|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
(b) They sneak into his bedroom.
(c) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(d) They knock on the door.
2. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Chide each other for scaring the other.
(b) Embrace warmly.
(c) Kiss passionately.
(d) Blush and act embarrassed.
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(b) Encourages him to find a new love.
(c) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
(d) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
4. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
5. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
2. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
3. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)