Act 1, Scene 1
• The scene opens with Roderigo and Iago discussing the marriage of Othello to Desdemona.
• Roderigo is unhappy about the marriage because he loves Desdemona, and Iago is angry because Othello picked Cassio as his lieutenant instead of picking Iago.
• Roderigo and Iago tell Brabantio that his daughter has married Othello. He doesn't believe them at first, but then discovers she is did not sleep in her bed.
• Brabantio emerges, shouting for Roderigo to help him capture Desdemona and Othello. He suggests that it would have been better if Roderigo had married her.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Othello speaks of his great love for Desdemona, claiming there is nothing for which he would be willing to give her up.
• Some messengers from the Duke arrive to summon Othello to a matter of business.
• Brabantio, Roderigo, and some other men arrive to arrest Othello. Brabantio accuses Othello of bewitching Desdemona...
This section contains 1,974 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)