|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
2. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
(a) She is simple and sweet.
(b) She is crafty and conniving as evidenced by her elopement.
(c) She is too wonderful for poets to describe.
(d) She is a gold digger looking for wealth and power.
3. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He does not want her to run away.
(b) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(c) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
4. What are Desdemona and Cassio talking about right before Othello leaves?
(a) News from Venice.
(b) Finding Cassio a new position now that he has been fired.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) A way to get Cassio back into Othello's good graces.
5. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Orders for Cassio.
(b) Some papers.
(c) A package.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
2. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
3. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
4. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
5. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)