|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The audience.
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He tells Brabantio.
(b) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(c) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(d) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(b) The status of the war.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) Iago's wife and her treachery.
5. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of Venice.
(d) The Duke of Cyprus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
4. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)