|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He has had a vision about her.
(c) She has a lot of money.
(d) She is very beautiful.
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(d) His wife's sickness.
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
5. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(b) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(c) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(d) He tells Brabantio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)