|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The audience.
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He bows to her.
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His dishonesty.
(d) His lusty past.
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Take an oath of honesty.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(d) Await his trial time in the jail.
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
5. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)