|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He married Desdemona.
(c) He slept with his wife.
(d) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
2. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His military status.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His social reputation.
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othellos is married.
4. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She has a lot of money.
(b) He has had a vision about her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She is very beautiful.
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) His own house.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The Duke's house.
(d) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
2. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
3. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
5. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)