|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His military status.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His social reputation.
2. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(b) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) Iago told him this.
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 3.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 1, Scene 4.
(d) Act 2, Scene 2.
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A storm.
(d) A hidden coral reef.
5. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He bows to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
3. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
4. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)