|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Iago from?
2. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
3. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is scared and tries to run.
(b) He is patient and understanding.
(c) He is angry and offended.
(d) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
4. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
5. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He bows to her.
(b) He embraces her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. To what genre is this play categorized?
4. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
5. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)