|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Frame Othello for a murder.
(b) Woo Desdemona himself.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
2. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(b) He hates to see her so upset.
(c) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(d) He does not want her to run away.
3. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(a) The Senate.
(d) The Duke.
4. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His time.
(b) His career.
(c) His health.
(d) His money.
5. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(b) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(c) He is having an affair of his own.
(d) Affairs of the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
2. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
3. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
4. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)