|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) The inn.
(c) The town square.
(d) Othello's house.
2. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) Her empty bed.
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Iago.
(b) Kill Desdeona.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Othello.
4. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)