|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
2. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) Iago told him this.
3. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) His wife's sickness.
(b) Othello's marriage.
(c) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
4. What is the name of Iago's wife?
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A receipt for a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drives the plot of this play?
2. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
5. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)