|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The status of the war.
(b) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) Iago's wife and her treachery.
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He disowns her.
(b) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(c) He embraces his new son.
(d) He attacks Othello.
3. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Give orders.
(b) Kill men.
(c) Take orders.
(d) Tell lies.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) A marriage license.
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Frame Othello for a murder.
(b) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Woo Desdemona himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)