|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His style.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His courage.
(d) His love.
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Take an oath of honesty.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(d) Await his trial time in the jail.
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
(b) A dancer.
5. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
2. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
3. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
4. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
5. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)