|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) He has had a vision about her.
(c) She has a lot of money.
(d) He loves her.
2. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They knock on the door.
(d) They sneak into his bedroom.
3. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He bows to her.
(d) He ignores her.
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The status of the war.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
5. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A tragedy.
(d) A romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
4. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)