|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) Affairs of the state.
(b) He is having an affair of his own.
(c) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(d) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Kill Cassio.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Spread rumors about Othello.
3. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
(a) He was waiting for Desdemona to get ready.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He had to complete important business.
(d) He is still getting his home in order after the move.
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His military status.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His social reputation.
5. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her stupidity.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her lack of stylish clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the shortest scene in the book?
4. What do Cassio and Iago discuss while they are on watch together their first night in Cyprus?
5. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)