|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(b) Allow Othello to go free.
(c) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(d) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He bows to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He kisses her.
3. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His love.
(b) His courage.
(c) His style.
(d) His creativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
2. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
3. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)