|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(b) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
(c) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
(d) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
2. What does Othello do after Iago lies about over hearing Cassio brag about being with Desdemona?
(a) He starts throwing things.
(b) He punches Iago.
(c) He screams at the top of his lungs.
(d) He goes into a trance-like state.
3. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(b) He is having an affair of his own.
(c) Affairs of the state.
(d) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
4. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
5. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Cassio comes in after Othello has reacted to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(a) Get Desdemona to admit to her affair with Cassio.
(b) Hide and listen to their conversation about infidelity.
(c) Find a weapon to kill him with.
(d) Find a police man to arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
2. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
4. Who enters the room and is surprised to see Cassio with a handkerchief?
5. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)