|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Frame Othello for a murder.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
2. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His social reputation.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His military status.
3. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(b) The victory over the Turks.
(c) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(d) The capture of a Turkish spy.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Encourages him to find a new love.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(d) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
5. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They sneak into his bedroom.
(c) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(d) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shortest scene in the book?
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
5. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)