|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His military status.
(c) His virtue.
(d) His social reputation.
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) A dancer.
(b) The Duke.
3. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(c) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(d) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
4. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(b) It is just noise.
(c) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(d) It is highly important and should be listened to.
5. How does Igao comfort Roderigo after the trial is over and the marriage is declared legitimate?
(a) Encourages him to find a new love.
(b) Points out that Desdemona has a beautiful sister.
(c) Assures Roderigo that the couple will tire of each other soon.
(d) Lists all of Desdemona's faults.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
2. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
3. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
4. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
5. Where does Iago tell the search party for Desdemona to meet him after they hear news of her elopement?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)