|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is running from the law.
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) Othello's marriage.
(d) His wife's sickness.
4. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His virtue.
(b) His military status.
(d) His social reputation.
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) The town square.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The inn.
(d) Othello's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
3. What does Iago plan to tell Othello once he is in Cyprus with him?
4. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
5. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)