|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(b) The Duke.
2. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(b) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her godfather.
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It describes herself to a tee.
(b) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(c) It is kind and sweet.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(b) His own house.
(c) The Duke's house.
(d) Brabantio's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)