|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
2. Who does Othello put in charge of restoring order after Cassio's brawl in the street of Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is kind and sweet.
(b) It is irrational and sexist.
(c) It describes herself to a tee.
(d) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
4. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Desdeona.
(b) Kill Iago.
(c) Kill Othello.
(d) Kill himself.
5. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How much they admire Othello.
(b) How much they hate Othello.
(c) How lovely Desdemona is.
(d) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
2. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
4. What is the shortest scene in the book?
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)