|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello reveal to Desdemona after she explains to him the kind of love she has for Cassio?
(a) That he saw Cassio and her together.
(b) That he knows she is lying.
(c) That Cassio is dead.
(d) That he believes her.
2. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
(a) Othello is having an affair.
(b) Things will get better now that they have reached the worst.
(c) Othello wants to kill her.
(d) Her happy marriage is over.
3. What does Emilia sing as she is dying?
(a) Love Song.
(c) Birch Forest.
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It describes herself to a tee.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
5. What does Othello see in the street at night that motivates him to rush to see Desdemona?
(a) Cassio wounded in the street.
(b) Cassio with another woman.
(c) Roderigo bleeding in a jail cell.
(d) A note from Iago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
2. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
3. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
5. As she is dying, who does Desdemona says has killed her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)