|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He disowns her.
(b) He attacks Othello.
(c) He embraces his new son.
(d) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
2. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(b) The gossip of the town.
(c) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(d) The status of the war.
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The inn.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) Othello's house.
5. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is kind and sweet.
(b) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(c) It describes herself to a tee.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
4. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
5. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)