|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Othello NOT do while he is confronting Desdemona about her affair?
(a) Present evidence.
(b) Threaten her.
(c) Listen to her response.
2. What does Desdemona do to try and prove her love to Othello after he has accused her of an affair?
(a) Put their wedding sheets on the bed.
(b) Write a letter.
(c) Wear a chastity belt with a single key given to Othello.
(d) Swear an oath to never be unfaithful again.
3. Why is Roderigo upset with Iago after Desdemona and Emilia are called to dinner?
(a) Iago has not paid a large gambling debt.
(b) Iago has not set Roderigo and Desdemona together yet.
(c) Iago did not meet him at the inn the night before.
(d) Iago has not convinced Othello to promote Roderigo yet.
4. How does Desdemona feel about Iago's description of the perfect woman?
(a) It is more thoughtful than she would have expected.
(b) It is kind and sweet.
(c) It is irrational and sexist.
(d) It describes herself to a tee.
5. Why does Iago try so hard to calm Desdemona down after she has been accused by Othello?
(a) He does not want her to run away.
(b) He knows that he can calm Othello down.
(c) He is afraid that would prove her guilt to Othello.
(d) He hates to see her so upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emilia tell Othello when he asks her about Desdemona's affair?
2. What does Iago tell Desdemona that Othello is upset about after Othello accuses her of having an affair?
3. What fault in Othello does Iago plan to use to go about destroying Othello's marriage?
4. What does Othello tell Emilia to do after he has questioned her about Desdemona's affair?
5. Who is the only character who is not being manipulated by Iago?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)