|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cassio ask of Emilia the morning after his brawl in the street?
(a) To secure him some time to talk alone with Desdemona.
(b) To find some money for him to sail back to Venice.
(c) To plead with Othello to forgive him.
(d) To deliver a letter to both Othello and Desdemona.
2. How does Othello act while Brabantio is accusing him of such horrible things at the inn?
(a) He is patient and understanding.
(b) He is scared and tries to run.
(c) He is not at all surprised and acts as if he were expecting this.
(d) He is angry and offended.
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
(a) Increase the harmony.
(b) Put it to rest.
(c) Make them both sing solos.
(d) Fill their lives with dischord.
4. Who sent the messengers who summon Othello while he is talking to Iago if his love for Desdemona?
(a) General Stringham.
(d) The Duke.
5. When Othello is questioned at the inn, what reason does he give for marrying Desdemona?
(a) He has had a vision about her.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) He loves her.
(d) She has a lot of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
2. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
3. How does Othello really feel about Cassio, even after his brawl in the street?
4. Who does Cassio beg to talk with after his hired group has been sent away the morning after his street brawl?
5. Who is the main figure in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)