|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Iago's wife?
2. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "Never while I am alive."
(b) "This is not the time."
(c) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
(d) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
3. What does Brabantio think will happen once he presents his case against Othello at the Duke's house?
(a) Brabantio fears that the Duke will side with Othello.
(b) Brabantio thinks the Senate will agree with him.
(c) Brabantio fears that Othello will bewitch them just as he has Desdemona.
(d) Brabantio knows the Duke was in love with Desdemona, so the Duke will side with him.
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(d) She is simple and sweet.
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
(a) This is widely rumored about Othello.
(b) Iago told him this.
(c) He has seen Othello do it to others.
(d) He is a moor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
3. What does Iago plan to do with the item that is dropped as Othello and Desdemona headed to dinner with the islanders?
4. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)