|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To inspect the fortifications.
(b) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(c) To confer with the Duke.
(d) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
2. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A pompous fool.
(b) An honest fellow.
(c) A snake in the grass.
(d) A faithful servant.
3. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(b) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
(c) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
(d) That she has been pure and innocent.
4. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is simple and sweet.
(d) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
5. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
(a) She is stricken and confused.
(b) She wonders what took him so long to realize it.
(c) She is relieved to have the truth out.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
2. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
3. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
5. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)