|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His military status.
(c) His social reputation.
(d) His virtue.
2. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A drama.
(d) A romance.
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(d) They sneak into his bedroom.
4. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 1, Scene 4.
(b) Act 3, Scene 1.
(c) Act 2, Scene 3.
(d) Act 2, Scene 2.
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(b) The Duke.
(c) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
2. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
3. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)