|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(b) Iago told him this.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) This is widely rumored about Othello.
2. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That she will always get her way with him.
(b) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
3. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is patient and understanding.
(b) He is scared and tries to run.
(c) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(d) He is angry and offended.
4. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) She has a lot of money.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He has had a vision about her.
5. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Return it to Desdemona.
(c) Steal it.
(d) Plant it in Cassio's household.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
2. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
3. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
4. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
5. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)