|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) His wife's sickness.
(b) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) Othello's marriage.
2. Who is Brabantio referring to when he says, "It would have been better if she had married even you."
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His creativity.
(b) His style.
(c) His courage.
(d) His love.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(c) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(d) Get him run out of town because of his race.
5. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her grandfather.
(d) He is her godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
3. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
4. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)