|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Take an oath of honesty.
(d) Await his trial time in the jail.
2. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is just noise.
(b) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(c) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(d) It is nothing important and has no merit.
3. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(a) The Duke's wife.
(c) The Duke.
4. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His courage.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His love.
(d) His style.
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(b) She is simple and sweet.
(c) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
4. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)