|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A romance.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A drama.
(d) A tragedy.
2. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
5. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(b) The victory over the Turks.
(c) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(d) The capture of a Turkish spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
2. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
4. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
5. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)