|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He lost a bet.
(c) He hates Othello.
(d) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Othello.
(b) Kill Iago.
(c) Kill Desdeona.
(d) Kill himself.
3. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is angry and offended.
(d) He is scared and tries to run.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(b) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(c) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(d) Encourages him to find a new love.
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) Othello's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) The inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
2. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
4. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)