|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(b) Othello is running from the law.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
2. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His social reputation.
(c) His military status.
(d) His virtue.
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Othello.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill Desdeona.
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) Othello's house.
(c) The town square.
(d) The inn.
5. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He hates Othello.
(c) He lost a bet.
(d) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
2. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)