|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
(a) Do husbands cheat on their wives?
(b) Has Emilia ever cheated?
(c) Can Othello really believe that she has cheated?
(d) Do women really cheat on their husbands?
2. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
(b) He has never acted like this before.
(c) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(d) He seems worried and distracted.
3. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(c) Iago and his wife.
4. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Duke.
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) Iago told him this.
(b) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(c) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(d) He is a moor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
2. What does Desdemona know for certain as she readies herself for bed?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
4. What does Othello do after reading his letter from the Duke that Lodovico brings?
5. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)