|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) Affairs of the state.
(b) He is having an affair of his own.
(c) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(d) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
2. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
(a) He is nervous to be around Othello who is so angry with him.
(b) He is supposed to be at the courthouse.
(c) Iago enters with Othello, and Cassio distrusts Iago.
(d) He was just discussing an affair with his wife.
3. What is Emilia trying to convey to Desdemona as they talk while getting ready for bed?
(a) The true nature of marriage.
(b) The fact that Othello may have been unfaithful.
(c) The consequences of remaining naive.
(d) The harsh reality of the world.
4. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He loves Desdemona.
(b) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(c) He hates Othello.
(d) He lost a bet.
5. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Bring Desdemona to him.
(b) Keep this conversation a secret.
(c) Deliver a letter.
(d) Leave his services immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the name of Iago's wife?
3. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
4. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
5. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)