Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Desdemona give Othello for his odd behavior towards her?
(a) He is worried over matters of the state.
(b) He is very angry at Cassio's betrayal.
(c) He is afraid of his upcoming battle now that he has a wife.
(d) He is filled with jealousy.
2. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(c) That she will always get her way with him.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
3. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Buy Othello a gift.
(b) Appeal to Othello himself.
(c) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(d) Have patience.
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(c) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
5. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
(b) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
(c) A message from the Duke.
(d) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Iago from?
2. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
3. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
5. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)