|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drops to the ground as Othello and Desdemona head to dinner with the islanders?
(a) A piece of lace.
(b) A note.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A ring.
2. What is Othello's response to Desdemona's pleas that he forgive Cassio before he is about to depart?
(a) "Never while I am alive."
(b) "I must leave now, perhaps on my return."
(c) "This is not the time."
(d) "Cassio has had his chance and failed."
3. Before Othello leaves for his errand, what does Iago tell him that his wife is good at?
(d) Endearing men to her.
4. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What is the literary function of the Clown in this play?
(a) To provide ironic situations.
(b) To tell the history.
(c) To relay important messages.
(d) To provide comic relief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cassio want to have put in a good word for him with Desdemona the morning after his street brawl?
2. What did Cassio do for Othello while Othello and Desdemona were still courting?
3. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
4. Where is Iago from?
5. What is Cassio's opinion of Iago at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)