|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A receipt for a carriage.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A note.
(d) A marriage license.
2. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) The inn.
(c) Othello's house.
(d) The town square.
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has no real military experience.
(b) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(c) Cassio has a criminal record.
(d) Iago has seniority.
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(b) They knock on the door.
(c) They sneak into his bedroom.
(d) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
2. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
3. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
5. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)