|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(d) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(c) He lost a bet.
(d) He hates Othello.
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(c) His wife.
5. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Increase the harmony.
(c) Put it to rest.
(d) Fill their lives with dischord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
2. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
3. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
4. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)