|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
(a) A mutinous attack.
(b) Othello's crew.
(c) A hidden coral reef.
(d) A storm.
2. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is kind and sweet.
(b) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(c) It is irrational and sexist.
(d) It describes herself to a tee.
3. Who is Cassio most worried about when he comes ashore in Cyprus?
4. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
(a) He is a passionate moor and needs no reason.
(b) A friend of his whose wife has cheated.
(c) He is having an affair of his own.
(d) Affairs of the state.
5. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Some papers.
(b) A package.
(c) A letter.
(d) Orders for Cassio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
2. What does the Duke of Cyprus praise about Othello before he comes ashore in Cyprus?
3. What does Iago swear to do to Othello and Desdemona's 'fine tuned' love?
4. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
5. Who asks Iago to deliver something?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)