|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
2. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(b) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(c) Allow Othello to go free.
(d) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) Her empty bed.
(b) A receipt for a carriage.
(c) A marriage license.
(d) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
5. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)