|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(b) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(c) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
(d) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill Desdeona.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill Othello.
3. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) His wife's sickness.
(c) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(d) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
5. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(c) Iago and his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
2. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
4. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
5. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)