|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(d) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(c) The victory over the Turks.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
4. What is Cassio most worried about after his punishment?
(a) The loss of his reputation.
(b) Desdemona's opinion of him.
(c) The expensive clothes that were ruined in the brawl.
(d) The drop in pay.
5. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of Venice.
(d) The Duke of Cyprus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
2. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
3. What is the name of Iago's wife?
4. Who does Cassio fight with on his first night in Cyprus?
5. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)