|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
(a) A decree of divorce.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
2. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
(a) Can Othello really believe that she has cheated?
(b) Do husbands cheat on their wives?
(c) Has Emilia ever cheated?
(d) Do women really cheat on their husbands?
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They sneak into his bedroom.
(b) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(c) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(d) They knock on the door.
4. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some stylists.
(b) Some musicians.
(c) Some dancers.
(d) Some servants.
5. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(b) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) News from Venice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
4. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
5. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)