|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He attacks Othello.
(b) He embraces his new son.
(c) He disowns her.
(d) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
3. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The town square.
(b) Othello's house.
(c) The inn.
(d) Brabantio's house.
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He slept with his wife.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
5. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
4. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)