|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Anger Cassio.
(b) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(c) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(d) Get Cassio drunk.
2. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
(a) Kiss passionately.
(b) Chide each other for scaring the other.
(c) Blush and act embarrassed.
(d) Embrace warmly.
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(c) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(d) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her weight.
(b) Her stupidity.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her lack of stylish clothing.
5. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To tell the history.
(b) To relay important messages.
(c) To provide ironic situations.
(d) To provide comic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is announced in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
3. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
5. Why does Brabantio think Othello has the power of bewitchment?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)