|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is just noise.
(b) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is highly important and should be listened to.
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 3, Scene 1.
(b) Act 2, Scene 3.
(c) Act 2, Scene 2.
(d) Act 1, Scene 4.
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
(a) Desdemona is much older then Othello.
(b) Othello has been promised to another woman for years.
(c) Othello is a black man and Desdemona is a white woman.
(d) Desdemona has alread been married twice.
4. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Make them both sing solos.
(b) Fill their lives with dischord.
(c) Increase the harmony.
(d) Put it to rest.
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
3. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
4. What is the name of Iago's wife?
5. To what genre is this play categorized?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)