|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(b) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
(c) She met him at the market place.
(d) He saved her from bandits on the road.
2. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He slept with his wife.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He married Desdemona.
(d) He is a moor.
3. What is Roderigo's first step toward revenge against Othello when he hears of their marriage?
(a) He plots with Iago to frame Othello for infidelity.
(b) He tells Brabantio.
(c) He tells a policeman to arrest Othello.
(d) He pays a man to kill Othello.
4. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(b) The audience.
(d) The Duke.
5. What is the shortest scene in the book?
(a) Act 2, Scene 2.
(b) Act 1, Scene 4.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 2, Scene 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
3. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)