|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cassio greet Iago's wife when they enter the Duke of Cyprus's court?
(a) He embraces her.
(b) He bows to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He kisses her.
2. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His lusty past.
(b) His dishonesty.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His arrogance.
3. What does Othello order Emilia to do before he leaves after questioning Desdemona?
(a) Stay by his side to keep him from doing something rash.
(b) Pack up her own things because she has been fired.
(c) Stay by Desdemona's side constantly.
(d) Pack up Desdemona's things so that she can leave.
4. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Orders for Cassio.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A package.
5. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(b) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
(c) That she has been pure and innocent.
(d) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
2. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
3. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
4. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
5. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)