|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is angry and offended.
(b) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(c) He is scared and tries to run.
(d) He is patient and understanding.
3. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(b) Allow Othello to go free.
(c) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(b) They knock on the door.
(c) They sneak into his bedroom.
(d) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill Desdeona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
2. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)