|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(b) Her stupidity.
(c) Her weight.
(d) Her constant talking.
2. While talking to Othello in Act 1, Scene 2, what does Iago pretend that he does not like to do?
(a) Kill men.
(b) Take orders.
(c) Give orders.
(d) Tell lies.
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(b) Brabantio's house.
(c) The Duke's house.
(d) His own house.
4. Who does Cassio hear is already pleading his case with Othello the morning after his embarrassing street brawl?
(b) The Duke.
5. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Take advantage of Desdemona.
(b) Get Cassio drunk.
(c) Anger Cassio.
(d) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
2. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
4. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
5. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)