|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Iago.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Desdeona.
2. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
(d) A messenger.
3. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She has a lot of money.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) He has had a vision about her.
(d) He loves her.
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His military status.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His social reputation.
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(b) The Duke.
(c) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
2. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)