|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(d) Spread rumors about Cassio.
2. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
(b) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(c) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(d) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
4. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
5. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A romance.
(d) A tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
2. What drives the plot of this play?
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
4. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
5. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)