|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Desdemona and Othello spend their time when they were falling in love before their marriage?
2. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) He is a moor.
3. What does Brabantio do when he hears that Desdemona really does love Othello?
(a) He attacks Othello.
(b) He embraces his new son.
(c) He slaps her and spits on her in public.
(d) He disowns her.
4. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A romance.
(c) A drama.
(d) A tragedy.
5. How did Desdemona first meet Othello?
(a) She met him at the market place.
(b) He saved her from bandits on the road.
(c) He saw her and admired her beauty, so he appraoched her on the street.
(d) Her father invited him over for dinner to tell his tales of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shortest scene in the book?
2. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
4. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)