|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) Othello's house.
(c) The inn.
(d) The town square.
2. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) Othello's crew.
(b) A hidden coral reef.
(c) A mutinous attack.
(d) A storm.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
4. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her godfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her grandfather.
5. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He married Desdemona.
(c) He slept with his wife.
(d) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
4. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)