|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It describes herself to a tee.
(d) It is irrational and sexist.
3. What does Desdemona tell Othello she was doing right before he came in the room so suddenly?
(a) She was visiting with Cassio.
(b) She was talking with Emilia.
(c) She was thinking of how much she is going to miss Othello.
(d) She was speaking with no one, only waiting for Othello.
4. Who is one of the messengers who summons Othello while he is talking to Iago of his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
5. While speaking with Iago in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Othello say he would never give up for Desdemona?
(b) His virtue.
(c) His social reputation.
(d) His military status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Othello ask Iago to watch for while Othello is away on his errand?
2. What do Othello and Desdemona do when they meet each other in Cyprus?
3. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
4. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Who stood up for Othello when Desdemona spoke ill of him while Othello was still trying to woo her?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)