|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His military status.
(b) His virtue.
(d) His social reputation.
2. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A storm.
3. How do Iago and Roderigo wake up Brabantio to tell him of the marriage?
(a) They knock on the door.
(b) They knock on his window while he is sleeping.
(c) They sneak into his bedroom.
(d) They rush into the house after the doorman opens the door.
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is irrational and sexist.
(c) It is kind and sweet.
(d) It describes herself to a tee.
5. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(b) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
3. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
4. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)