|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is patient and understanding.
(b) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(c) He is scared and tries to run.
(d) He is angry and offended.
3. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(b) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) The status of the war.
4. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A receipt for a carriage.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A note.
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Give orders.
(b) Kill men.
(c) Tell lies.
(d) Take orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)