|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
(d) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
2. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(c) Othellos is married.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
3. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(c) General Stringham.
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(b) Her constant talking.
(c) Her stupidity.
(d) Her weight.
5. What drives the plot of this play?
(a) The historical events.
(b) The whims of the narrator.
(c) The choices of the characters.
(d) The crises of the society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
2. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
5. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)