|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Encourages him to find a new love.
(d) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
2. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(c) Iago and his wife.
3. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Chide each other for scaring the other.
(b) Kiss passionately.
(c) Blush and act embarrassed.
(d) Embrace warmly.
4. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Frame Othello for a murder.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
5. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Othello's marriage.
(b) His wife's sickness.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)