|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has a criminal record.
(b) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(c) Cassio has no real military experience.
(d) Iago has seniority.
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
3. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(b) The Duke.
(d) A dancer.
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) The town square.
(c) Othello's house.
(d) The inn.
5. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
3. What is the name of Iago's wife?
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
5. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)