|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(b) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(c) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(d) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
2. What does Othello do for Iago before he goes to dinner with the Islanders?
(a) Order him to leave.
(b) Promote him to lieutenant.
(c) Tell him to drop the subject of infidelity.
(d) Thank him for his service.
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Fill their lives with dischord.
(b) Make them both sing solos.
(c) Put it to rest.
(d) Increase the harmony.
4. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) The clown.
(b) A musician.
(c) A beggar boy.
(d) A lord.
5. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(b) The Duke.
(d) A dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Iago's wife?
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
5. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)