Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were prison conditions like at Reading jail?
2. What caused Oscar Wilde to stop writing?
3. What is the name of the town where Oscar Wilde stayed after leaving Reading jail?
4. Where did Oscar Wilde travel after he was released from Reading jail?
5. Where did Oscar Wilde go for homosexual sex?
Oscar Wilde was not only homosexual, but openly, even flagrantly homosexual. What explains his openness? What did he gain by it? How did it hurt him personally? How did it affect his career?
Oscar Wilde's parents both espoused Irish independence. How does the Irish cause figure in Oscar Wilde's life? How does he espouse Irish values? Did he become more English than Irish? In what ways did he remain Irish?
After Oscar Wilde was convicted of homosexuality, his friends urged him to flee to Paris. Why did he not flee? What did he gain by remaining in England and being imprisoned? What did he lose?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)