|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) His wife's sickness.
(b) Othello's marriage.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
2. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
(b) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) The status of the war.
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He married Desdemona.
(c) He slept with his wife.
(d) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A hidden coral reef.
(b) A storm.
(c) Othello's crew.
(d) A mutinous attack.
5. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(b) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
2. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)