|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
(a) Iago has seniority.
(b) Cassio has no real military experience.
(c) Cassio is known for having a drinking and gambling problem.
(d) Cassio has a criminal record.
2. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
(a) That Roderigo is in love with Desdemona.
(b) That Cassio and Desdemona are having an affair.
(c) That Cassio does not deserve his promotion.
(d) That the Duke wants him to return to Venice.
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(c) Frame Othello for a murder.
(d) Woo Desdemona himself.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Encourages him to find a new love.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(d) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
5. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His love.
(b) His creativity.
(c) His style.
(d) His courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. What is the shortest scene in the book?
3. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)