|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) His wife's sickness.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
2. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is simple and sweet.
(d) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(d) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The gossip of the town.
(c) The status of the war.
(d) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
5. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
2. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
4. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
5. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)