|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He slept with his wife.
(d) He is a moor.
3. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He embraces his new son.
(b) He disowns her.
(c) He attacks Othello.
(d) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)