|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her godfather.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her father.
2. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
(b) Desdemona's opinion of him.
(c) The loss of his reputation.
(d) The drop in pay.
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(d) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(d) The Duke.
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
2. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
3. Who does Othello compare Cassio to when he sees Cassio fighting?
4. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
5. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)