|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(b) He hates Othello.
(c) He loves Desdemona.
(d) He lost a bet.
2. Who is awakened by the noise that Roderigo causes during the brawl in the street?
(b) The Duke's wife.
(c) The Duke.
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is simple and sweet.
(d) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
4. Where is Iago from?
5. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(b) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(c) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(d) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
2. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
3. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
4. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
5. What does Othello do to punish Cassio for his fighting?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)