|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Put it to rest.
(b) Make them both sing solos.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Fill their lives with dischord.
2. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The status of the war.
(b) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(a) The audience.
(d) The Duke.
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Desdeona.
(d) Kill Iago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
2. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
5. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)