|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
(b) News from Venice.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
2. Who does Iago send away just after Othello reacts to Iago's lie about Cassio's bragging?
(d) The Duke.
3. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(b) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(c) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(d) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
4. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A snake in the grass.
(b) An honest fellow.
(c) A faithful servant.
(d) A pompous fool.
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Give orders.
(b) Kill men.
(c) Tell lies.
(d) Take orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
2. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
3. What drives the plot of this play?
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
5. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)