|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He bows to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He embraces her.
2. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The consequences of remaining naive.
(b) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
(c) The true nature of marriage.
(d) The harsh reality of the world.
3. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(d) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
4. What are Iago and Othello discussing at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) The lost handkerchief.
(b) The strategies of war.
(c) Desdemona's infidelity.
(d) Politics of Cyprus and Venice.
5. Who does Iago talk to Cassio about when Othello thinks they are talking about Desdemona?
(a) A street walker.
(b) The Duke's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Montano want to report to Othello for behavior unbecoming of an officer on the first night in Cyprus?
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
3. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
4. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
5. What does Iago say happens to every married man?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)