|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(b) He is angry and offended.
(c) He is patient and understanding.
(d) He is scared and tries to run.
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Anger Cassio.
(b) Get Cassio drunk.
(c) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(d) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
3. What is the name of Iago's wife?
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The gossip of the town.
(c) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(d) The status of the war.
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
2. To what genre is this play categorized?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. What is the shortest scene in the book?
5. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)