|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(b) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Tell lies.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Give orders.
(d) Kill men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
3. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)