|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(b) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
2. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Iago has seniority.
(b) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(c) Cassio has no real military experience.
(d) Cassio has a criminal record.
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They sneak into his bedroom.
(d) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(d) His wife.
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
2. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
5. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)