|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(b) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(c) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
3. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
(b) The Duke.
4. Who does Desdemona ask to retrieve Cassio after dinner with the islanders?
(a) The clown.
(b) The Duke's messenger.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A servant.
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(d) She is simple and sweet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
2. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
3. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
4. Who comes into the room holding Desdemona's handkerchief while Iago and Cassio are talking in Othello's house?
5. What does Othello ask Iago for when he decides to punish Desdemona for her affair?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)