|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(d) She is simple and sweet.
2. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) The Duke's house.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
3. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(b) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
4. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He does not hold his liquor well.
(b) Roderigo is his good friend.
(c) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(d) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
5. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)