|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) The Duke's house.
(b) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(c) His own house.
(d) Brabantio's house.
5. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(b) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(c) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(d) Bewitching Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
2. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
3. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
4. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)