|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
(a) How lovely Desdemona is.
(b) How much they hate Othello.
(c) How much they admire Othello.
(d) How sweet the marriage between Othello and Desdemona is.
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His style.
(b) His love.
(c) His creativity.
(d) His courage.
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
(d) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
4. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
(a) Allow Othello to go free.
(b) Test Desdemona for signs of having been bewitched.
(c) Hear Desdemona's version of the story.
(d) Arrest Brabantio for his outrageous accusation.
5. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He slept with his wife.
(c) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(d) He is a moor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
2. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
4. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)