|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Threaten her.
(c) Present evidence.
(d) Listen to her response.
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His courage.
(c) His love.
(d) His style.
3. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(c) The victory over the Turks.
(d) The Turks who have tried to invade.
4. What is so surprising to Desdemona about Othello's behavior when he is asking about her handkerchief?
(a) He did not kiss her goodbye.
(b) He seems worried and distracted.
(c) He has never acted like this before.
(d) He usually only acts this way when he is sick.
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othellos is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
3. What song does Desdemona sing while Emilia helps her get ready for bed?
4. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
5. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)