|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(b) Iago told him this.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He has seen Othello do it to others.
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(b) The audience.
(d) The Duke.
3. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
(a) The arrival of Desdemona's father.
(b) A message from the Duke.
(c) Signs of Desdemona's infidelity.
(d) Signs of Cassio's treachery.
4. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some dancers.
(b) Some servants.
(c) Some musicians.
(d) Some stylists.
5. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
(a) His courage.
(b) His style.
(c) His creativity.
(d) His love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of Iago's wife?
3. To what genre is this play categorized?
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)