|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(d) His wife's sickness.
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Tell lies.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Kill men.
(d) Give orders.
3. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His social reputation.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His military status.
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(d) They sneak into his bedroom.
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
2. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
3. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
5. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)