|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His lusty past.
(c) His dishonesty.
(d) His jealousy.
2. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(b) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(c) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(d) He cries out for Cassio to return.
3. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(b) The Senate.
(d) The Duke.
4. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Sleep with Desdemona.
(c) Kill Cassio.
(d) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
5. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His time.
(b) His career.
(c) His health.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
4. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
5. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)