|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He disowns her.
(b) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(c) He embraces his new son.
(d) He attacks Othello.
2. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(d) His wife.
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) The town square.
(c) Othello's house.
(d) The inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
2. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
4. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)