|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(d) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
2. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) A note.
(d) Her empty bed.
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(c) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(d) Allow Othello to go free.
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(b) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
5. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)