|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
2. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Embrace warmly.
(b) Chide each other for scaring the other.
(c) Blush and act embarrassed.
(d) Kiss passionately.
3. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It describes herself to a tee.
(b) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(c) It is kind and sweet.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(b) The status of the war.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) Iago's wife and her treachery.
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)