|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His social reputation.
(b) His virtue.
(c) His military status.
2. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her constant talking.
(b) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her stupidity.
3. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) News from Venice.
(c) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
(d) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(a) Iago and his wife.
5. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He does not want her to run away.
(b) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(c) He hates to see her so upset.
(d) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
2. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)