|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(d) The Duke.
2. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) She met him at the market place.
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Sleep with Desdemona.
(d) Get him run out of town because of his race.
5. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
5. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)