|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His career.
(b) His money.
(c) His time.
(d) His health.
2. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(b) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(c) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(d) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
3. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The consequences of remaining naive.
(b) The harsh reality of the world.
(c) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
(d) The true nature of marriage.
4. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
(a) To play the part of the faithful servant.
(b) To kill Cassio.
(c) To continue his plan to ruin Othello's marriage.
(d) To divorce his wife.
5. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He had to complete important business.
(c) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(d) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
5. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)