|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Iago.
(b) Kill Desdeona.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Othello.
2. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) She met him at the market place.
(c) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(d) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
5. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Bewitching Desdemona.
(b) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
(c) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(d) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
2. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)