|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
(a) Keep this conversation a secret.
(b) Deliver a letter.
(c) Leave his services immediately.
(d) Bring Desdemona to him.
2. What does Roderigo feel Iago has wasted by not fulfilling his promise?
(a) His health.
(b) His career.
(c) His money.
(d) His time.
3. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(b) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(c) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(d) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
4. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
(a) Woo Desdemona himself.
(b) Frame Othello for a murder.
(c) Make Othello cheat on Desdemona.
(d) Make Othello think that Desdemona is unfaithful.
5. What does Desdemona call Iago while she is talking with Cassio right before Othello leaves?
(a) A pompous fool.
(b) An honest fellow.
(c) A snake in the grass.
(d) A faithful servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
2. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
3. In her conversation with Cassio right before Othello leaves, what does Desdemona say she will make Othello's every moment about?
4. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
5. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)