|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) A messenger.
(b) A servant.
(c) The clown.
(d) The Duke's messenger.
2. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
(a) Wait in the parlor for him to return.
(b) Forgive him for his earlier rash behavior.
(c) Pack her things and leave in the morning.
(d) Go to bed and dismiss Emilia.
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Kill Cassio.
4. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was talking with Emilia.
(b) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
(c) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(d) She was visiting with Cassio.
5. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(b) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(c) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(d) Write a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
2. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
3. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
4. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
5. What does Emilia tell Desdemona about jealousy after Othello leaves in a huff?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)