d) Brabantio's house.
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A receipt for a carriage.
(b) A note.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) Her empty bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What is the name of Iago's wife?
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)