|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(b) He lost a bet.
(c) He hates Othello.
(d) He loves Desdemona.
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
(d) The audience.
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
2. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
3. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)