|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The audience.
2. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(d) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He slept with his wife.
(b) He is a moor.
(c) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(d) He married Desdemona.
4. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(d) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
5. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
2. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
3. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)