|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He embraces his new son.
(b) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(c) He attacks Othello.
(d) He disowns her.
2. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
3. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(c) The Duke.
4. What does Cassio call himself after he has been punished for his brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) A beast.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A fool.
(d) No more than a man.
5. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The whims of the narrator.
(b) The historical events.
(c) The crises of the society.
(d) The choices of the characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
4. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
5. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)