|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Iago's wife?
2. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(b) Her weight.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her stupidity.
3. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othello is running from the law.
(b) Othellos is married.
(c) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
(d) Othello is getting ready to travel.
4. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(c) Frame Othello for a murder.
(d) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
5. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
2. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
4. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
5. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)