|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
(a) Othello's house.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The inn.
(d) The town square.
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He bows to her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He embraces her.
(d) He ignores her.
3. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Desdeona.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill Iago.
(d) Kill himself.
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Frame Othello for a murder.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
3. What drives the plot of this play?
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)