|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(b) He tells Brabantio.
(c) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(d) He pays a man to kill Othello.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is scared and tries to run.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(d) He is angry and offended.
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her godfather.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Spread rumors about Cassio.
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Desdeona.
(d) Kill Iago.
Short Answer Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
2. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
3. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
4. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)