|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(d) She is simple and sweet.
2. Where is Iago from?
3. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) Iago told him this.
(b) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(c) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(d) He is a moor.
4. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
(d) The Duke.
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
2. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
3. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
4. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
5. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)