|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(c) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
2. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(b) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
3. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
4. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her godfather.
5. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
2. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
4. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
5. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)