|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(b) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(c) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(d) Allow Othello to go free.
2. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(c) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
3. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Encourages him to find a new love.
(b) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(c) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(d) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
5. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has no real military experience.
(b) Cassio has a criminal record.
(c) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(d) Iago has seniority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
2. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
5. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)