|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He slept with his wife.
(d) He is a moor.
2. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(d) She is simple and sweet.
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) Othello's marriage.
(d) His wife's sickness.
5. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Fill their lives with dischord.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Put it to rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
2. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)