|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Encourages him to find a new love.
(d) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
4. What does Othello tell Desdemona is so special about the handkerchief he gave her?
(a) It has magical powers.
(b) It is from a far away land.
(c) It was his grandmother's.
(d) It is a symbol of love.
5. What does Desdemona do after receiving her orders from Othello, following the after-dinner walk?
(a) Packs her things to leave in the morning.
(b) Waits in the parlor for him to return.
(c) Forgives him for his rash behavior.
(d) Goes to bed and dismisses Emilia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
4. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
5. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)