|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is irrational and sexist.
(b) It describes herself to a tee.
(c) It is kind and sweet.
(d) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
2. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(b) Thank him for his service.
(c) Order him to leave.
(d) Promote him to lieutenant.
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Increase the harmony.
(b) Make them both sing solos.
(c) Fill their lives with dischord.
(d) Put it to rest.
4. What is the name of Iago's wife?
5. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(d) General Stringham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
3. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
4. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
5. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)