1. What are Iago and Roderigo discussing as the first scene opens?
(a) Iago's wife and her treachery.
(b) The status of the war.
(c) The gossip of the town.
(d) The marriage of Othello and Desdemona.
2. Why is Roderigo so unhappy about Desdemona's marriage?
(a) He hates Othello.
(b) He loves Desdemona.
(c) He wants his son to marry Desdemona.
(d) He lost a bet.
3. Why is Iago so upset with Othello at the beginning of the play?
(a) He married Desdemona.
(b) He promoted Cassio instead of Iago.
(c) He is a moor.
(d) He slept with his wife.
4. What does Iago plan to do to get revenge on Othello?
(a) Sleep with Desdemona.
(b) Spread rumors about Cassio.
(c) Get him run out of town because of his race.
(d) Pretend to be his servant to get information.
5. What does Brabantio find that convinces him his daughter really has escaped to get married?
(a) A marriage license.
(b) Her empty bed.
(c) A receipt for a carriage.
(d) A note.
This section contains 5,403 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)