|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(b) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(c) Bewitching Desdemona.
(d) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(a) The audience.
(b) The Duke.
4. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(d) The Duke.
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Tell lies.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Kill men.
(d) Give orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)