|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(b) The audience.
(d) The Duke.
2. Who is Iago supposed to deliver a package to?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Senate.
3. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A snake in the grass.
(b) A pompous fool.
(c) An honest fellow.
(d) A faithful servant.
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(b) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(c) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(d) He cries out for Cassio to return.
5. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(b) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(c) He does not want her to run away.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
2. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
3. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
4. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
5. What is Desdemona's reaction to Othello's accusation of her unfaithfulness?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)