|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(c) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His courage.
(c) His love.
(d) His style.
3. Who does Iago notice doting on Desdemona while in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) A messenger.
(c) The Duke.
4. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Othello.
(b) Kill Iago.
(c) Kill Desdeona.
(d) Kill himself.
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His jealousy.
(c) His lusty past.
(d) His dishonesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
4. On what account does Brabantio want to arrest Othello?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)