|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 2, Scene 3.
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(b) His wife.
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He slept with his wife.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
5. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Chides him publicly.
(b) Beats him publicly.
(c) Has him arrested.
(d) Strips him of his title.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
3. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)