|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Embrace warmly.
(b) Chide each other for scaring the other.
(c) Kiss passionately.
(d) Blush and act embarrassed.
2. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) His wife's sickness.
(b) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(c) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(d) Othello's marriage.
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Desdeona.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill himself.
4. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(b) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) He is a moor.
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His lusty past.
(c) His dishonesty.
(d) His jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
2. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
4. What is the name of Iago's wife?
5. What drives the plot of this play?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)