|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(b) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(c) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
(d) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(b) The audience.
(d) The Duke.
3. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
(a) Act 3, Scene 4.
(b) Act 3, Scene 2.
(c) Act 3, Scene 1.
(d) Act 3, Scene 3.
4. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) An honest fellow.
(b) A pompous fool.
(c) A snake in the grass.
(d) A faithful servant.
5. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
(b) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(c) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(d) Write a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
2. Why does Cassio exit the room so quickly when Othello enters the room right before his departure?
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
4. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
5. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)