|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
(a) He was just discussing an affair with his wife.
(b) He is nervous to be around Othello who is so angry with him.
(c) Iago enters with Othello, and Cassio distrusts Iago.
(d) He is supposed to be at the courthouse.
2. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
(b) The Duke.
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is irrational and sexist.
(b) It describes herself to a tee.
(c) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(d) It is kind and sweet.
4. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why is Cassio so hesitant to do what Iago is pressuring him to do?
(a) He does not hold his liquor well.
(b) He has lost a fortune to gambling.
(c) Roderigo is his good friend.
(d) He knows that pursuing a married woman is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cassio ask Bianca to leave so soon after meeting him at Othello's home?
2. What does Desdemona tell Emilia that Othello is not prone to while she waits for Cassio?
3. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
5. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)