|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
3. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(b) Allow Othello to go free.
(c) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(d) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
4. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is angry and offended.
(b) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(c) He is patient and understanding.
(d) He is scared and tries to run.
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
2. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)