|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(d) Endearing men to her.
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is irrational and sexist.
(b) It describes herself to a tee.
(c) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(d) It is kind and sweet.
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
4. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
(c) The Duke.
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
3. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)