|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(b) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
(c) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
(d) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
2. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) That she has never seen Cassio and Desdemona together alone.
(b) That Desdemona thinks that Othello is having an affair.
(c) That she fears Desdemona is being unfaithful.
(d) That she has been pure and innocent.
3. What does Iago tell Roderigo to do after Roderigo is done yelling at him?
(a) Spread rumors about Othello.
(b) Write a false letter of love to Desdemona.
(c) Sleep with Desdemona.
(d) Kill Cassio.
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(b) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
(c) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(d) He exults over his power of manipulation.
5. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His lusty past.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His jealousy.
(d) His dishonesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cassio describe Desdemona to the Duke of Cyprus?
2. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
3. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
4. What destroyed the Turkish ships that were heading towards Cyprus?
5. What is the name of the Duke of Cyprus?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)