|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(b) Anger Cassio.
(c) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(d) Get Cassio drunk.
2. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
(a) Cassio and his faithfulness.
(b) Iago and his honesty.
(c) The Duke and his lusty advances.
(d) Herself and her purity.
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is simple and sweet.
(c) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
4. What does Desdemona ask Cassio to do when she tells him of Othello's off behavior?
(a) Return the handkerchief she gave him.
(b) Have patience.
(c) Buy Othello a gift.
(d) Appeal to Othello himself.
5. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. What does Othello tell Desdemona to do after the walk after dinner?
3. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
4. Who does Iago tell Cassio to confer with about finding forgiveness from Othello after his brawl in the street?
5. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)