|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) Affairs of the state.
(b) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(c) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(d) He is having an affair of his own.
2. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(a) The Duke.
3. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(b) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
(c) She tries to get him to stay.
(d) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(c) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(d) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
5. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Some papers.
(b) Orders for Cassio.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
5. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)