|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the after-dinner walk, what does Emilia tell Desdemona that she wishes?
(a) That Desdemona and Othello had never met.
(b) That Iago and Othello had never met.
(c) That she had never met Iago.
(d) That Othello would believe in Desdemona's faithfulness.
2. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(b) Endearing men to her.
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) His wife's sickness.
4. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The town square.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The inn.
(d) Othello's house.
5. What does Desdemona say is not an excuse for her to behave badly?
(a) The bad behavior of others.
(b) Jealousy and envy.
(d) A feeling of loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
4. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
5. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)