|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
(c) The Duke.
2. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) She met him at the market place.
(c) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(d) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His courage.
(b) His love.
(c) His style.
(d) His creativity.
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The town square.
(b) The inn.
(c) Othello's house.
(d) Brabantio's house.
5. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(c) The victory over the Turks.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
4. During their discussion while on watch together, what does Iago urge Cassio to do?
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)