|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(b) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(c) He tells Brabantio.
(d) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
3. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A mass feast.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A trial.
(d) An invasion.
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(b) Iago and his wife.
5. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
2. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)