|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cassio hire to cheer himself up after his embarrassment on his first night in Cyrpus?
(a) Some dancers.
(b) Some stylists.
(c) Some musicians.
(d) Some servants.
2. What is the name of Iago's wife?
3. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Why does Othello finally consent to meet with Cassio?
(a) He wants to keep Cassio near so he can make sure he is not having an affair with his wife.
(b) He is reminded of how much Cassio means to him.
(c) He wants Desdemona to leave him alone concerning this subject.
(d) He is in a hurry to leave and wants her to be quiet.
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is simple and sweet.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
2. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
5. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)