|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Promote him to lieutenant.
(b) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(c) Thank him for his service.
(d) Order him to leave.
2. Who pretends to help Cassio after his embarrassing street brawl the night before?
(b) The Duke.
3. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
(a) Stand guard while they secretly visited.
(b) Deliver messages of love back and forth between the two.
(c) Keet their relationship a secret from the public.
(d) Drive Desdemona to Othello's house so they could visit.
4. What does Iago tell Cassio is the reason for Othello being at the inn?
(a) Othellos is married.
(b) Othello is getting ready to travel.
(c) Othello is running from the law.
(d) Othello wanted a drink with friends.
5. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Frame Othello for a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
2. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
3. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)