|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Desdeona.
(c) Kill Othello.
(d) Kill Iago.
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He is a moor.
(c) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(d) He slept with his wife.
4. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His lusty past.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His dishonesty.
(d) His arrogance.
5. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His love.
(b) His courage.
(c) His style.
(d) His creativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
2. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)