|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(d) His wife.
2. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her godfather.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her father.
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her constant talking.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(d) Her stupidity.
4. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(d) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
5. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Fill their lives with dischord.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Put it to rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
2. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)