|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago think of a woman's opinion?
(a) It is usually the echo of her husband or father's opinion.
(b) It is nothing important and has no merit.
(c) It is highly important and should be listened to.
(d) It is just noise.
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(a) A dancer.
(c) The Duke.
3. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(c) His wife.
4. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) His own house.
(c) The Duke's house.
(d) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
5. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is scared and tries to run.
(d) He is angry and offended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
2. Where are the Turks heading at the beginning of the play?
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
4. What drives the plot of this play?
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)