|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is irrational and sexist.
(c) It describes herself to a tee.
(d) It is kind and sweet.
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Anger Cassio.
(b) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(c) Get Cassio drunk.
(d) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
3. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He bows to her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He embraces her.
4. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(b) Encourages him to find a new love.
(c) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(d) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(c) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
2. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
3. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
4. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
5. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)