|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has no real military experience.
(b) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(c) Cassio has a criminal record.
(d) Iago has seniority.
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(c) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
4. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She has a lot of money.
(c) He has had a vision about her.
(d) He loves her.
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
2. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)