|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The whims of the narrator.
(b) The historical events.
(c) The choices of the characters.
(d) The crises of the society.
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He slept with his wife.
(b) He is a moor.
(c) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(d) He married Desdemona.
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is kind and sweet.
(b) It is irrational and sexist.
(c) It describes herself to a tee.
(d) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
(c) A dancer.
5. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) A messenger.
(b) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
4. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)