|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Tell lies.
(b) Kill men.
(c) Take orders.
(d) Give orders.
2. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Othello.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Desdeona.
(d) Kill Iago.
3. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Sleep with Desdemona.
(d) Get him run out of town because of his race.
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He slept with his wife.
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) Her empty bed.
(b) A note.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) A marriage license.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)