|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) Othello's crew.
(b) A storm.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A mutinous attack.
2. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
3. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He bows to her.
(d) He kisses her.
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her constant talking.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(d) Her stupidity.
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The inn.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) Othello's house.
(d) The town square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
4. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)