|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her godfather.
(d) He is her grandfather.
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His style.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His courage.
(d) His love.
4. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(c) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Kill men.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Tell lies.
(d) Give orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)