|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
(b) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(c) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(d) Allow Othello to go free.
2. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
(a) Bewitching Desdemona.
(b) Kidnapping Desdemona against her will.
(c) Taking Desdemona's virtue.
(d) Stealing precious jewels from Desdemona.
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He lost a bet.
(b) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(c) He loves Desdemona.
(d) He hates Othello.
4. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Cassio has a criminal record.
(b) Iago has seniority.
(c) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(d) Cassio has no real military experience.
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
2. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
4. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)