|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(c) The status of the war.
(d) The gossip of the town.
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(b) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(c) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(d) Encourages him to find a new love.
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His military status.
(b) His social reputation.
(c) His virtue.
5. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)