|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
2. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
(a) He is nervous to be around Othello who is so angry with him.
(b) He was just discussing an affair with his wife.
(c) He is supposed to be at the courthouse.
(d) Iago enters with Othello, and Cassio distrusts Iago.
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Othello.
(c) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(d) Kill Cassio.
4. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Keep this conversation a secret.
(b) Bring Desdemona to him.
(c) Deliver a letter.
(d) Leave his services immediately.
5. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
(b) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(c) She tries to get him to stay.
(d) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
3. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
4. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)