|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It is irrational and sexist.
(d) It describes herself to a tee.
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Encourages him to find a new love.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(d) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The inn.
(b) Othello's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) Brabantio's house.
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is simple and sweet.
(c) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(d) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
2. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)