|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Take an oath of honesty.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Await his trial time in the jail.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
5. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He lost a bet.
(b) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(c) He loves Desdemona.
(d) He hates Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)