|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
2. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(c) Endearing men to her.
3. What makes Iago so happy when he hears of Othello's odd behavior towards Desdemona?
(a) He knows that they will divorce and he can be with Desdemona.
(b) He sees a chance to prove his loyalty by calming Othello down.
(c) He knows that his plan is working.
(d) He sees a chance to get more power.
4. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He pays a man to kill Othello.
(b) He tells Brabantio.
(c) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(d) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
5. What question does Desdemona ask Emilia as they get ready for bed?
(a) Has Emilia ever cheated?
(b) Do husbands cheat on their wives?
(c) Can Othello really believe that she has cheated?
(d) Do women really cheat on their husbands?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Othello to do when Othello decides to punish his wife for her affair?
2. Who is NOT present during the walk after dinner?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
4. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
5. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)