|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is ordered to attend Desdemona on her journey to Cyprus?
(d) Iago and his wife.
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His dishonesty.
(b) His lusty past.
(c) His arrogance.
(d) His jealousy.
4. What does the Duke order Othello to do before hearing what Brabantio has to say?
(a) Await his trial time in the jail.
(b) Leave to fight the Ottomans.
(c) Take an oath of honesty.
(d) Depart to spy on the Turks.
5. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
3. How is Brabantio related to Desdemona?
4. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
5. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)