|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes rude comments to the group that Cassio hired to cheer himself up?
(a) A lord.
(b) A beggar boy.
(c) The clown.
(d) A musician.
2. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
(b) A dancer.
(d) The Duke.
3. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
4. To what genre is this play categorized?
(a) A romance.
(b) A tragedy.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A drama.
5. Who has declared the big event for Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) The Duke of Venice.
(d) The Duke of Cyprus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Where is Iago from?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)