|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
(a) Keet their relationship a secret from the public.
(b) Deliver messages of love back and forth between the two.
(c) Drive Desdemona to Othello's house so they could visit.
(d) Stand guard while they secretly visited.
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
(a) Strangle her in their bed.
(b) Poison her.
(c) Publicly disgrace her.
(d) Divorce her and take her dowry.
4. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(d) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
5. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
(b) The consequences of remaining naive.
(c) The harsh reality of the world.
(d) The true nature of marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
4. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
5. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)