|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) Brabantio's house.
(b) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(c) His own house.
(d) The Duke's house.
2. What is the name of Iago's wife?
3. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(a) His virtue.
(b) His social reputation.
(d) His military status.
4. Who does Iago choose to be his main pawn in his plan to get revenge against Othello?
(d) His wife.
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(c) Iago told him this.
(d) He is a moor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke do after hearing both Brabantio and Othello's sides of the story?
2. Why does Iago think he should have been promoted instead of Cassio?
3. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
5. What is so different about Desdemona and Othello's relationship?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)