|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A note.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
2. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do during the first night they are in Cyprus?
(a) Spread ugly rumors of Othello.
(b) Anger Cassio.
(c) Get Cassio drunk.
(d) Take advantage of Desdemona.
3. Where does Othello go after his discussion with Brabantio at the inn?
(a) He catches a ship heading to Cyprus.
(b) The Duke's house.
(c) Brabantio's house.
(d) His own house.
4. What is the big event of Act 2, Scene 2 in honor of?
(a) The capture of a Turkish spy.
(b) Othello and Desdemona's marriage.
(c) The Turks who have tried to invade.
(d) The victory over the Turks.
5. What does Othello say about his wife when she leaves after pleading Cassio's case?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he thinks she is being unfaithful.
(c) That she will always get her way with him.
(d) That she is a very greedy woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Othello give for being late to a dinner with the islanders?
2. Who seems to be the only man of stature and honor in the room while Brabantio is raving in the inn?
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
4. After Othello sets Iago and Cassio on the watch, who does he leave with on his first night in Cyprus?
5. To what genre is this play categorized?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)