|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Take an oath of honesty.
(c) Depart to spy on the Turks.
(d) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
2. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(b) Cassio has no real military experience.
(c) Iago has seniority.
(d) Cassio has a criminal record.
3. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
4. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) This is widely rumored about Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)