|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) Her empty bed.
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He disowns her.
(b) He embraces his new son.
(c) He attacks Othello.
(d) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He slept with his wife.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He married Desdemona.
(d) He is a moor.
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Take an oath of honesty.
(d) Await his trial time in the jail.
5. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her godfather.
(b) He is her grandfather.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
2. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)