|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(b) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(c) Frame Othello for a murder.
(d) Woo Desdemona himself.
2. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(b) The Duke.
(d) A messenger.
3. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The whims of the narrator.
(b) The choices of the characters.
(c) The historical events.
(d) The crises of the society.
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Take an oath of honesty.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
5. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) A dancer.
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
5. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)