|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(b) The Duke's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) Brabantio's house.
2. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His virtue.
(b) His military status.
(d) His social reputation.
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has a criminal record.
(b) Cassio has no real military experience.
(c) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(d) Iago has seniority.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A marriage license.
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His lusty past.
(b) His dishonesty.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His arrogance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
4. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
5. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)