|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) The inn.
(c) The town square.
(d) Othello's house.
2. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Put it to rest.
(b) Increase the harmony.
(c) Fill their lives with dischord.
(d) Make them both sing solos.
3. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
4. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A tragedy.
(b) A drama.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A romance.
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
2. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)