Act 1, Scene 1
1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) The gossip of the town.
(b) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(c) The status of the war.
(d) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
2. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(b) He hates Othello.
(c) He loves Desdemona.
(d) He lost a bet.
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He is a moor.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He slept with his wife.
(d) He married Desdemona.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Sleep with Desdemona.
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A note.
(b) A marriage license.
(c) Her empty bed.
(d) A receipt for a carriage.
This section contains 5,403 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)