|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of Venice.
(b) The Duke of Cyprus.
2. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
(a) Has him arrested.
(b) Beats him publicly.
(c) Strips him of his title.
(d) Chides him publicly.
3. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
(d) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
4. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her grandfather.
(b) He is her godfather.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her father.
5. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "This is not the time."
(b) "Never while I am alive."
(c) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
(d) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
4. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
5. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)