|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
(b) The Duke.
2. What is Desdemona's reaction to Cassio's quick exit when Othello enters the room?
(a) She blushes and gets embarrassed.
(b) She tries to get him to stay.
(c) She is worried Othello may have seen Cassio.
(d) She gets angry with Othello for scaring Cassio.
3. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(b) He does not want her to run away.
(c) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
4. What does Iago mock about his wife after Cassio greets her in the court of the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) Her lack of stylish clothing.
(b) Her stupidity.
(c) Her constant talking.
(d) Her weight.
5. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Bring Desdemona to him.
(b) Deliver a letter.
(c) Keep this conversation a secret.
(d) Leave his services immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
2. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
3. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
4. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
5. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)