|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roderigo want to do after the trial is over and the marriage was declared legitimate?
(a) Kill Desdeona.
(b) Kill Othello.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Iago.
2. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A romance.
(b) A comedy.
(c) A drama.
(d) A tragedy.
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(b) Get Cassio drunk.
(c) Anger Cassio.
(d) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
4. What is the Duke discussing when he is first seen in the play?
(a) The Tukish fleet and their destination.
(b) Othello's marriage.
(c) His wife's sickness.
(d) Brabantio's accusation of Othello.
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His dishonesty.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His lusty past.
(d) His jealousy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
4. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
5. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)