|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(a) His wife.
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(b) Othello's marriage.
(c) His wife's sickness.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
4. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Allow Othello to go free.
(c) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
5. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Put it to rest.
(b) Make them both sing solos.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Fill their lives with dischord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
2. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
3. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
4. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
5. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)