|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(b) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
2. Who does Iago reveal his entire plan to after everyone else leaves the Duke's court in Cyprus?
(b) The audience.
(c) The Duke.
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
(a) His lusty past.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His dishonesty.
(d) His jealousy.
4. What does Iago do when he sees Cassio exit so quickly when he and Othello enter the room?
(a) He cries out for Cassio to return.
(b) He exults over his power of manipulation.
(c) He begins to plant seeds of doubt in Othello's mind.
(d) He laughs at Cassio's cowardice.
5. After the night of the brawl, where is Othello leaving to?
(a) To find a housing situation for him and Desdemona.
(b) To attend the trial of Cassio.
(c) To inspect the fortifications.
(d) To confer with the Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Iago plan to ruin Othello's marriage?
2. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
3. What does Iago plan to do while Othello is gone?
4. What is Iago asked to deliver in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What is the shortest scene in Act 3?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)